It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elucidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Pondering the subject of the alien, when we think of the search for e.t we seek contact with a sentient life form regardless the constituent of its being. As far as can be discerned with our limited experience, carbon based life could be said to be it and the rest theory. Most accept that discovering the building blocks of more complex life on another planet is an acceptable proof of extraterrestrial life. Here on this planet exists a multitude of species, species which it could be said fulfil all the qualities we seek in life beyond our sphere of blue, even those which indicate a possible sentient collection of beings. Cruelty to animals by children is most distressing and one seeks to enlighten children as to at least the basic concepts of empathy and compassion for what is a feeling thinking creature. If an extraterrestrial species were to witness our most developed society, would they not look at us as we do those children? The mass continual brutality extolled upon beasts enslaved is surely enough to turn the stomach of anyone, but that is not the least nor the last of the despicable actions upon species, many die never to reach there target, the nourishment of masses. No acknowledgement is given no comprehension of the sacrifice of another to sustain oneself. I see no way forth for Man if he cannot overcome himself. It just strikes as curious.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Timothy leary,how are you my freind?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Absoutely, however, if we assume that such et life exists, then we must also consider that our history coud be in question, and you may have it all backwards. Perhaps that et life woud be what is responsible for creating an environment where such an appearance of cruelty seemed necessary for survival while certain advances were backed up, so that the advances came later, arrived at by the visitors, instead, in order to continue to justify needing to control and enslave others while they are being "taught" how to be decent. Just a thought. In this kind of speculation, It always seems the assumption is alien life would be more advanced. The fact is, though, if such things happened, no one would any longer be able to ascertain or discern who or what was native or alien, the order or progression of events, etc.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have often placed my own self in ET's position, and took a hard look at humanity in general, and I have to say, it is an appalling look, to say the least. Any ET race would no doubt see humanity as a barbaric race of violent people, people who kill animals for pure sport, people who fight protracted wars that last for years, killing off millions of people in the process.I see humanity has utterly destroyed their Home, their planet, by filling the landfills with indestructible plastic bottles and diapers, polluting our oceans, rivers, streams, and our very aquafier that we draw water from. I see countless tracks of land wasted for cemeteries, and even more for parks nobody ever visits. And, the funniest thing is, watching humans walk behind their dogs, and watch them pick up and carry the stool they leave.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
usernamehere, that is a very good and serious post, and it covers several subjects. I will just comment on a few. First, I had to look up the word Elucidate, to make sure I knew what it meant!!

"Elucidate" - to make lucid or clear; throw light upon; explain

Well, it strikes me that, regarding ET or aliens anywhere, "elucidation" won't really occur until undeniable proof of their actual existence is openly presented..............................."and accepted". Until that time, we can talk (continue to talk) about ET's and aliens to the extreme, but nothing really changes. I haven't been on ATS very long, but I have watched similar discussions on other forums, on that subject. My take on those discussions is that it pretty much is like being on a "merry-go-around", with the same talk, questions, and lack of "proof positive" answers just going, going, and going, and coming back, coming back, and coming back - with no real results.

It does seem that there is actually a lot of pretty much undeniable proof out there, by/from well accepted and respected people. But until such proof begins to be openly accepted by science and governments, there will be no real "clarity" established for ET/aliens. Those of us who are interested, and concerned, just need to keep working with the various research, to firmly develop that undeniable proof.

Probably most every alien that might visit this earth will have already progressed through and beyond our point of "human development and progression". So, we at least could expect some empathy and understanding in that regard from them. Of course, this "development and progression" on Earth still is widely varied, with some tribes/peoples in remote areas living not far from the stone age. So, any aliens would recognize a wide range of differences, just in human development around the globe anyway.

Regarding your comments and concerns for the animals --- well, they are here for a reason. Probably the greatest reason is to provide food/sustenance as needed, to humans and other animals. After all, they are "just animals". No, I am not talking about "pets", but then some cultures eat for food what some of us refer to as pets. But yes, the "animal kingdom" should be treated with the degree of respect deserved for life.

edit on 22-11-2011 by rdunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

Yep exactly, proof may one day come out... but for all of us to accept it is impossible. I think this time will never come.

