It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins, and other animal signals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wanted to post an update on this subject, it may not appear to have anything at first to understanding animal speak, but I'll explain. Most of the time I use a verbal language encoder-translator (way beyond "Dragon Naturally Speak) to translate what I say to the computer I use to both post (I rarely post anything on an open channel or on ANY web site). It's quite painful for me with ALS and peripheral neuropathy to type. I still can "hunt and peck" but it takes time. With the AVP (Adaptive Verbal Program-protocol) I came up with and still experimental, it allows me to tell a computer I use for correspondence, like business letters, reports, etc; to use it to dictate a letter, and "put it in effect more or less my own words". I can say for example "shoot a letter to so-and-so about whatever with the following key point's, cover this and that etc, etc." And it does. Better then a secretary.

Whats cool is by use of certain security protocols it can send anything from a letter talking about "X" to a shipping order If I want to send something in code without any encryption, the "key" allows those who I send said stuff to, get an email/letter that is (I send the most sensitive stuff by hard copy, unless I have to) capable of interpretive dynamics and among other things in areas that require certain security is designed to create "coded-fiction" that allows open channel communications that is phrased and structured in a way that an analyst would swear was written by me. Know "me", and you can decode what I say. [I send the key, an interprative-dynamic to those who "need to know" what the hell I'm talking about, so they don't think "why did this idiot send me a shipping order?" Even a purchase order can be much more, IF you have the key, in effect know both how to translate "it", keep in mind this employs NO conventional encryption, stenography, anything. Same liguistic-informatic-pattern including cadence, phrase's, even my own way to assemble/associate words. Because I still stutter, it has to be extra-careful. Variable alternative multi-model ways of "conversion of information" also, though I can't go into. Why babble about this? Aside from being an egotist who likes to brag (I'm being honest, sorry) I "learned" how to design this program-protocol by observation of Crows, Ravens and even Pigeons. Talk about "masters of deception".

We now know Ravens, Crows (and we think even Pigeons in some ways) have the ability to use disinformation, and very advanced strategy to create a diversion, and use guile to for example find food hidden by not just Crows but Squirrels, and even a Dog. I saw this with my own eyes, and took notes as to what happened. A neighbors Dog buried "something", not sure what at first, in the yard next to me. You think the birds sitting in a row on the power lines are just "hanging out"? Noooo, they are watching it would seem quite a lot. After the Dog went inside shortly after, the birds WAITED A FEW MOMENTS, then carefully "buzzed" the area above, and cautiously went to where whatever was buried. (The neighbors know I'm odd so when I asked what the dog was given by the owner Yah, I get strange looks but who cares, it was suet. Sinuous fat/muscle animal by products. This was after a Christmas dinner) The Crows, several went after it, were able to get some, not all, but some of it. Way to go... Crows and similar birds use active deception in hiding food, or for that matter stealing it. (Hey, why hunt when you can loot...Much less energy intensive, or risky. Sometimes prey fights back. Just don't get caught.) I observed they are very careful when stealing from animals that could be dangerous like Dogs, even Squirrels. Crows are fast, but it's still a risk. They also plant false leads and will "appear" to hide stuff, even plant a little taste in case observed by others of their kind, then while the dupe goes after that, quickly hide the main stash elsewhere.

"Bird brained"? I should be as clever. I've recorded many bird calls and am amazed at the information that can be associated with some. It seems also memory is remarkable in many animals and probably was for humans before the written word. How birds evaluate an area to hide their "stash" I was able to figure out only by covertly sending a small drone, the kind of helicopter you can by at Brookstone for example, but mine is outfitted with noise suppressors and "quiet" radar/ladar and IR/+low light enhancers, and regular cameras. A few other things like very sensitive geo-magnetic mappers, GPS, and a few other toys I won't talk about. Good enough to come w/in feet of a nest, drop a probe that monitors who's there when and leave. No one seems to notice at all. I wouldn't use it if it seemed to annoy them of course, or even have them notice as that might affect how they behave. I had it quietly follow different birds over a couple weeks. Crows, Ravens, an Owl, even an Eagle once. Got some really neat information. Continued next post.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

What I found regarding bird navigation has already been assumed and it would seem confirmed by others. It's been published in the scientific literature, and long assumed. For one thing birds are unimaginably sensitive to the Earths geomagnetic field, but what has not been reported (that I have read about at least) is artificial electro-magnetic properties associated with everything from buildings, high tension power towers (oddly to me NOT as much the actual power lines, but the towers??), and microwave relay towers (there is one very large one in a suburb not far from me in suburban Minneapolis, in Plymouth, Minnesota). You don't see them to much and won't know what they are unless you know what a MRT looks like. A bit like a modern art sculpture about 100+feet tall. NOT a cell phone thing, they can stick those antennas on almost anything, (and seem to) as the frequency is much higher. Birds are also IMO very sensitive to "what ever" happens before a thunderstorm/severe weather for example.

