It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Student who refuses to apologize to Gov. Sam Brownback is wrong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I find it disturbing that in that source they say her future could be affected if she ever wants a government job??
Isn't that like being blacklisted??

No, it's part of a background check.

And it's not only a government job...but any job...I wouldn't hire her if I saw this article about her. Why would I want that kind of person who is willing to cause drama like this working for me and representing me???

I'd hire her.

I love people who speak their minds. Sure, she fibbed a bit (more like over exaggerated), but who hasn't? I'd gladly hire a person who spoke their mind, stuck to their principles, and had balls like this.

Are you looking for employees who bow to your greatness, censor their thoughts and words, and are basically easy to control? I guess it all depends on what you would be hiring them for..

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just a small thing. Based on some comments from page one, people are upset with Governor Brownback. There doesn't seem to be anything in the story to support that. His staff called the school, and the school asked for the apology, according to the school. I don't see where Brownback gets any blame. I can't imagine his staff tells him about every tweet with his name in it.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It's a well known established fact that politicians do indeed suck.

I approve this message.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Exactly. Brownbeck's staff contacted the school about the young lady's message. The school principal who demanded the apology letter. Brownback may have not even known about it until Emma Sullivan's story hit the news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join