It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Recognized for Use of Alternative Fuel Vehicles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Gas prices may be at record levels this year, but NASA, the agency renowned for "soaring to new heights," has remained largely unaffected.

NASA is leading the way among federal agencies to switch to alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs). Many people are familiar with "hybrid" electric cars, but fewer are aware of vehicles that run on alternative fuels like natural gas, ethanol and biodiesel.

"Alternative fuels reduce vehicle emissions and aid in reducing reliance on foreign petroleum," said William Gookin, NASA's Manager of Transportation Programs.

More

NASA's Glenn Research Center, Kennedy Space Center, Langley Research Center and Stennis Space Center all have pumps supplying their fleets with E85 -- a cleaner burning motor fuel blend of 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline. Goddard Space Flight Center and Johnson Space Center will follow suit this year.How have employees reacted to E85 and biodiesel?

"Nobody can tell the difference," McCoy said.

-----------
Now if we could all take such a wonderful lead...
Just to show pictures of our current atmosphere..

Here's a link if your interested to do some homework:
visibleearth.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I personally say "Pick one and go with it".

I like hydrogen fuel cells, it's not just lower emissions, its ZERO emmisions.
with a bi-product of water, thats something especially California, has gotta love, considering it has tons of cars and its smoggy and has ofter droughts.

I for one dont want to go to a gas station a see pumps for 5 or 6 different fuels.

DAMN YOU NASA! PICK ONE!

new topics

join