It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New evidence in the D.B. Cooper Case...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They have done an electron microscope test on a tie clip of all things...It is titanium...

“In 1971 there was a big upheaval in the titanium industry with the cancelling of the SST project, which happened to be at Boeing, and that laid a lot of people off in the industry. So Cooper could have been part of the fallout,” said Kaye.

Boeing canceled its Super Sonic Transport project, one of the first civilian planes to use titanium, just months before the 1971 hijacking. Washington state was suddenly plunged into an economic crisis.

Could Cooper have been unemployed and so desperate that he would threaten to blow up a passenger jet and then parachute with $200,000 in ransom money?

Could lead to the culprit...maybe...

overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 11/24/2011 by jeichelberg because: add story link

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
he played the mess out of the government thats all i care about. Cooper deserves a S+F

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

Plain and Simple , D.B. Cooper was a Thief . He did it for the Money.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Jimmy James from News Radio was D.B. Cooper, case closed.

Seriously though, I would love for them to solve this, and at least tell us if he survived. I know they found money, but that proves nothing. He "could" have survived the jump, he could also have been knocked out in the air blast and died.

To my knowledge they had serial numbers on the money and so far none has ever turned up.

Then again, where are they checking? Canada? south america? Europe? I could take decades for that physical money to make it back to the states, if at all.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Case closed..

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I did not know they had actually identified D. B. Cooper...do you have a source of this?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I can't find where this case is closed, it's still a mystery.

link

there have been many leads and ideas through the years, but nothing definate as far as I know.

S&F for Cooper getting away with it...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Another very interesting case to me.. I personally like how he has become loved like a 70's version of the depression era bank robbers. I love the legacy behind all of this.. Too bad we will never know the truth in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
DB Cooper parachute packer ID'd as homicide victim

DB Cooper parachute packer

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Some of the money was found.

In February 1980 an eight-year-old boy named Brian Ingram, vacationing with his family on the Columbia River about 9 miles (15 km) downstream from Vancouver, Washington and 20 miles (32 km) southwest of Ariel, uncovered three packets of the ransom cash, significantly disintegrated but still bundled in rubber bands, as he raked the sandy riverbank to build a campfire.] FBI technicians confirmed that the money was indeed a portion of the ransom—two packets of 100 bills each and a third packet of 90, all arranged in the same order as when given to Cooper.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I do find it Ironic that Earl Cossey just died. Hes the man that packed the chutes for DB. He was murdered recently.

Link

I am working on the DB Cooper case with Beezzer.

D.B. Cooper Mystery

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I did not know they had actually identified D. B. Cooper...do you have a source of this?

The poster is referring to an episode of the TV show "News Radio" in which their boss alludes to really being D.B. Cooper. It is fictional, not an actual ID.

(great episode and show, by the way)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What is your feeling on the idea of L.D. Cooper being D.B. Cooper?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by sonnny1

What is your feeling on the idea of L.D. Cooper being D.B. Cooper?

Im skeptical of him. I think if it was him, the FBI would have been all over him at the time.

And....his DNA wasn't a match.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah, but there's no real reason the DNA on that has to be Cooper's....(and doesn't seem to match Gossett either, the other main suspect, as I'm sure you already know)...

edit on 3-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join