It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's elections, Do Elections Really Matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Egypt's elections: What will happen and what's at stake

The once-banned Muslim Brotherhood, one of the nation's largest organizations, is expected to perform well in the election, which is taking place against the backdrop of demonstrations calling for an immediate end to military rule.

Hamid added that the elections "are so critical for both Egyptians and everyone else who wishes to see Egypt move toward democracy and some modicum of stability."

Now lets take a look at CNN comment reactions

An election which means absolutely nothing

i think its good that some countries like egypt are protesting to have a democracy and have a good life . its good to see that the civilians there are speaking for thereselves for there country that shows how much pride they have in there countries they should have the rights to protest and have someone who will not be a dictator they should be able to vote who they want just like us in the USA and i know the economy is not good for us in our country but at least we are protesting to tell our goverment to do something to fix this soon egypt is gonna be sorta like us but different for awhile untill then there might be little deadly violence there . i hope egypt will be similar to USA we dont want them to become like iran for sure

Congratulation on the first offspring of the Arab Spring. The road to democracy has always been treacherous in the past three hundred years. There is no easy road. Now it is the first step in the right direction. Do it right and do it fair. You will be rewarded

I live in the US and voted through mail to the Egyptian Embassy in Washington. More than 3000 people did the same thing. Due to late announcements from official on the actual voting process, this number would have been 100 times as much. In fact, some people went and dropped their ballots at the counslet in NY which was closed. Since I now understand the voting system which isn't bad at all, I think we will see much more participation for the senate and presidential election.

An American then congratulating him on the American facebook supported Arab Spring?
Pretty obvious the user Sensible2012 used the image of uncle sam

Sensible2012 Good Morning, Sir! Congratulation on the first offspring of the Arab Spring.

Now my question is Do Elections Really Matter? in my view they dont matter usual in every time that an election an election candidate that always stand up for the people never wins the general election, for exmaple
like the candidates Barry Goldwater,Ron Paul in America and Jack Layton In Canada.

The Canadian Prime Minster race and election of this year 2011 was supposed to be in favor of Jack Layton since Harper didnt have and had lost the popularity of many Canadians.

Alot of canadians are calling Harper the American Puppet taking the marching orders from America it doesnt matter which president is in charge in America he will still take the marching orders.

So after the Arab spring what will be any different? What Libyas Election be? will they be any different? in my opinion no, look at Iraq, Iraq is still a mess there economy hasnt been in these 8 years at all.

Even though America promised that iraqi economy might take 8 to 20 years to recover? really that long? sadly somehow i am not buying that.

Look at Bosnia 20 years after the war Bosnias economy has the worst unemployment rate in all of other European countries.

So what would changing governments mean? nothing really they will be the same as the old ones expect with a globalists western agenda.

So what do you think?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
"The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them." - Karl Marx

In my opinion, no. Our elections of representatives are folly. In no way do they represent us fully and this means that our democracy is entirely false. However, in the essence of Egypt it would probably do well for them to have the illusion of democracy for once.

new topics

join