It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment. Learn More About You.. Me.... and Others.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I know that there are some very intellectual members here, and we have to get to know each other based on what we write. Maybe you put someone on your friends list, and then realized later based on their writing you may not want them there.

Here is a little experiment that I would like to try. Participation is for those that ask to be analyzed only!

Ok, so here it is, many people only see the surface. But... when you write a thread, you are trying to get attention of others to see what you wrote. This is kind of like the subject title in an online dating site, but just based on that and not photos, we think that we can analyze a person. For example:

Women with nice smile wants to meet you.

Man with boat and jet wants to meet you.

Busty women is looking for love.

Man and dog Rusty are looking for a third person to make us complete.

Those are just a few examples. You can give a small summary of what you think their profile might look like, or what they might be about.

BUT, what if we did a run through of people based on their thread titles here. You don't have to read the thread, just a glimpse of some of their titles. And see if you can give a pretty close analogy of the poster.

I have been trying to figure out more about people, and I think this would be a great exercise, of one, not basing a book by its cover, because if you analyze someone (nicely) they can tell you if its correct or not, this can help with understanding other members, and those in your outside life.

This is participation only, if you say its cool, then people can come by and add what they saw, and you can answer back with either a nope try again, or wow you were dead on!

Of course I wrote the thread, so I leave myself out there for the start, but I do hope that others will participate. I know there are a few out there that I think I may know, but... Ill wait to see if they agree.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I just had to stop here and make a comment because right before I read your opening statement, I was just telling myself that I really need to spend less time on ATS, but I'm hooked! The reason I'm hooked is because I have a huge fascination with people, psychology, and what makes people tick and/or think the way they do! And I think you do too! Haven't quite come up with an overall opinion yet of your personality, etc., in order to make a statement, but I look forward to seeing what other people have to say and will reply again after further review!!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Thanks for responding. I figured that we all have a fascination with others, but maybe more then some. I just thought that it would be a good experiment, and maybe we can learn something. ATS whether I like to admit it or not, is a family for me.

I spend lots of time here, and I like to think that my interests are the same as others

Peace, NRE.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
interesting...

curious to see how your expirement goes as much harder to 'read' people from text on a screen than directly in person...

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Expat888 might be right about this one. Your threads show a wide variety of thinking and people can be complicated.

If I had to take guess, I say you are a very down to earth, compassionate and caring person who loves to learn! I may be stretching it here in trying to be more detailed, but I also picture you as being someone who tries to commune with people and nature in an effort to "tune in" and connect with the world around you in order to figure out it's true meaning and intent. Have you discovered it yet? Sorry, if this appears too generic!

top topics

join