It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost JFK assassination tape found and for sale!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If this indeed authentic, then this could be very big news. I wonder if there is any way to verify the authenticity of the tapes. Also, I imagine it would be very interesting to hear whats on the tapes, and what was said (If they had not been tampered with and edited). Also, I just wonder if the the feds will just swoop in and take it, instead allowing it to be sold? Only time will tell I suppose.

A long-lost version of the Air Force One recordings made in the immediate aftermath of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, with more than 30 minutes of additional material not in the official version in the government's archives, has been found and is for sale.

There are incidents and code names described on the newly discovered two-plus hour recording, which predates the shorter and newer recording currently housed in the National Archives outside Washington and the Lyndon B. Johnson Library in Texas. The shorter recording was thought to be the only surviving version of the tape. The asking price is $500,000 for the reel-to-reel tape, which is inside its original box with a typewritten label showing it was made by the White House Communications Agency for Army Gen. Chester "Ted" Clifton Jr.

Clifton, who died in 1991, had kept a collection of audio tapes, documents, photographs and video stemming from his years in the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. The Raab Collection, which is selling the tape and the rest of the archive, acquired the items at a public sale from Clifton's heirs after the death of Clifton's wife in 2009.

Source by the AP - news.yahoo.com...
edit on 15-11-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
ha, then lets just wait how long it takes for some legal action to see who the real owner of that tape is.

i can recall an issue with a camera from a moon mission which an ex-astronaut was trying to sale.
the whole affair went to court and it was found to belong to the NASA.

same thing with the tape i guess.

nice try to make money from it, but it'll not work this way, i guess.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

Lost JFK assassination found and on sale!

You may want to add either the word 'tape', or the word 'recording' into your title.
As it is now, it doesn't make much sense.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

You got me all excited there for a minute, thought the Babushka Lady had finally come forward with the film. I don't think anything other than that is going to change anything about the JFK assassination, especially something as removed from it as LBJ on Air Force One.
edit on 15-11-2011 by ShadeWolf because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
youtube.com/watch?v=aaDK_KjrqlQreply to post by Veritas1

Just thought I would throw my two cents in.
I was watching a documentary movie on net flicks call Secrecy.

It appears the guy who had his hand in his pocket was up to something
edit on 15-11-2011 by brick38 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join