It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery after man 'bursts into flames' outside Swedish station

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Wow, interesting.

I have not heard of a case of spontaneous combustion for ages!! Nice find.

I still believe the mitochondria explanation is a good theory concerning this topic.

vvv

Ireland, September this year, "First Irish case of death by spontaneous combustion, an Irish coroner has ruled." www.bbc.co.uk... or www.northwalesonline.net...

Scary stuff. I seem to remember someone experimented with a pig, no idea what the outcome was though.
For it to happen, out in the open, on a street, there must be witnesses, so maybe we will get some answers if it is proven to be SC.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I remember reading somewhere years ago (no I can't remember where I read it!) that human fatty tissue burns at incredibly high temperatures. So I imagine this person's burns will be extensive and horribly painful. Perhaps an ATS'er has experience working at a crematorium or burns ward and can cast some factual light on the temperatures involved?

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Aside from the fact that there are only theories as to what causes S.C is the fact there are seldom witnesses.Ive heard of one woman who put her husband out(saving his life).That this rare phenomena was seen by others is interesting to me.It may lead to a cause and better understanding for what science,to date cannot.

<< 1   >>

join