It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Situation that just occured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hey all. Ill start off by saying I have been drinking tonight and the two others involved have also been. Ill honestly say it has not affected me, however I cant speak for myselves, although I believe them. Other people were over, however they left 3-3.5 hours earlier. My parents were upstairs during this situation and were likely sleeping the whole time.

Im going to try and post what my friends said, although, I can ask them later and see what they have to say (they are currently sleeping in the basement)

We were hanging out downstairs, my friend went out for a smoke, a very short time after his friend/girlfriend (not sure of there "official status" at the moment)

When the girl came back she told me that the back door was wide open, I questioned here about it, I couldnt remember if one of them had gone for a smoke inbetween the time the others left around three-three and a half hours earlier. (Still not exactly sure, ill have to ask them later) She also told me that my friend said he saw someone by his car (parked beside the house) she however claims to not of seen it, (apparently he saw it right before she came out)

A minute or so later my other friend came down and we started discussing the issue, I told them that I had seen the door blow open by itself before (likely by the wind) He told me (cant currently remember if the girl was out there at the time) that the door had blown open (again) while he was sitting on the bench have a smoke. Also the girl told me that my friend had told her the gate was closed when he had came in earlier (from a previous smoke) and when came back out it was open.

I fully believe my friend that he says he saw someone by the car, not sure if it was a person, but I believe he saw something. He said something that if the door was open again when we went upstair......., but thats all I remember. I told them that I believed in ghosts, but didnt think the house was haunted.

My friend and I decided to go look upstairs, the girl stayed downstairs. We looked around the middle level a bit and didnt notice much (the door was still closed, my friend had locked it) We ended up going out the front door to take a look. I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary. We walked to the side of the house towards our cars (where he says he saw the figure by his car) doors were locked, didnt really notice anything, looked towards the neighbors trees, it was dark couldnt see much, walked along the side of my place, still looking at the trees, (we could see well through the bushes) and didnt notice anything. We arrived at the gate of the backyard.

The gate was open. My friend told me that it was closed when he had entered the house. I questioned him about it. He said it was closed for sure. I closed the gate and gave it a few shakes, it didnt budge, I asked him if he had closed it for sure around 10 minutes ago and he said he did. I believe him. I have no reason not to believe him.

We wandered a bit forward staring into the yard (we were by the backdoor) we heard a very odd sound at first, it scared me, then I identified it (at least im pretty sure I did) as a blue tarp, that my dad put over our outside table.

We walked back to the front yard (I closed the gate, tightly) We had left the front door open, although a secondary glass door was closed and our friend (the girl) was standing right there, she scared me, haha.

They went downstairs to sleep, im currently writing this in the upstairs, not going to bed till it gets light out, haha.

Personally, I didnt witness anything, but I believe my friends and im not exactly sure what to make of it.

(Just thought id add that while I was starting to write this story I heard a creeking sound or something like that and then heard it a minute or so later but have not heard it since, dont think its related, but I thought id add it.

(Ill add any more useful information as it comes)

Cheers

Edit - Just after the girl came in, I checked the wind and it said 7 KM per hours (Im pretty sure thats what it said), I just checked it and now it says 37 KM, which is the more likely (it felt like that when I went out there.

I still believe my friend saw something and he told me the gate was locked, I dont think wind could of opened it, especially in that time frame) However, I could be wrong.

edit on 13-11-2011 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
omg so basically someone left the door open man ...ok.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wlord

haha, well thats a possibility for sure.
Just thought id make a thread about the situation.

I've already said i've witnessed the door "blowing"/"opening" on its own.

However with the door situation/the gate situation/my friend saying he saw someone, I thought id put it all in a thread and see what we could come up with.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

I didnt witness what he was smoking.

However, I am willing to stake it was a cigarette, I can tell you the brand tomorrow if you would like.

However, if you have your mind already made it, thats your call.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
....ok... sounds to me like you lot were all trippin

come on, be honest...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It was the ghost of absolute vodka rearing his ugly head again.He always shows up after major consumption.He is a persistent little bastard.Good luck in your travels.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Tripping?

Non of us were doing anything illegal.

Im being as honest as I can be.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Figures I get answers like this when I honestly admit when we were drinking even though it likely had nothing to do with the occurance.

Typical.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Now you have experienced the reason liquor is called “Sprits”

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Once again, what does this post have to do with what occured?

Im not saying anything paranormal or anything similar happened.

Im just posting what happened.

Alcohol being involved has nothing to do with it, just thought id post that we were drinking,

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
reply to post by wlord

haha, well thats a possibility for sure.
Just thought id make a thread about the situation.

I've already said i've witnessed the door "blowing"/"opening" on its own.

However with the door situation/the gate situation/my friend saying he saw someone, I thought id put it all in a thread and see what we could come up with.

Cheers

It could have been something as simple as a stranger walking around your neighborhood late at night, looking for possible easy break-in situations. Ya know, a burglar. Maybe you friend did see someone skulking around, and scared them off.

An attempt to take such a mundane scenario, and turn it into a ghost sighting......how can I put this delicately...well, it's juvenile. But, that is just my own humble opinion.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Put better latches/closers on the gate and the door.

If your parents ask what you're doing, just tell them the door and gate keep blowing open.

If they're closed with better closers, and they open again, if it's a person breaking in, or lurking around, you're more likely to hear it, and if it keeps opening without making noise, or opens with no one there, you're haunted.

Always good to rule out lurkers, peepers, unwanted people.
They can be dangerous.

Ghosts, are much less dangerous than real people.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Put better latches/closers on the gate and the door.

If your parents ask what you're doing, just tell them the door and gate keep blowing open.

If they're closed with better closers, and they open again, if it's a person breaking in, or lurking around, you're more likely to hear it, and if it keeps opening without making noise, or opens with no one there, you're haunted.

Always good to rule out lurkers, peepers, unwanted people.
They can be dangerous.

Ghosts, are much less dangerous than real people.
Apparently you have never seen the amityville horror.Ghosts are extremely dangerous,and the fact that they cant be seen makes them much more dangerous than people.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The situation was there? What about snooki?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Apparently you have never seen the amityville horror.Ghosts are extremely dangerous,and the fact that they cant be seen makes them much more dangerous than people.

Actually, I did see the movie. It freaked the crap out of me

If you have an unfriendly ghost, have it excorsized!! Call a Shaman or someone...
If your ghost is just screwing with you all the time, these things you just have to put up with, you know, when your keys end up in the cupboard, or the remote control in the fridge......

One night I woke up when the dog came up on the bed with me, I waited until she settled down, reached down to pet her
there was nothing there. I turned on the light on the bedside table, and I could see her looking at me weirdly from the other room.
I was awake for a couple of hours after that one.
I guess I have the friendly ghosts

Stay on their good side, but excorsize them if they're evil......

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Figures I get answers like this when I honestly admit when we were drinking even though it likely had nothing to do with the occurance.

Typical.

Cheers

I feel that people would find this experience more viable had you not been drinking... But you were. No big deal.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. It could have been anything aforementioned. Part of me is leaning towards the idea of someone forgetting that they left the door open due to consumption of alcohol. The other part of me is leaning towards the idea of a paranormal experience.

Has anything happened since?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

top topics

join