It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They know how to call in Satan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I heard from a satanist site that a book with instructions on how to call in Satan understandable for popes only is rumored to be in Vatican
is it true?

[edit on 5-9-2004 by AtheiX]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
could be. as i recall the Vatican has the worlds largest occult library, gathered from all over the known world. actually stolen would probably be a better term.

again as i recall Richileux ( not sure of spelling) had an extensive occult library
that fell into the vatican hands.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i believe that the vatican is the font of all knowledge shame we can't acess then read all manuscripts we would quickly learn the meaning of life

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
could be. as i recall the Vatican has the worlds largest occult library, gathered from all over the known world. actually stolen would probably be a better term.

again as i recall Richileux ( not sure of spelling) had an extensive occult library
that fell into the vatican hands.

spl: Richelieu
so the nice pope JPII is a conspirator?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

I remember hearing about this. I think the Vatican does has the largest occult library. They have a lot of interesting books there
some are hidden from public view aswell.

Odd

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Any ritual 'calling down' an entity as powerful as Satan is purported to be would require massive psychic force, more than could be manifested by any human alive today. However, I suppose that it might be possible through a liberal application of ecclesiastical ritual (they can cast out demons, so I see no reason why they could not summon them).

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
I heard from a satanist site that a book with instructions on how to call in Satan understandable for popes only is rumored to be in Vatican
is it true?

[edit on 5-9-2004 by AtheiX]

Satian is a creation by man so any entity who didn't have your best intrest at heart could imporsinate the devil.. Besides no human knows wat he looks like excpet for the pictures that the vatican has stuck in our heads.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Satan already had a hold on the Vatican.

Ahh... Here it is.

www.aztlan.net...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Alistair Crowley claimed he could evoke the devil - I wonder which one he meant as there are so many of the bstds!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
Any ritual 'calling down' an entity as powerful as Satan is purported to be would require massive psychic force, more than could be manifested by any human alive today. However, I suppose that it might be possible through a liberal application of ecclesiastical ritual (they can cast out demons, so I see no reason why they could not summon them).

Actually it's not that hard but don't do it

It can screw up your life.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

Satian is a creation by man so any entity who didn't have your best intrest at heart could imporsinate the devil.. Besides no human knows wat he looks like excpet for the pictures that the vatican has stuck in our heads.

There is a Satan, its the fallen angel, Azazel. He refused to bow down when God told all the angels to bow down to Adam and Eve. He also used to be the Arch Angel, now thats wut i call demotion.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
BlueMeanie: Alistair Crowley claimed he could evoke the devil - I wonder which one he meant as there are so many of the bstds!

Well, in my opinion this is unlikely to refer to Satan, if such a statement was made which I am unaware of any references to, doesn't seem to fit the cosmology of the individual concerned. It could refer to Pan or Baphomet if mentioned in this way. Which could just be an evocation of wine, "women", song. Satan seems to have been conceptualised to as a natural construct similar to the pagan view. Why bother invoking angels with questionable agenda's - whose existence can be brought into doubt where there is a wide pantheon of Gods and powers from which to choose from. Having the ability to evoke spirits (not necessarily that difficult), if not balanced with some understanding of consequences is ultimately sets up some very self destructive currents IMO - even if the spirit or God is not necessarily negative. Bringing them to visible manifestation is another percolator of fish, much more difficult. Presuming such things are possible...

On the topic of Satan:

"The early Christians also were accused of worshipping an ass or ass-headed god, and this again is connected with the wild ass of the wilderness, the god Set, identified with Saturn and Satan....He is the South, as Nuit is the North: the Egyptians had a Desert and an Ocean in those quarters." The Book of Thoth, by Aleister Crowley, Samuel Weiser Inc., 1944; page 67.

"This 'Devil' is called Satan or Shaitan, and regarded with horror by people who are ignorant of this formula, and, imagining themselves to be evil, accuse Nature herself of their own phantasmal crime. Satan is Saturn, Set, Abrasax, Adad, Adonis, Attis, Adam, Adonai, etc. The most serious charge against him is only that he is the Sun in the South. The Ancient Initiates, dwelling as they did in lands whose blood was the water of the Nile or the Euphrates, connected the South with life-withering heat, and cursed that quarter where the solar darts where deadliest." Magick, by Aleister Crowley, Ed. John Symonds and Kenneth Grant, Arkana Books, 1973; page 172.

There was an evocation of a spirit from the Goetia - "Buer" mentioned which was reported to have been bought to semi-visable appearance by AC, with a fair degree of effort and relatively positive consequences in a well managed ritual.

If by devil you mean ultimate evil then IMO that in this framework may very well be Chronozon - which was also invoked and made to manifest with the assistance of Victor Neuberg.

Re: the Vatican

"understandable for popes only" - doubt this.

The Vatican probably has more rituals for invoking Lucifer than Satan, given its prevalence in medieval literature. Its bound to have more than are commonly available due to its reputed collection of unique historical documents. Material exists in a lot of mainstream places, Faust for example. I would guess that the number would be in the 10-100s minimum. Interesting historical documents..

The question would be in these times, what purpose would it serve to perform on of these the you can contact God?

The "If I understand evil then I can truly understand good" heresy which existed for a time, doesn't seem to have brought many results and seems a little outmoded philosophically.

top topics

join