I know the pressure will drop, or at least change before a storm. The more violent the greater the change. Also the more violent the more abrupt the pressure curve. I've seen flocks of birds change direction in mid-flight just before all hell broke lose as in a tornado approaching the area I was. Being in the midwest I had the displeasure to be right in the path of a tornado twice in my life, and saw a flock of birds scatter though "chaotic" most stayed in formation just before it hit. That I saw once and the second time saw a bunch of ducks make an emergency landing on the lack I used to live on. Never saw a funnel, raining to hard and w/stuff in the air being a wuss hit the basement. I have never heard it reported ducks would do that, but in retrospect it makes sense. They can "dive" underwater after all..

To tie all this in with animal communications&adaptation, other then being a peeping tom, as far as the birds that is, I wanted to gather as much data as possible on as many animals as I could, without getting my face slapped or arrested. As far as bird calls, I noticed that in particular Ravens&Crows who I have no choice but notice because they make more noise then my in laws, and are a hell of a lot brighter. (Don't tell) I've recorded sounds from them for over 5 years and noticed very distinct structure that is specific to not only different situation's but variability based on time of day (even "threat" calls vary somewhat, even by season!) It has been assumed for ages by the scientific community until quite recently that animals do not comprehend or even perceive the concept of time. It's been assumed all animals perceive time as "NOW". Granted there are animals that hibernate and "know" they have to store food and pig out ahead of time, but thats been largely attributed to biological programing thats genetically hard wired. In the case of Bears for example, that makes sense, and I've read nothing indicating otherwise. Sorry Yogi, but your ilk don't strike me as the smartest critters out there.

Yet animals that we think can often don't hibernate. Or they crash for a few days and then run around, Squirrels for example have some biochemistry in common with Bears. It's likely that their metabolism is so much higher, being smaller for one thing they CANT sleep off winter. Don't know. Also the idea animals are not true identity individuals as many people think for me, won't wash. Anyone who's had a dog or cat, if they grew up with them, knows they are each unique. That other animals also are "individuals" I can attest to having had two ducks as a child. I think that has something to do with the individuality of some bird calls. But for the most part I noticed it's the situation, that determines how Crows/Ravens behave. Also noticed that they are more chatty in a larger group then a smaller one, or alone. They will still call out but usually limit it to warning calls and sometime even when a predator shows up if alone, keep their beak shut. Reminds me of some people I know. At a party they won't shut up. But on their own for example if I try to have a conversation with one specific employee of mine alone for example, all of a sudden he says nothing. Odd, I'm hardly a scary guy.

I'll follow up this with some raw data, each of you interested can draw your own conclusions, and of course I'll provide my own view. I do intend to publish this data when cleaned up and checked by the way, let you know where/when if interested. Also always value the thoughts of others, let me know what type of data you would find interesting. I learn the most by listening others.

I should add my "quiet drone" has proximity sensors so it won't run into anything and stays way below any air traffic. I also doubt you would even see it even in broad daylight. Don't want to freak out the wildlife or anyone else naturally.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

By the way, I will post how understanding (as best I can) various elements of how and why animals communicate can help us, include translation of different human languages as well as inferred or hidden meanings that sometimes don't translate well between different languages. When having a conversation with someone from a very different personal and social background, often its the subtle things that can kill you, sometime's literally. Also I want to go into some of the more interesting aspects of Dolphin communication that have to do with more then just "super-sonar" stuff. One thing thats easier for me (and us) to study is bats. Not as smart, but damn interesting.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I recently encountered some poop I really want to share with some of my friends on this post. I have long believed the only way we will figure out how to talk to "ET" is to talk first talk with and among the many conscious beings of our own planet. And there are many. Just because the real bright ones of our world are not technological beings, we damn near not dismiss them. Technology is an invention of place and time. You don't need it, why bother?

If the tempter of your environment rarely changes by the difference of ten degrees;s over a thousand or more years, who cares? And if it does? Move to a different latitude. In case you wondered while Whales first were water-borne and then moved back to land and then again to water. They we're not stupid, just practical. It's enough to make us humans feel as dumb as we are.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Have I let loose a titanium fart or what? The only way I can try to communicate with "them" is for that you to communicate with me, and everyone else who posts, in the conventional sense. If it's just your cat who does when he feels like it, does it when he walks across your keyboard, so be it. But as a guy who takes both serious interest in both personal privacy and personal communication, as well as what the animals are talking about consider this, being a "human" myself. If you want to protect everything on your computer from your cat (who should love you, and who you love in return) and anyone else who may want to f*** you? Unplug your computer when your done with it. No power? Good. Unless they exploit what we call "the exotics" they can't touch you.

Give your "pet" my best. YOUR PET? After all they have you bust your butt for them. Very cool, and to me sign of advanced inter-operative behavior. I find that a form of intelligence not just practical but sweet.
edit on 7/1/12 by arbiture because: the usual spelling farts and in this case a little added noise...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Your dog noticed that your wife's knee was warmer than it normally is.

Exclusion of Deep Vein Thrombosis by Measuring Spot Skin Temperatures using a Hand-Held Thermo-Comparator Enoch, S. and Blair, S.D., Phlebology, 2003 (vol. 18, no. 4)

Useful dog to have around.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join