It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of Illinois to hold Catastrophic Earthquake drill -- Tuesday Nov 15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
11/15/2011 — State of Illinois to hold Catastrophic Earthquake drill TOMORROW,is this tell you something,will there be a big event that they don't want us to know?

link( mydailyconcerns.com...

I don't know about you people but this is to frequently lately...Should we expect something big?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Central Illinois here, I have heard nothing of this drill.

But, I shall keep an open eye and ear should any funny business happen round here.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,
W.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

10 Minutes from Illinois Border in Indiana. Scary...
What is even scarier is that "Today" is Tuesday the 15th, you said tomorrow, so did you or me travel through time somewhere?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

10 Minutes from Illinois Border in Indiana. Scary...
What is even scarier is that "Today" is Tuesday the 15th, you said tomorrow, so did you or me travel through time somewhere?

Me,Time travel is the concept of moving between different points in time in a manner analogous to moving between different points in space. Time travel could involve moving backward in time to a moment earlier than the starting point, or forward to the future of that point without the need for the traveler to experience the intervening period (at least not at the normal rate). Any technological device – whether fictional or hypothetical – that would be used to achieve time travel is commonly known as a time machine.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So, you did travel through time? j/k
Edit your post-how the heck could you say something so intelligent like that, but don't know the date? Or am I just confused? Are my calendars and clocks wrong is today the 14th all over again?

Back on topic, thanks for the post! I like knowing what they may now in advance.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm in the middle of Illinois and have not heard anything about this. It's 12:35 and nothing has happened yet.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm in Springfield Illinois. This is new to me.
This makes me think of the boy who cried wolf. The media tells the truth and nobody cares.
edit on 15-11-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

link   

State of Illinois to hold Catastrophic Earthquake drill TOMORROW,is this tell you something,will there be a big event that they don't want us to know?

Maybe they want to be prepared in case something does unfortunately happen in the future, even if It's quite unlikely. Better safe than sorry as they say.

Of course though, some will never consider the rational possibility..

Edit: Found some information on it, so for anyone interested:

Officials are working to make sure they'll be ready if a major earthquake hits southern Illinois.

The Illinois Emergency Management Agency is coordinating a three-day training exercise that starts Tuesday. It involves more than 100 state and local agencies.

Director Jonathon Monken says Illinois has plenty of experience dealing with things like tornadoes and blizzards, but not the unique challenges of a catastrophic earthquake.

Parts of Illinois are located in the New Madrid seismic zone and could be severely damaged in an earthquake.

The drill was supposed to take place in May, but it was postponed because of a different southern Illinois disaster - extensive flooding.
(Source)

Sounds pretty normal to me.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Rising Against because: Found a source and decided to add it.

link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Patience my friend patience.we will miss you....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I found 1 link on it. Nothing in the local paper(website) or the local news station(also website). It was something that was supposed to happen in May but was cancelled.
www.carmitimes.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

Patience my friend patience.we will miss you....

I'm well prepared for anything that could happen. Nothing will happen as usual..... Wait, what is that rumbling? Sirens are sounding, radio went dead, TV is off, dogs are freaking, it's the end!!

Bye guys, I'm off to go loot!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Ah, I just found the same one after another search as well.

Added it to my last post here.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Computer still working......

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
the elementary school where my kids go had one the first week of this month. My kids thought it was exciting. lol We haven't had one here that I am aware of and I thought it was unusual but I do live near a pretty big fault, so it's good that the school can be prepared just in case.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I live in central Illinois in a town of about 25,000 people, near Peoria. I work closely with the fire department and am involved in with their training and annual requirements. This is the first I have heard of this. I watched your 2 & 1/2 minuted video. Then I googled "Illinois earthquake drill November 15". I got about 116,000 results .... but all the sites on the first two pages only referenced the same 2 & 1/2 minute video as their source. Not sure what to make of this. Maybe we are a little too far north, and too small to participate? I'll see the fire chief tomorrow and ask him about it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
According to your source site, the exercise was supposed to happen back in May:

www.ksdk.com...

"More than 100 state and local agencies and emergency response organizations will participate in the test, which will begin Tuesday morning and end Thursday afternoon.

Originally, the earthquake exercise was scheduled to coincide with the federal National Level Exercise in mid-May, but due to major flooding the state's portion of the exercise was rescheduled."

I think it is a little odd as Illinois isn't a "heavy" earthquake site, although they are not exempt from them.

According to this site, www.myfoxchicago.com...

"The strongest felt earthquake in Illinois in the past century was in 1968. On Nov. 9, a magnitude 5.4 quake occurred near Dale, Ill. The damage that was reported consisted mainly of downed chimneys, cracked foundations, overturned tombstones and some collapsed parapets, according to the U.S. Geological Survey."

You can read about recent earthquakes in Illinois at the above site as well.

edit on 15-11-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

The thing is you said 'in the last century' look up the New Madrid seismic zone - 1811/1812 was it? (off the top of my head) some believe it was a 9+. Regardless, the NMSZ stretches up there and is capable of a LOT of damage. Can't hurt to be prepared I guess!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
SPRINGFIELD —
Officials are working to make sure they'll be ready if a major earthquake hits southern Illinois.

The Illinois Emergency Management Agency is coordinating a three-day training exercise that starts Tuesday. It involves more than 100 state and local agencies.

Director Jonathon Monken says Illinois has plenty of experience dealing with things like tornadoes and blizzards, but not the unique challenges of a catastrophic earthquake.

Parts of Illinois are located in the New Madrid seismic zone and could be severely damaged in an earthquake.

The drill was supposed to take place in May, but it was postponed because of a different southern Illinois disaster — extensive flooding.Source(www.pjstar.com...

top topics

join