It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A51 - Question about Google Earth and a weird image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I was playing around with google earth and decided to take a look at A-51 to see if there were any changes (construction).

In my google earth I have all atmosphere options turned off, so its just the terrain and buildings. I am curious if anyone can explain this -

** Use scrollbar and move to the right **

** Use scrollbar and move to the right **

The huge cloud covering to the right of the runways. I am assuming that when you shut off all atmoshperic conditions, all clouds etc go away. Ive looked at other areas across the globe and there are no clouds present. I also thought it might be a sandstorm, but again the concentration / size doesnt correspond.

Also it looks like there are new images up or A-51 as there seems to be a lot of construction / finished constrution etc...

Any ideas?
edit on 24-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It looks like smoke from a fire of some sort, it also appears to be relatively close to the ground and the wind (which you would expect to be fairly common in that area) doesn't seem to be affecting it either.

Very curious indeed.

Go back there and zoom right in to see if there is any ground activity near the 'smoke' cloud, something like a fire engine might help explain this.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well, in my opinion. If they were trying to hide something they would just blur it out.
More than likely just a cloud they missed.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I go with smoke too. If you look in Google Earth at area 51 then scroll down and to the right slowly, you will see clouds with a shadow. 3 or 4. The clouds are completely white and the shadow they leave is quite black. Either this cloud is skimming along the surface of the ground (unlikely?) then it must be smoke, gas, chemical agent or other "man made" thing. IMHO. Disclaimer: I am not a meteorologist.

ETA: I don't know the right words for it but if you zoom out slightly over the whole area it appears very "blocky" and you can see what appears to be different kinds of imagery (?) being combined but when you look how small these areas are, I can't imagine it would require multiple flights to cover the area in question. I have little knowledge of how they do their "scanning" but it seems like too many blocks over certain areas all with differing shades or colours. I could be wrong though
edit on 24/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It was in the news a few years back. There was a big fuss about big open pit burning going on at Area 51. They were said to be burning some really nasty stuff and people doing the burning got sick. I would say that is what the picture shows. I think it smoke from a large open pit burning operation.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think its smoke as well. I looked around and did not find anything that would indicate weapons testing, an explosion or fire etc. There is nothing to the right of the image either.

I used the history slider and the same cloud is in the 2010 photo in the same spot. However aside from that, changes everywhere else are noticeable. Also, the last time I played around with google maps in A-51, bout 2 weeks ago, the cloud / smoke was not there

Oh well.. Thought i'd post and see what you guys make of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
It was in the news a few years back. There was a big fuss about big open pit burning going on at Area 51. They were said to be burning some really nasty stuff and people doing the burning got sick. I would say that is what the picture shows. I think it smoke from a large open pit burning operation.

I remember hearing about that. I thought that was back in the 1990's though.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The image with the cloud is from 6/29/2010. That seems to be the most recent image.
It looks like a normal type cloud to me. A bit wispy around the edges. The sun is nearly overhead so the shadow is directly below.

Go to 34°20'34.41"N, 112°49'44.39"W (7/26/09) for something similar.

edit on 11/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I---COULD---TELL---U---BUTT---I---WOULD---HAVE---TO---
WISH---A---HAPPY---GOBBLEGOBBLE---X-ULTRA---DAY---
>

L
King forward to AmeriChina Xma$$e$
... So here's A
... GALACTIC LEVEL OMAGA CODE CLUE;
... What U ALL^SEE
... is nothing to s
here at hologram SIRIUS---(b)
... thy area 51 name... move along citizen...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The image with the cloud is from 6/29/2010. That seems to be the most recent image.
It looks like a normal type cloud to me. A bit wispy around the edges. The sun is nearly overhead so the shadow is directly below.

Go to 34°20'34.41"N, 112°49'44.39"W (7/26/09) for something similar.

edit on 11/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

...Ever wonder
... where the Area 51 SOLAR PANELS for power are...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicWaterGate

>

L
... So here's A
... What U ALL^SEE
... is nothing to s

errrrrrrmmm.... Ill take outer planets for $500 Alex...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by CosmicWaterGate

>

L
... So here's A
... What U ALL^SEE
... is nothing to s

errrrrrrmmm.... Ill take outer planets for $500 Alex...

... What is; Pumkin sport model flying tesla pies...
with quantum wip cream coiled on top...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm sure this one lonely cloud has been discussed here before.

Can you have one cloud all by it's lonesome? Yes.

Here is one dark cloud all by itself where the rest of the clouds are higher altitude wispy clouds. No photoshop required. That is Bald Mountain at the left of the image, so the cloud is in the general vicinity of the Tonopah Test Range.

www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
I'm sure this one lonely cloud has been discussed here before.

Can you have one cloud all by it's lonesome? Yes.

Here is one dark cloud all by itself where the rest of the clouds are higher altitude wispy clouds. No photoshop required. That is Bald Mountain at the left of the image, so the cloud is in the general vicinity of the Tonopah Test Range.

www.lazygranch.com...

Of course we can.. I just never noticed it before and found it interesting that is even appeared in google earth since I ahd all the atmospheric settings turned off. So unless it somehow got missed, I found it weird just because of its location.

Im not usggesting any conspiracy theories. I figured I would post it and see what others thought

Thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The weather layers add current satellite and other data overlays to the map.

The cloud you are looking at was present when the satellite image was made in 2010, it's part of the image, not a weather overlay.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am not sure if its from google earth, what are those circles and strange designs on the top right corner, reminds me of nazca lines ?

looke like the zoom feature and N compass..?
edit on 12/1/2011 by -W1LL because: sp

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Its Google Earth with atmosphere and surface water turned off. It a view of Area 51.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by -W1LL

Its Google Earth with atmosphere and surface water turned off. It a view of Area 51.

ok (takes off tinfoil hat)..

great pic either way strange how one lonely cloud is over area 51, I would think smoke but then what are they burning?
edit on 12/1/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

reply to post by -W1LL

ok (takes off tinfoil hat)..

great pic either way strange how one lonely cloud is over area 51, I would think smoke but then what are they burning?
edit on 12/1/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

No idea... I think its just an errant cloud that was missed when the image was processed for layers. Either way it looks goofy.

new topics

top topics

join