It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Search People In London Without Reasonable Suspicion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In this video, a two foreign looking me are searched by police. After questioning, it turns out one man had gotten in trouble with the police before, but was just minding his own buisness and the police searched him w/o probable cause. Having a record does NOT give police "reasonable" suspicion, especially after you have served your sentence and are out of the system. Apparently it happens to him on a regular basis.

This is the definition of a nanny/police state.

Here is the video..

edit on 28-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Being an American I must first ask, what does their Constitution say about things like this. I do not want to confuse the American Constitution with someone elses.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Being an American I must first ask, what does their Constitution say about things like this. I do not want to confuse the American Constitution with someone elses.

In the UK the police must have reasonable suspicion.

"Accordingly, reasonable grounds for suspicion cannot be based solely on attitudes or prejudices towards certain types of people, such as membership of a group within which offenders of a certain kind are relatively common - for example, young football fans. Nor can it be based solely on your skin colour, age, hairstyle, mode of dress or previous convictions." link

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Due to the linguistics of our laws the police can search basically who they deem fit for search. This can be a pain but I can kind of see why they do it. They're not arresting anyone for anything, just a quick search as more of a safety procedure. I don't think our police go completely overboard with it unless they're specifically told to target a certain group (like protesters) or if statistically non-white people.

They need a warrant to enter your property of course though.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
Due to the linguistics of our laws the police can search basically who they deem fit for search. This can be a pain but I can kind of see why they do it. They're not arresting anyone for anything, just a quick search as more of a safety procedure. I don't think our police go completely overboard with it unless they're specifically told to target a certain group (like protesters) or if statistically non-white people.

They need a warrant to enter your property of course though.

This video is very clear, these cops went overboard, read the definition of reasonable suspicion. The police did not act in accordance to the law. No one should get searched everyday like the man in the video. Anyone who watched the whole video and thinks it's OK should go back in time to Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

In that video yes, I do agree with you. I just think that is an small case and I don't think it happens that much. I just don't think our police does it to everyone likes the Nazis did. I wouldn't go as far to say its police state nature though, but thats just me.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One

Tea4one,
So for no reason it is fine to be shaken down? Look @ my funny, I'm going fishing for a reason to get more on you. I know I'm looking @ this from an American mindset, but really just a quick search as a safety procedure? What's next, rectal exam's with a plunger? Wait, that is only when you're taken back for questioning!

Derek

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

I'm not really agreeing with it, I never said anywhere that its fine. I just mean that I can see why they do it and I don't think its of police state nature. You're going to fish for a reason to get more on me?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Huge thumbs up for the cameraman for knowhing his stuff
Sounds to me like he might be UK photo activist.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Huge thumbs up for the cameraman for knowhing his stuff
Sounds to me like he might be UK photo activist.

It's Love Police. Charlie Veitch's thing who certainly does know his thing. He is a leading figure in activism in England I think, especially to those on the internet.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
In the UK the police must have reasonable suspicion.

"Accordingly, reasonable grounds for suspicion cannot be based solely on attitudes or prejudices towards certain types of people

Let us all wake up and smell the coffee , reality time , they do the above
daily . The latest spate of riots in London and other cities around the UK were started using the above tactics .

new topics

top topics

join