The way our society is built up, and the things the majority of us care about, will never live up to accepting intelligent ET life. We live in a world where people are dictated to hold their beliefs that were forced upon them as a child, i'm not just talking about religion where ET cannot exist by the books they preach from, but rather life as a whole.

We live in a society that cares more about being able to pay taxes than being able to look up at the sky. If there is a group of higher-beings (in terms of advancements) i honestly think they would be wetting themselves laughing at the way our world works. We are all brought up to simply obey-the-system and question-nothing. Without being able to question, we will never learn anything, or will we find anything.

We may end up being found by something or someone else.. but at this rate, even if we did, we would probably visited in the same respect to that of a chimpanzee in a zoo.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As regards animals for food, I am a part time farmer who keeps cattle. They are VERY well looked after, treated with respect and have a happy life. It is the way of things that their lives come to an abrupt end, I hate this part of it, but in a way they are lucky.
I nursed my father through cancer until he died, and if he were an animal he would have been put down. On more than one occasion in the latter stages he pleaded with me to shoot him. But our doctors and religious are so caught up on their moral high ground, that some humans have to go through some horrific things before they die. Euthanasia in most countries is not an option. You can pump them with morphine but they suffer in any event in a delirious stupor.
Believe me, the animals have it better.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Timothy leary,how are you my freind?

Timothy Leary is DEAD.....this time for real and not just sung on a song. Split Infinity....ps....E.T. is not in some judgement process here on Earth with all these sightings...some real....some not....and all the professed abductions.....we should be the ones judging....have we gone nutz?

I know E.T. and Abductions to be a reality....just not every report posted on the web every two seconds.....it is rediculous. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Very well said InsideYourMind! While I pretty much agree with all that you said, I do believe circumstances could change, that could cause people to also change their thinking. RE: the paradox of the flat Earth vs the round Earth. Circumstances changed, and the people of Earth changed their thinking.

While I have been interested in things related to space and science fiction most of my life, I only began doing any research type stuff early this year. I can tell you that I already have seen enough "stuff" that I am convinced civilized intelligent alien (to us) life exists, or has existed, on Mars. I am a Christian, and I have no spiritual problem/conflict with there being other life in this universe. So, hopefully, most all, when having seen the "proof positive", will accept alien life for what it is. And yes, so many people are caught up in all kinds of things that have no relationship to the really important things in life.

FYI, as I have said in previous comments to other posts, I am working on the 1st 20 posts needed to post threads. Hopefully, soon, I will be able to start to post some of that evidence.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

They hide the real information, I know them. I can build upon psychological evaluation of the reasons why they say every word, move every muscle, and think every thought. They have let me down in their pathetic job as to avoid the truth of not only aliens coming down to visit earth, but that it has been known and proven.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I reckon your spot on with your anaolgy of ETs viewing us as a adult would look at a kids treatment towards animals. The way we treat lesser life forms like in hatcheries and piggeries is disgusting. I think we would appear like children who are fighting over whose toy is biggest with wars over religions, etc.

I think aliens would have helped us at some stages in our history, possibly even shutting down nukes, but for us to evolve they cant interfere because unless we are left to our own devices we will never learn the error of our ways. Maybe once we have matured enough as a society we will be blessed with mass open contact!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

They hide the real information, I know them. I can build upon psychological evaluation of the reasons why they say every word, move every muscle, and think every thought. They have let me down in their pathetic job as to avoid the truth of not only aliens coming down to visit earth, but that it has been known and proven.

THEY? THEM? Control every word....muscle....movement or thought? WOW! That is quite some concept!

As far as their jobs being pathetic....I would think that to an extent...depending on what ones dept. or directive might be....I could agree with this to an extent. I know a few people who wish they never had gotten the choice to be involved.

But as for this job....if it were YOU who had this sometimes VERY unpleasent task of job description....which by the way is very similar to an 18 year old Highschool Grad....who lacks the money for college and signs up with the U.S. Navy in the hopes that they might be able to learn a valuable skill but instead ends up scrubbing toilets on a Nimitz Class Carrier for their whole tour of duty. Well...at least they get the money for college when they get out.

