It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Read Article About What is Really Going on in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of members express their confidence that the U.S. and it's allies have no hand in the recent uprisings in Syria. I came across this article today and felt I should share it with everyone. In my opinion it does a great job of connecting the dots of what is really going on. The article backs up it's claims with a large amount of legitimate sources. Normally I would post all the links in the thread but there are just way too many to post.

The article covers a lot of ground. It even goes as far back as 2005 to discuss Wikileaks cables that claim the U.S. was funding the Syrian opposition.

If this article is true which I believe it is, we have a much more complicated, bloody civil war than Libya on our hands with much larger consequences for the region.

The "Free Syria Army": Placard-Waving Protesters are actually Machine Gun-Wielding Terrorists

The "Free Syria Army" is literally an army of militant extremists, many drawn not from Syria's military ranks, but from the Muslim Brotherhood, carrying heavy weapons back and forth over the Turkish and Lebanese borders, funded, supported, and armed by the United States, Israel, and Turkey. The latest evidence confirming this comes in the form of a report out of the International Institute for Strategic Studies where Senior Fellow for Regional Security at IISS-Middle East Emile Hokayem openly admits Syria's opposition is armed and prepared to drag Syria's violence into even bloodier depths.

If interested please read the article provided.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Webster Tarpley is in Syria and his latest podcast is available at World Crisis Radio
tarpley.net... peace edit to add ..that article is pretty much confirmed by Tarpley
edit on 20-11-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This makes perfect sense. Thanks for posting the article.

The terrorists sure have been busy doing all of the elite's dirty work

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

I'm glad you liked it. I thought it was an interesting read too.

I find that it sheds light on the events going on behind the scenes that the media will not tell you.

There is no doubt that the Syrians would like regime change, but this is the typical type of rebel uprising that TPTB use to install puppet regimes for various reasons.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is 100% factual information. I have direct family living in Syria and what they tell me is very much inline with what the article says.

Rupert Murdoch and his Zionist infected maggots continually telling lies via their mainstream machine. Masters of deception and nothing less.
edit on 20-11-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

There is no doubt that the Syrians would like regime change, but this is the typical type of rebel uprising that TPTB use to install puppet regimes for various reasons.

No...the people of Syria DO NOT want regime change. President Bashar Assad has done a lot of reforms in that country and most of the population are very happy. What the Zionist media refuses to show you is the MASSIVE demonstrations in SUPPORT of President Assad.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

This is the first I have heard about Syrians being happy under Assad. I'm not doubting you it's just I'm used to getting bombarded with anti Assad propaganda that I guess it has worn off on me. I have never heard anything good about Assad, ever.

I try to sometimes hint that maybe he isn't as bad as he is made out to be but I'm quickly attacked by various people who echo the filth they hear on CNN and FOX. It's refreshing to hear a different point of view such as someone as yourself who knows first hand.

So judging by what you say the people of Syria are being forced into a civil war, most likely by Western intervention. Is that correct?
edit on 20-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

So judging by what you say the people of Syria are being forced into a civil war, most likely by Western intervention. Is that correct?

Without a doubt...the weapons caches are continually being found and uncovered all marked by western governments. Assad is also arresting thousands of these muslim brotherhood thugs that dont even look Syrian. These thugs are the ones targeting the Syrian Army and causing the chaos in the streets.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your view. I'm very interested in hearing more. I also have this thread going:

Canada ready to assist in Syria, MacKay says

There are a couple people on that thread who would also like to hear more of your view point if you're willing to share. As I told you I also told them that I have never heard anything positive about Assad, most likely due to the media I have access to.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Maher Arar on Syrian Conflict on the Real news ...he is the guy that was tortured and got a settlement from the Canadian government .... therealnews.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Maher is lucky to be alive and I'm glad he was compensated financially for his suffering even though money cannot fix what he was put through.

It took years for Canada to admit that it was partially to blame for the torture that he endured. At the end of the day bureaucracy and laziness on our behalf is what got him put in that Syrian dungeon.

