It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul finishes 2nd in ANOTHER Iowa poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Keep in mind this poll was started before Cain's meltdown. The great thing is, once somebody becomes a Ron Paul supporter, they rarely switch to another candidate...

Texas Congressman Ron Paul, a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, garnered 20.4 percent of the votes to secure 2nd place in a ISU/Gazette/KCRG poll of 1,256 registered Iowa Republican and independent voters. This is the 2nd time in 4 days that Paul has earned a 2nd place finish in an Iowa poll.

Read more: www.thestatecolumn.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie Secretariat. A strong come from behind winner

We may yet see, the equivalent of a Triple Crown win in our next Presidential election.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I spread the word as much as possible with Ron Paul.....Everyone needs to do the same!! We NEED this guy as our president. The only hope lies in each one of us supporters to bring the news to people about him since MSM won't!!!

SPREAD THE WORD OF RON PAUL!! LET'S GET HIM IN OFFICE...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I live in Iowa and there is a certain pride here about being one of the first benchmarks in an election year. The people here are very aware of Ron Paul and his success here isnt shocking at all to me. Come caucus time I think the Ron Paul supporters here on ATS and in the rest of the country will be plesantly surprised by how well he actually does. It could create a ripple effect throughout the country and that is the very thing Iowans like to do with their placement in election process.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
:+yawning-

nevermind
edit on 17-11-2011 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Of course, not much to say now that he's polling high in the "scientific" polls you and the other pro-establishment trolls like to use as the reason he is unelectable. I'm LOVING it, I hesitate to use a Sheen quote, but on this occasion it is warranted....WINNING!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
OMG, check this out...freaking awesome!

Seems like CBS is having a change of heart since Saturday’s debate.

Three days ago CBS hosted an hour-long foreign policy debate during which Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul had a mere 90 seconds of air time. Less than a week later, the network is muscling competitors out of the way just to get a camera shot of the Texas congressman.
news.yahoo.com...=xoMm4wMzrkb93kkuQZFfjBAA4Kb-dmxB

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Of course, not much to say now that he's polling high in the "scientific" polls you and the other pro-establishment trolls like to use as the reason he is unelectable. I'm LOVING it, I hesitate to use a Sheen quote, but on this occasion it is warranted....WINNING!

The trolls are running scared, just like the Republican establishment. When they can't win by shouting they run and hide. They are being forced (kicking and screaming) to realize that people are fed up with the status quo and are fighting for a change.

People are starting to listen to the candidate with substantive things to say instead of sound bites.

As I said on another thread, I think that we finally have a Statesman running for office instead of a politician.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't think this 76 year old man can handle the pressure.

He'll fade away just like he did in 2008.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

That's all you got now?? I REALLY love it.

FYI, he is in excellent health, is dedicated to exercise and nutrition, and both his parents lived well into their 90's. He is probably in better shape than you.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Nelson Mandela

Go away troll.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A new Time article out...

Herman Cain’s swoon is becoming too painful even to rubberneck. The Gingrich pile-on is now in full swing. Mitt Romney remains the front-runner, in name if not in numbers. And the final candidate of the quartet locked in a tie atop the latest Iowa poll is lurking in plain sight, steadily gaining ground as his rivals burn up in the heat of the national spotlight.

Unlike Cain or Rick Perry, Ron Paul is a known quantity in Washington: a rumpled, professorial figure whose consistent lectures on the merits of libertarian politics and Austrian economics have found increasing favor in a fearful time. His followers are the most committed of any candidate’s, but the 76-year-old congressman’s esoteric lectures, vendetta against the Fed and anti-empire diatribes weren’t winning over new ones. For the second presidential cycle in a row, polls suggested his ceiling was about 12%.

That appears to be changing. In Bloomberg’s Iowa poll, Paul sits at 19%, a point behind Cain and slightly ahead of Gingrich and Romney. And another Bloomberg survey released Wednesday shows Paul pulling in 17% in New Hampshire as well, far behind Romney but comfortably in second place. In a Public Policy Polling survey this week, the Texas Congressman leads President Obama 48% to 39% among independent voters — the only Republican hopeful to earn that distinction.

Read more: swampland.time.com...

Bold mine. He's dusting Obama with Independents...

top topics

join