It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Over for OWS? Well it's starting to be.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
desertpeace.wordpress.com...

In this link you will find the occupiers of Wall Street and with it them receiving free flu shots. Now me personally I'm okay with OWS and what they're trying to accomplish, however, I have a problem with the flu shots being distributed at OWS and here's why:

1) They do not work. People think that if your sick or when there is a widespread sickness occurring doctors will try to persuade you into taking a vaccine. For example, when the H1N1 virus, or the swine flu as they called it back then, was hot people were paranoid. Including me. I went to a place where they sold free vaccines for preventing the virus even though I was fine. To this day I wondered WTH was in that vaccine......You can Google Flu Shot Scam to get more details.

2) We don't know what is in the so-called vaccines. I hoped that SOME of them knew about vaccines enough to avoid them.

3) Are those even real doctors? Anybody can pretend to be a doctor IMO.

4) By accepting the flu shots, IMO, not only possibly sets you up for sickness but also you are supporting Big Pharma in taking it.

Anyways, these are my opinions on this matter. Any thoughts guys.

BTW, I didn't see this on the search engine so if this has already been posted let me know.

edit on 15-11-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I disagree, it is not game over. OWS has shown us a way to make change and get noticed. What they need is a better strategy and to focus on the correct target.

Check this out... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I heard this today, cant remember where, but it sums it up the best: it started off as a protest movement and turned into a summer camp for homeless anarchists.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KySc5
1) They do not work.

Actually they work great. Maybe not for everyone, but certainly for many including me. I used to get the flu every single year like clockwork. I started getting the flu shots yearly around 15 years ago and haven't gotten the flu since. One little shot is well worth not having 2 weeks of miserable down time every year.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Two weeks of misery, yeah right. The OP is correct you have no idea what is in those shots or what may be put in later.

We all get colds, we are human beings its part of the fun. They care little for the health of the protesters and I see another motive in the free jabs and it aint love.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
How many times has sitting on your ass throwing out peace signs actually accomplished something constructive when it comes to changing the corrupt system? Literally SITTING on the ground, beating drums, and having a non stop block party.

Asking, begging, demanding, carrying signs, chanting, dancing.... what has that ever done? I refuse to join the corals of half awake protesters when they are doing it all wrong. Identify the people in power who are responsible for specific corruption and lawless actions, gather the evidence and proof of crimes against humanity perpetrated, the list of names of the perpetrators, and get a group together to literally "hands on" arrest these people and have a peoples' common law trial for them.

They won't surrender willingly folks, they own the police and aren't afraid of arrest by their own police forces, it's just not going to happen. They will remain in power while you freeze outside asking them to change the system. Because OWS wants others to begin the process of change for them, it will never happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KySc5
1) They do not work. People think that if your sick or when there is a widespread sickness occurring doctors will try to persuade you into taking a vaccine. For example, when the H1N1 virus, or the swine flu as they called it back then, was hot people were paranoid. Including me. I went to a place where they sold free vaccines for preventing the virus even though I was fine. To this day I wondered WTH was in that vaccine......You can Google Flu Shot Scam to get more details.

Yes, they do work. And here is the FDA page on 2009 H1N1 monovalent vaccines. Find the vaccine you took and read the package insert. Section 11 is what you want. Now you will know WTH was in that vaccine, and you can put to rest years of worry.

2) We don't know what is in the so-called vaccines. I hoped that SOME of them knew about vaccines enough to avoid them.

If they're real vaccines, we do know what is in them, for certain definitions of we.

3) Are those even real doctors? Anybody can pretend to be a doctor IMO.

I don't know if I've ever gotten a shot from a doctor as an adult, that's usually someone else's job. But I see your point, I would not allow someone wandering around an Occupy encampment to shoot me up with anything. I wouldn't take food or drink from anyone in an Occupy encampment, either.

4) By accepting the flu shots, IMO, not only possibly sets you up for sickness but also you are supporting Big Pharma in taking it.

I'm sure the Occupy movement would prefer some kind of worker-owned consensus-governed pharmaceutical co-op that made flu vaccines out of fair trade organic zero carbon emission vegan consumer-grade recyclables, but until such an entity is up and running, Big Pharma is the only game in town.
edit on 15-11-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: link fix

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have only taken a flu shot once in my life, a few years ago. I got so sick, I wanted to die. I tried to figure out what the point of taking the shot was, if I was only going to get sick anyway.

I don't like how they push flu shots around here. The local Wal-Mart has a kiosk set up for handing out flu shots. At Wal-Mart. Doesn't that seem odd?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This is the first mainstream spawning of action in the internet age...and the education/communication will continue.

Remember...toppling decades of propaganda and ingrained reliance on an old paradigm does not happen over night...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
I heard this today, cant remember where, but it sums it up the best: it started off as a protest movement and turned into a summer camp for homeless anarchists.

Because people of all backgrounds are not protesting or supporting the movement either, are they.
There are no lawyers, housewifes, mothers, grandmothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, bakers, taxi drivers, veterans and so on.
The list could go for ever.

Don't kid yourself kid.

top topics

join