It's interesting to hear his opinion on things and explain how close Syria and the U.S. are linked.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Thanks for the links. So if this is all true, then the Western media is in full gear when it comes to slandering Syria.

Many people are not aware on how closely American and Syrian officials work together in the "war on terror".

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is unbelievable if it is true. How can one country through their media rubbish a political leader while they are supplying the opposition with weapons and causing most of the trouble themselves? The same as Libya, which Syria will most likely end with the same result.

I don't know what to think. If even one of those uprisings were influenced by western support, whats to say the same thing has not been happening all over Northern Africa and the Middle East. To think that people like you and me would rather see bloodshed is disgusting, especially in the name of securing resources or any other agenda that they are following.

Take the race element out of it, It does not matter what country we come from or what colour we are, the point is innocent people are being put through these trials for no apparent reason apart from greed. Obviously Syria does have problems, like Iran, Libya, Iraq and many other countries but what we are doing to those people (and I say we because we allow those pricks to continue killing) is wrong, a crime against humanity and the quicker that this information gets to the surface and people begin to realise what is going on, the better this place will be for everyone.

I am sick of these acts taking place right under our noses. People dying for corporate reasons in the middle east, when are people going to wake up? I know most will not agree, but the people in the middle east are our brothers whether you like it or not and we need to show our support so that our brothers children stop being killed in the name of greed. The Government and the other people ushering those events along need to be overthrown. It's only a matter of time before people realise what they are doing to this world. I can't wait for the day if it happens in my lifetime.

Again we apparently have a person who has family in the region and can confirm that the USA is aiding the opposition. Thats enough to say that what is happening over there, is not happening because people are sick of Assad. It is a terrorist attack against a sovereign nation (again) and if they can't be stopped in the near future, this will spiral out of control on a global scale.

Hope I made sense, I just woke up and not having a good morning
take care...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Hope I made sense, I just woke up and not having a good morning take care...

It make perfect sense

I agree with everything you said, especially how you pointed out the suffering the people of the countries we "liberate" go through.

I imagine Assad is full of info that could be harmful to TPTB. I have heard several opinion peaces from mainstream sources that are subtly conditioning us to expect him to meet the same fate as Gadaffi including the same treatment.

If one tenth of the information in this article is true which once again I believe it is, then in my opinion it's safe to assume that Assad is a dead man walking.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well lets look at the area:

Afghanistan
Iraq
Egypt
Libya

....and now...

Syria

All of them are like dominoes falling with the last country in the area being Iran.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Syria certainly appears to be next, and it angers me to know that Canadian bombs may be dropping on the Syrian people just like in Libya.

Canada ready to assist in Syria, MacKay says

Not only will we indirectly help them overthrow their government, but we will bomb their infrastructure and charge them to rebuild. I bet the contracts are already lined up.

All aboard for war machine!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No worries, when I write a long post I just feel Im writing crap most of the time
, but thanks for the thumbs up, but it is getting to the point now where it seems that the information being provided is a lot more credible than just a conspiracy, especially when we are discussing the revolutions in the Middle East.

It is like they want you too know what they are doing as well as challenging you to try and do something about it. It makes me laugh and to think that the masses in our countries buy it like a loaf of bread on special, is very disappointing. Even when you try to explain the things you are learning to people they simply do not care. I bet they would care if the same events happening in the middle east did end up or their homeland. Just keep drinking beer and dancing at the nightclubs, your day will come people when you least expect it.....

btw star n flag
, great topic to start the day off, thanks.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Rupert Murdoch and his Zionist infected maggots continually telling lies via their mainstream machine. Masters of deception and nothing less.
edit on 20-11-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

Not to mention all the other news organizations. Don't single out fox news, they're no worse than the rest

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

No...the people of Syria DO NOT want regime change. President Bashar Assad has done a lot of reforms in that country and most of the population are very happy. What the Zionist media refuses to show you is the MASSIVE demonstrations in SUPPORT of President Assad.

What about all the news releases describing the Syrian secret police's use of torture and rape against demonstrators/accused demonstrators/family of demonstrators? Or people dying of wounds because if they go to hospitals then the Syrian government will arrest them and their families?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join