It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: New UN call over human rights abuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Ground hog day comes to mind.

We are been feed little bits of so called info by the MSM as they did with Libya.

Germany, France and the UK have tabled a UN resolution calling for an end to human rights violations in Syria. The resolution, which also calls for the implementation of an Arab League plan to end the violence, was also backed by four Arab countries. With the UN Security Council divided on Syria, the resolution has been tabled in a committee of the General Assembly. Earlier, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said the Syrian violence was becoming "similar to civil war". He was speaking a day after renegade soldiers were reported to have attacked a key government army base outside Damascus. The BBC's Barbara Plett, at the UN in New York, says that with Russia and China having vetoed a Security Council resolution condemning government violence in Syria, European nations are looking for a new route to condemn the Syrian government.

I guess this take over will happen over the Xmas period as we will be too occupied to notice.

Rebel attack Unconfirmed reports said six government soldiers died when renegade soldiers known as the Free Syrian Army (FSA) attacked the Air Force Intelligence building in Harasta early on Wednesday. Mr Lavrov said such attacks were "completely similar to real civil war".

www.bbc.co.uk...

What is your prediction regarding if and when the west will take down the Syrian Goverment.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I guess one strategy to take a nation out of the great game would be to create a internal strife or civil war since it would be focused on resolving that issue rather than say supporting allies.. In this case isolating Syrian from Iran/Lebanon.

If the move was to Isolate Syria from Iran/Lebanon then an attack/invasion would not be needed, simply keeping the nation in a state of disarray would be enough, while the main focus is on the primary target, which I guess people assume is Iran.

At least that is my take on this.

I would also say that Syria is being closely watched by Five Eyes from the UKs spy base (Ayios Nikolaos Station) on Cyrpus whos listening facilities are said to be sensitive enough to "hear" each plane land in Bejing, so I guess given how close they are that they'll know when Assad uses the toilet.

But then again I could be thinking with my bottom and be reading the whole thing wrongly.
edit on 18/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I do not think they ever were erally concerned at what any of us think about anything.

On one hand in the UK, we have Theressa May trying to remove human rights for terrorists(lol) and on the other hand we are fighting for human right abuses, what utter utter tosh all governments speak.

Seriously, how many times are we to swallow this crap?.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by brommas
I do not think they ever were erally concerned at what any of us think about anything.

On one hand in the UK, we have Theressa May trying to remove human rights for terrorists(lol) and on the other hand we are fighting for human right abuses, what utter utter tosh all governments speak.

The masses in the west do not give a **** what happens in Syria xmas is coming we have more important things to do like Shopping.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

I do wonder often if there has ever been a point in history when those that lead have not spewed crap, or those that have been led have not swallowed it in one form or other.

I always see the word utopia and think of the guy who coined it burning to death those who didn't agree with his view on religion, which really sums up humanity for me, even the idealist utopians feel the need to eradicate any view bar the one they want people to think.

new topics

top topics

join