It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Must Read, Trade?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The School for Scandal
Richard Brinsley Sheridan

www.bartleby.com...

Simply Amazing

Comedy
Royalty
Esoteric
Coded

This is truly one of the best stories I have ever read, I place it above Shakespeare. Although during the time of my reading of Shakespeare, I will admit that I didn't necessarily comprehend all of the references and what it was all truly about, not saying I didn't get the 'commoner' comprehension, but I feel if I read them now, I'd have a different understanding of them.

BTW I posted a Thread titled "Jesus, Royal Family, and India! School For Scandal ?!?!?!"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That has a lot to do with some of the hidden meanings in this play...

Now here's the trade... I gave you a suggestion of a great read, that has great implications, now you do the same...

I'm looking for something written between the 17th and 18th centuries, American or 'Colonialist' Authors would be AWESOME! Something along the lines of short stories or plays, or something else that is a quick read.

I'm sure some people out there understand the notion that there is deeper and almost hidden meanings behind many of the stories and their references, and if you know of any examples of this, please present them.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
im not a big time reader of fiction or historical fiction but one book that profoundly changed my life was lord of light by roger zelazny.also big fan of gods of eden by william bramly.good luck on your quest.

new topics

join