It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future hurricanes?Brinicle' forms BENEATH the sea and kills everything in its path - 23rd Nov 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Is this the future hurricane raising from the water and landing on the shore?

TextAn underwater 'icicle of death' which sinks to the seabed destroying everything it comes into contact with has been caught on camera for the first time. The sinking brine is so cold that it causes the seawater to freeze around it. BBC film crews recorded the brinicle for the first time ever as it sunk to the bottom of the sea in Antarctica. When it hits the surface, a web of ice spreads killing sea urchins and starfish. The remarkable underwater footage was filmed for Frozen Planet on BBC One using timelapse technology. Read More
link(thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com...

source(thecomingcrisis.blogspot.com...

I hope our planet forgive us and is not creating a new monster because we try to control the weather.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Brinicle? Hmm that might be the best way to brine the turkey.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Looks like a normal natural occurrence to me. Nature culling or thinning the herd so to speak when sea ice forms. Also, I noticed it was time lapse photography so it was a lot slower process than what it appeared, therefore not nearly as devastating as it first seems. I mean we all know that starfish move a whoooooole lot slower than that. I did see some of them get right out of the way, so maybe we are seeing evolution making an adjustment.

Wait...

Sea ice forming? I thought it was melting
Remember Global Warming? Oh, right. Now it is called Climate Change. Could this be why the name change?

Oh, great find on the video. S+F from me.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger

Brinicle? Hmm that might be the best way to brine the turkey.
yes one turkey one fish!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Before a warm age there is a small ice age,it's like the human body trying to defend against high temperature.first it's cooling down!

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Ok so let me get this straight. The sea surface is freezing quickly. The water freezes and produces much saltier water (brine). Of course the brine freezes at a lower temperature that the regular water around it and it is denser to so it starts to sink. As it sinks the lower salt content water will freeze because it's temperature is lowered by the colder brine. This continues until the brine is warmed up by absorbing the heat of the surrounding water or by absorbing the heat of the sea floor. Oh it could stop by the sheer depth also. The greater the pressure of the water the colder the fluid can be without turning to solid. I know this first hand. I have been to the north pole and have personnally recorded seawater temperatures there. It can get much colder than the ice in our drinks.

So my point...It's cold on the surface. That's what starts the whole process. They are in Anarticia. There is nothing wrong here. It is actually a beautiful process. We should be worried if it didn't happen. The only reason we are talking about it is the fact that we haven't seen it happen often and it is really a cool time lapse footage. And we haven't seen it because......it's in Anarticia. I'm sure there are still some more cool stuff to discover all over the place.

Thanks OP for bring this natural occurance up. I really enjoyed watching it.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
You mean like this one posted the other day www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Topic already being discussed in the thread shown in the post above.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join