It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Koch Brothers insider information from a democrat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Link to article

Here is a perfect example of how the "game" is played by the so-called elite.

Now remember, the Koch brothers are considered hard-core republicans, and Jon Corzine of MF Global was a democratic senator. (Hint: if you still believe in the left vs. right puppet show, hopefully this will enlighten you.)

It's all about money and influence, the rest is just smoke-screening for the general public, and really, (if you can ignore all the ridiculous claims and assertions made by the mainstream media) this is what the occupy movement are all about.

Both the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange were charged with overseeing MF Global, their clearing member. If we are to believe them, they had no idea of any difficulties within the firm before customer accounts went missing just a few days before the collapse. But someone clearly knew of the cratering positions and imminent collapse of MF Global, as billions of dollars of accounts were "coincidentally" withdrawn. And what do the Koch brothers say was the reason for these withdrawals? There's been no comment.

If you are the 1% of the 1% (yes, I know it makes for less catchy chants, that is why it has been simplified!) you get a call BEFORE the fraudulent activity causes the company to collapse... not to worry though, I'm sure if they did not manage to get their money out on time the government would have their backs and bail-outs would be coming soon.

Here is one journalist who "gets it" when it comes to the occupy movements:

For those still battling the excesses of 2008 and those occupying Wall Street, this has been another proof of the inside, "fixed" operation of the financial markets. When banks go wrong, betting big with other people's money and losing, they can be sure of a bailout that guarantees their bonuses and businesses. And when firms are tailspinning to disaster, the richest and most financially influential partners are sure to get a phone call -- a "heads-up" - to save their assets and leave regular people with the mess.

So, do you still think that the two-party system is any different than pro-wrestling?

the Billmeister

p.s.
Of course, Jon Corzine is also a former CEO of Goldman Sachs... its almost as if there was a pattern here!?!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

Great post and thread!

But we need to keep in mind a third candidate or party will not fix anything and will likely make matters worse. The system itself needs fixing. This is what the OWS group is trying to have done, effectively or not, as far as I can tell.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I agree... though I'm still quite the cynic (and articles like this keep fueling that fire!), I still have optimism for the human race.

Really, the first step is quite simple... just apply the laws already in existence to the financial criminals. This one simple step could go a long way in eliminating the influence of wealth on government, which is essentially the root of the problem.

However, it seems that a change of culture of the whole power structure needs to take place before any of these simple steps can ever occur... and I'm not ready to start holding my breath just yet.

the Billmeister

EDIT: To be clear, I believe that 3rd, 4th and 5th party candidates... or heck, all independent candidates would not hurt the democratic process.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Billmeister because: made obvious

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

But we need to keep in mind a third candidate or party will not fix anything

So, we should keep supporting the same corrupt self serving system? Are you a troll who is in fear that their power structure would be threatened by a "peoples party". I call dog squeezens on that ......

The third party is the only way to go other than violent overthrow of the oligarchy.....

You don't seem to understand that the "placebo effect" doesn't only apply to medicine ... it also applies to political beliefs and theocratic religous idiology...... more than 30 percent believe so blindly that their mind will never allow them to see that they have been decieved,

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

But we need to keep in mind a third candidate or party will not fix anything

So, we should keep supporting the same corrupt self serving system? Are you a troll who is in fear that their power structure would be threatened by a "peoples party". I call dog squeezens on that ......

The third party is the only way to go other than violent overthrow of the oligarchy.....

You don't seem to understand that the "placebo effect" doesn't only apply to medicine ... it also applies to political beliefs and theocratic religous idiology...... more than 30 percent believe so blindly that their mind will never allow them to see that they have been decieved,

I guess reading is a challenge so you probably missed the part where I say the system needs revamping. A 3rd party candidate only splits the vote off the 2 major players. Can you say Ralph Nader? Peoples party? You have got to be kidding? Lets discuss solutions that have a snowballs chance in Hades of working shall we?

new topics

top topics

join