It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster Preparedness & SHTF Survival Meets Zombie Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Over the years I've had various websites since I made my first Alien/UFO website on yahoo geocities when I was 13 years old that actually became quite popular for its time and I'm 27 now so I've come a long way. Somewhere along the way for just the mere hobby of coding and design I created all sorts of sites that I really had no interest in so 2 years ago when most of sites I owned lost a ton of value I went ahead and got out.

But losing a hobby left a void my life and I wanted to make something with some originality something more unique that I could be passionate about to really make it into something that becomes a success so after about a year of planning, taking notes, researching demographics I thought of the idea to make a SHTF Survival website with emphasis of disaster preparedness & planning for the basic most likely event that could happen to you first like a natural disaster and then help others continue their preparations towards the less likely but more horrific scenarios such as economic collapse or world war 3.

Being that I am truly passionate about this subject as I believe the shear amount of possible things that could happen to drastically change the world makes it sound senseless not to have some level in urgency in getting prepared for what the future tomorrow may bring.

So I was faced with another challenge how do I appeal to and get involved people who generally have no concern over being prepared after all most of the population is completely blind to reality. This is where the Zombie Apocalypse came into play. Because the Zombie Apocalypse has over the years became so popular in pop culture I think it offers a fun idea for reasons to be prepared. The is kind of the same thinking the CDC used when they posted their article about the Zombie Apocalypse.

So enough rambling here is what I've created thus far:
ZombieLyptic.com

Please let me know what you think and I'll be looking forward to anybody who wants to play a part in making it a success.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Cool website and love the name.

I doub't resident evil will be coming anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

looks like an awesome site, BM'd it for later viewing and possibly sign up.
S+F

Shaade

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Cool website and love the name.

I doub't resident evil will be coming anytime soon.

Thanks, resident evil style event not likely but its highly likely you'll encounter some type of disaster in your life time.

Originally posted by Shaade
reply to post by Smurfwicked

looks like an awesome site, BM'd it for later viewing and possibly sign up.
S+F

Shaade

Thank you, yeah its totally new haven't even started promoting it most of the people who've registered thus far have just randomly found on search engines and few of them twitter friends. Being some of the first to register would have its perks if it ever does get popular (which i plan it will). I kind of wanted to give certain groups from certain circles like here on ats the opportunity to get involved first.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This month we're giving away Army Digital Camo Bug Out Bag and 2 Bear Grylls firestarters in our monthly contest. For more details on the contest read: www.zombielyptic.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfwicked
This month we're giving away Army Digital Camo Bug Out Bag and 2 Bear Grylls firestarters in our monthly contest. For more details on the contest read: www.zombielyptic.com...

This contest is over and appreciate anybody from here that participated.

The new contest reward is a Mountain House 72-Hour Emergency Meal Kit For more details on the contest read: www.zombielyptic.com...

top topics

join