It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese TV Host Says Regime Nearly Bankrupt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but may be worth reading!

Chinese TV Host Says Regime Nearly Bankrupt

www.theepochtimes.com...

China’s economy has a reputation for being strong and prosperous, but according to a well-known Chinese television personality the country’s Gross Domestic Product is going in reverse.

Larry Lang, chair professor of Finance at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, said in a lecture that he didn’t think was being recorded that the Chinese regime is in a serious economic crisis—on the brink of bankruptcy.
In his memorable formulation: every province in China is Greece.

I don't know the host.. If anyone does, is he trustworthy or a nut? If what he says is true, it'll make Greece look trivial.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Then China will become a democracy and unabashed capitalism will follow. Ooh, I'd like to see that. That's not gonna happen before WW3, though.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Then China will become a democracy and unabashed capitalism will follow. Ooh, I'd like to see that. That's not gonna happen before WW3, though.

Meh i doubt it, democracy is nothing more then have you seen Italy or greece recently? The bankers want rule, they are kicking out the elected politicians.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If this is true then so much for China picking up anymore American debt. Who knows what any country's real economic status is anymore. The bankers run free and wild with the numbers...2+2=5 type of deal unfortunately

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by easy530
If this is true then so much for China picking up anymore American debt. Who knows what any country's real economic status is anymore. The bankers run free and wild with the numbers...2+2=5 type of deal unfortunately

i think a more accurate depiction is 1+1=10....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
he's just another clueless gwailoh when it comes to what things in asia are like..

china is still very financially stable yet would take a hell of alot to bankrupt them which wont be happening anytime soon.

always find it amusing when westerners think they understand asia.. sadly there are only a small handful who do understand and their voices are often drowned out by those with agenda's who spout rubbish to stir up trouble..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
At the moment I would venture to guess that most nations are bankrupt, or at least what they hold is mostly worthless.. the EU is the largest trading partner of China, Russia, the US etc... and if your customer doesn't have the cash to buy whatever you make then it's hard times all round.. at least that is what my logic says...

It might have been different if we hadn't turned into a world of consumers. So it's been my opinion for a long while that before any next crash we'll either end up with massive internal strife across the globe or another major conflict, perhaps even another great war.. It is pretty sad that those at the top of the pile can't come up with better ways to get out of this mess.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me considering that most of the stuff sold here is made in China and we're all going broke so we're not buying as much from them anymore. Causality.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Wonder what will happen to the tv host?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

What about inflation? Or is that another westerner idea not concerning the Chinese?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It would be not China when they stay financial stable,
China is working like a big Ponzi-Sheme!
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
he's just another clueless gwailoh when it comes to what things in asia are like..

china is still very financially stable yet would take a hell of alot to bankrupt them which wont be happening anytime soon.

always find it amusing when westerners think they understand asia.. sadly there are only a small handful who do understand and their voices are often drowned out by those with agenda's who spout rubbish to stir up trouble..

Actually, China is in a very, very bad situation. They toasted their farmland in favor of Industrial Development, the only substantial natural resource they have are Rare Earth Elements. Useful for electronics and batteries.

But when it comes to energy, food production and even resources to feed their "mighty" Industry, they rely on imports. Heck things are so bad the Chinese Government tried to pass off plastic pellets as rice.

I wouldn't count on WW3. TPTB might try to start it, but the West would never be able to field large enough Armies to invade China or any other Major Nation/Alliance of Nations. Any "war", would mostly be a war with the West using air/sea power and perhaps non Western nations supplying ground forces. Look up the MTGOW movement and you will understand why a WW3 just isn't possible anymore(unless it goes Nuclear right away).

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Meh i doubt it, democracy is nothing more then have you seen Italy or greece recently? The bankers want rule, they are kicking out the elected politicians.

Democracy only fails if the citizenry is stupid.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
They're not in it to win it. Like how Hitler set up Germany to be defeated on purpose. They want war's fruits. You know, fantastic technology and medical research unhindered by bureaucracy of peacetime?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yep, I wouldn't expect anything different from China compared to anywhere else. They still use a debt based monetary system just like the rest of the world. The debt based monetary system requires exponential growth to sustain it and that's just not possible to realistically accomplish.

China is going down the tubes just like everyone else as one would expect when they understand the current monetary system. We live in very interesting times seeing as the whole world is collapsing economically under the weight of the debt based monetary system. It will be interesting to see what system will replace it in the end. Inflation based on trade and deflation based on time in relation to inflation, that's what I say. Inflation needs to be naturally created by trade not any form of central authority, that's just too inefficient.

And yeah, fat chance of WW3 because various people with big interests don't want to see a nuclear holocaust occur. So yeah, we will be keeping the 7+ billion population ( 9+ billion unofficially). Sorry NWO, no depopulation for you.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

Why no chance of another Great War? the thinking in the interbellum between the last Great Wars was along the lines "the bomber will always get through" that set the scene for the thinking that Strategic Bombing would ensure the next Great War (WW2) would not only be fought in the air but would make wars quick and decisive, perhaps in the same way we see nuclear/missile tech today making wars quick and decisive even if it is a MAD solution.

The bombing of Guernica (Spanish Civil War) was used as an example of how strategic bombing would alter the face of war, I guess I feel people have similar thoughts today when we see the Shock and Awe employed in Iraq and the Missile attacks in Libya.

I personally look back to the pre WW2 and think how right but how wrong they where to assume any kind of Great War would be quick or decisive, and would not like to predict how any next war would go or who would be involved on which side since we are all broke

You only have to look at the earthquake bombs developed by Barns Wallis in WW2 (Tall Boy and Grand Slam) to take out hardened bunkers that after a break of some 60ish years*** are again being built almost lends itself to the feeling that they are preparing a non nuclear confrontation in the same way chemical warfare although around in WW2 was never used.

***The last Earthquake bomb made in the US was the 44,000lbs T-12 Cloudmaker (made from 1944 until 1948)

Although I have always seen any depopulation suiting the common person rather than those in charge, since all through history the eras when they has been great depopulation it has generally benefited the poor the most.. I think the expression from the Black Death runs along the lines of "as the poor got fewer the rest got richer" which saw for a short while the wealth and power fall into the hands of the common man (not for long mind)

I have always felt the NWO want a greater population since then that leaves us fighting each other for their scraps.. but that is my opinion and I think I have gone off topic far enough.. China is as you say equally at risk to this crappy system that needs replacing.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97

Touche

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pointr97

That is a better description of our fractional banking system!

new topics

top topics

join