It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World according to Einstein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
According to Einstein we actually only have one year left, depending on how you look at it...

Ive been telling people for years that pollinators and the sudden disappearance of them is a startling and dangerous thing.

"If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live."
-Albert Einstein

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I thought it was 5 years, but don't worry we have self pollinating GMOs now and superbugs.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dankety

I thought it was 5 years, but don't worry we have self pollinating GMOs now and superbugs.

Self Pollinating plants?
Are you talking about the Wind?

I can assure you, this is DEFINITELY something to worry about.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

i highly recommend you watch this documentary -> www.youtube.com...
A silent forest: on the growing threat of genetically engineered trees.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The bee has STARTED to disappear, and they've apparently found one of the causes of CCD (colony collapse disorder) which is the now banned pesticide seeds, seeds which have the pesticide genetically encoded into the plant, keeping it inside the plant from birth to digestion in your stomach. I think France was the first to ban their use. I think the movie "Disappearance of the Bees" talks about this.

Anyways, Einstein said once they disappear, because they are no longer pollinating the plants, our crops would not grow, we wouldn't be able to feed the animals, and they'd die off too, leaving us after a few years, with nothing.

But, that's a complete absence of bees, that's not what has happened yet, so no, we don't only have a year left, once the last honey bee dies, THEN the countdown starts.

Anyways, all plants pollinate via releasing pollen, which is collected by the other plants. Using air alone, this is a haphazard and unreliable method. Bees, on the other hand, will pollinate the CRAP out of a crop, fly back to their hive, let you drive them around the country, and pollinate whatever crops you let them out near.

GMO seeds + GMO pesticides = dead bees

We're not doomed yet, but we are getting fairly close to the "no turning back" point as once you release a single GMO crop, anything within "pollination" distance is now GMO infected.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dankety

i highly recommend you watch this documentary -> www.youtube.com...
A silent forest: on the growing threat of genetically engineered trees.

That was very good dankety!
I will send this one to my friends.
I consider Monsanto to be a very evil company that should be banned from the face of this Earth, just as their entire management.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Well I am hoping man is starting to realise the mistakes he has made and begin to undoing them..

My local Uni is working on this by reintroducing the native black honey bee to replace the hybrids that are not able to deal with naturally changing climates nor are they as hygienic as the native species (only 10% of the UK hives are said to be hygienic) which further exacerbates the whole disease issue..

While the hybrids are fed sugar water or dying off in droves due to disease and what not the native species are thriving... all in all shows without a doubt mother nature really does know best

The British Black and European Dark Honey bees have been sidelined for years by bee keepers due to their inability to match the honey production levels of the Hybrids in prefect conditions (it is down to £££ $$$ after all) heck even the Nazis got in on the act attempting to exterminate all the Black/Dark honey bees.. *shakes head at the dumbness of humanity*

Sussex Bee Plan

Main aims
To breed and test a stock of hygienic, native British black honey bees, Apis mellifera mellifera, and to make this available to beekeepers to use in queen rearing and in hives.

www.sussex.ac.uk...

So all is not lost.. but these kinds of projects have serious funding issues.. so while there is light at the end of the tunnel we are not quite there yet..
edit on 22/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Such "apocalyptic scenarios" are overblown, said Rabobank.

Pretty much sums it up.

We’ll just get RoboBee to do it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Op what you talk about is very true,

F for the subject but the actual Quote is in fact an Hoax, or attributed to Einstein and the original person who said it lost as such.

Whoever said it is a mute point,

Its an fact, about the dangers,

There is an old thread on ATS with much you and others interested in this topic will find an Hive of information,excuse the pun lol,

Myself and an old member gone now started it and kept it updated for a few years, but AshleyD keeps it updated now, u2u her to add any more Threads updates please do:

Dissapearing Bees Thread Index

Just to add this lovely Pic:

Try and get an machine to do that eh?

Looks all very cozy and soft, man has a lot to learn from bees on how to treat our environment, the hand that feeds us as such,

Love

Elf
because: Spelling and picture plus text

edit on 22-11-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Time to unleash the mechanical bee then, it would compensate for all those perished bees and give a breathing space to re-establish a stable pattern of pollination, while phasing out inbuilt pesticides and let bees do their thing once again. the technology is all there.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The quote, Einstein or not, is wrong.

Several types of crops are naturally self-pollinating and do not need bees. Such as:
- Corn
- Wheat
- Maize
- Rice
- Potatoes
- Barley
- Rye
- Oats

And many others. These are dietary staples providing the necessary proteins, vitamins and minerals to live. Beyond that, there will still be plenty of beef, chicken and pork.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
^all crops.

This is something that will effect actual eco systems, not ones we designed, but NATURE.

and wow I can't believe this quote was attributed to Einstein without proper validation..
Snoops says its undetermined.

I still say the danger is real. Many more species are going to start going extinct... At alarming rates.

new topics

top topics

active topics

join