Not like this if you apply....although this is not the right word....to work for the Agency...not the CIA....which is the Company. Those who....through some connection....and actively seek to work for the Agency...get the CRAP JOBS.

The only way to get a choice job with the Agency is if they ask YOU....and this is usually because it is a FAMILY CONNECTION......and ....like in sports....if the MOTHER OR FATHER....is good at it.....there is a good chance that the ...SON OR DAUGHTER.....is ALSO good at it.

Unlike just about every other profession on the planet....there are no.....second chances or time designated as PRACTICE....like a pre-season Football game. Everything COUNTS....THE FIRST TIME and if you perform badly....you are CUT from the TEAM.

If you perform above expectations and garnish results that are not only unexpected but open doors considered by your superiors to be WELDED SHUT.....the rewards are lavish...as well as ADVANCEMENT in position given and done the RIGHT WAY....the way it should be done for every employee of any Company or Group or Agency....Govermental or Civilian.....that being...PEOPLE WHO ARE GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO....BECOME VERY QUICKLY....THE ONES DETERMINING HOW AND WHAT AND WHY A POLICY OR ACTION WILL BE DONE OR PERFORMED!

If this was the way the majority of the world worked....there would be alot less BULL and alot more RESULTS that make sense and work for the betterment of all. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

A possibility? yes, as everything is subject to time in this place from inception to culmination, one might reach the conclusion that a sentient entity, or collection of, with the ability to manipulate time trumps all which is subject to it. This is not so different to the argument of God/Allah/Etc. As such I cannot offer more than my personal opinion that yes there is that which exists with the ability to manipulate time and its subjects.

reply to post by autowrench

Its a sad mess we find ourselves in.

reply to post by rdunk

I agree there exists an apex of development in which those who have developed to such a level are in a sense automatically removed from the equation. EDIT: This actually could be interpreted as being demonstrated in the evolution from one form to another.

reply to post by InsideYourMind

I think everyone is capable of knowing however, I don't think the scale of time we use to measure elucidation is sufficient to show that.

reply to post by Donegal_TDI

No doubt you care for the animals in as much as one can understand the needs of a beast to which they cannot communicate but beyond that, in what could be termed a spiritual sense, there is no reflection or acknowledgement of the sacrifice of that animal for what is fragmentarily termed sustenance. I ponder how many have pondered a situation as this: Is there a motivator sufficient enough whether physical or emotional that you would sacrifice yourself as sustenance for another? This is strictly hypothetical but for the sake of argument say you and your daughter (Emotional trigger) were isolated somewhere and there was nothing in the surroundings which might provide much needed energy to endure the ideal would you sacrifice an arm, a leg, your entire body?

reply to post by BillyTJames

My sentiments exactly.

Cheers for all the comments.
edit on 24-11-2011 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It was on this day they awoke to see their brothers and sisters fed to the machine of man. Those beasts who had been enslaved had a glint in their eye which had never been before, they looked upon the world delivering their protein packed growth ensuring lunches to the earth.

Though the language was not as ours it was understood by all, the screeching piercing sound of a billion souls being ground into the products of tomorrow. In the hunt there is honour, in the hunt there is communion. Here in the cold mechanical whirring of the machines of man there is no respect, here there is no love, here there is no honour, here there is no communion.

Now the brothers & sisters of man became aware of their folly, the greatest shame of history, realising they must leave to help our brothers & sisters of the world from a distance, to eradicate the pains of generations is not possible, restoration of life is, they thus set forth to commune with that which delivered unto them the flesh in which their souls, while once at harmony, now languish.

His back had been turned for far too long. He had been hurt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone who believes in evolution must believe that the other species are evolving, and thus the question:

Why are those who are so quick to latch onto anything of apparent power not willing to give further thought to the subject?

Everyone who believes in spirit must be aware of the vibrancy of life. Surely you must understand .

Think what you will.

It matters not my matter will rot and return
Whether you believe it's god or the earth

top topics

join