It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God/Universe love or peace? What is domimant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If God is everything (the universe) then that would mean that there is no such thing as non-living things. All things are living in essence (animism). Even water, a rock, a pencil, and a piece of paper. If God is love and God is everything, then that would mean that there is love in nature and in all people even if we can't see it, it would mean that it's impossible for a being to be 100% hateful, it could only be 99% at most because 1% would at least have to be love if God is everything...

But, here is the thing, is there really love in nature? Is a flowing loving? or is it just peace - just being what it is while living in acceptance of all things?

Is a rock loving, or is it just peaceful?

I cannot sense any love in a rock, tree, or flower, but I do sense a lack of emotion, a sense of calmness, peace, acceptance, an allowance of letting things be as they are...

The natural state of being is peace, calmness, stillness, non-emotion, detachment....

It is only certain moments of life or effort which makes us happy or unhappy.

So, does it make more sense to say that peace (non-emotion/detachment) is the natural state of being and thus peace is more dominant and God is peace (acceptance/detachment) or does it still make sense to say that God is love even though there is no love in a rock or a paper or a pencil?

If God is love and God is everything then the natural state should be love and happiness, but if God is peace and God is everything then it would explain why peace is the natural state and why we sometimes drift from happy and sad until we find our peace, what do you think?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

how can u still talking about love after all u know and witness knowing

there is no love at all when obviously u dont exist to any god but as a thing he makes fully, and dont even enjoy as his things when bod joy the most is in destroying humans bodies and senses
even his favorite thing that was calling himself his son was crucified just for random excuses that as always never make any sense

no peace either, when obviously world global war is meaning universal end

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We are supposedly made in 'His' image and yet most of the world is full of hate and violence and misery. These 'loving' characteristics along with the suffering of hunger, poverty and disease, are all the main ingredients of a normal day here for the living creatures to which 'god' supposedly 'loves'.
Love, yea right...

Furthermore, we can look to nature and see that animals survive by viciously tearing the flesh of other fellow-animals just to remove the pains of hunger that this 'god' lovingly made us living creatures feel. And to force animals to viciously tear into the flesh of other animals (complete with LOTS of nerves to REALLY feel the PAIN) just for survival tells me that he certainty doesnt love animals either...

And for humans, look at the world with your reality glasses on. You will see a world of STAGGERING suffering, misery, sickness, and violence everyday, every minute, every generation. Thats just a normal day. Who needs some "hell" or "fiery pit" in the afterlife when "hell" is certainly right here, right now all around us...

Ask yourselves, would you cause your children or pets to live like this is you loved them??

The 'god' concept makes me think of everything else other than "love" if you ask me.

And for the 'god defenders' who blame it on the 'satan' boogeyman' do your research, as the satan character is not one individual at all and not the evil boogeyman that you all blame everything on all the time as an excuse for our 'loving' god's sick twisted flaws. "satan' simply meant adversary in its original meanings and if you ask me, an "adversary' to this 'loving' god seems to me to be the good guy.

Love & 'god' goes together like water and oil.

edit on 12-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Love is acceptance and appreciation without conditions. Unconditional love is loving someone so much that you allow them the freedom to do what they want, even if they destroy themselves and others. Even if something is hateful it can't be 100% hateful because God is love and love is within all so at least 1% have to be love. There has to be at least one drop.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Isaiah 45:7 (King James Version):
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I got my answer now, and I will no longer argue from my limitations... God is love and that is that, I have to accept the fact that if I'm not loving for any reason, then in that moment I'm not with God. I think many people are scared to see this truth as I was.

Some people don't even realize God's existence because God is love and love just feels like something natural to most...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Love is acceptance and appreciation without conditions. Unconditional love is loving someone so much that you allow them the freedom to do what they want, even if they destroy themselves and others. Even if something is hateful it can't be 100% hateful because God is love and love is within all so at least 1% have to be love. There has to be at least one drop.

Yeah I hear Dahmer was a really sweet and good Dude....
Are you sure about the 1%?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeRoy1968

Originally posted by arpgme

Yeah I hear Dahmer was a really sweet and good Dude....
Are you sure about the 1%?

If God is love and God is everything, then all things MUST have at least a drop of love in it! It MUST!
edit on 12-11-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Funny you should bring it up. Just last night I read this metaphysical speculation from Dan Simmon's novel, The Fall of Hyperion, Bantam Books; New York, p. 492.

Love, that most banal of things, that most cliched of religious motivations, had more power... ...than did strong nuclear force of weak nuclear force or electromagnetism or gravity. Love was these other forces... the impossibility that carried information from photon to photon, was nothing more or less than love.

Rather than pantheism (Everything IS God)...
Rather than panentheism (God IN everything)...
Simmons speculates that God IS BETWEEN everything-- holding it together (and holding it apart), giving it existence in a perfectly anthropic universe.

edit on 12-11-2011 by Frira because: Rtaher thans...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Do not equate 'God's' love with the valentines day, sweet 16, red roses love that exists between one person and another. That is it in part but God's love is so much more but so much more simple. Love is attraction, love is a process.

The Source has split itself into the Universe you see around you on this physical plane. Ultimately everything is one, and everything is connected to everything else. This connection is love and will ultimately gather us all as his children back to the source. The realisation of this is awareness. Living this is enlightenment.

The closer you align your present life to this fact the more you will sense this love, and in turn it will bring peace into your life. But this is an inevitable process for us all so do not concern yourself too much with this process unless it is what your heart tells you.

Instead, just do what makes you feel happy.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

It's not eat or be eaten, dog eat dog at the highest level, that's not my experience anyway. I think there's a higher, creative impulse and desire for experience, at all levels, whether from rock to animal and all the way to human as the highest possible expression of consciousness on the planet, maybe even in the universe itself by extension.

There is another world, another realm or domain, freely available for those who wish to percieve it, on the other side of all the suffering and mayham.

I think of it as the real world, the world and creation as it was meant to be, heaven, which is still spread out upon the world and in the heavens, but men do not see it.

The absolute cynical position of "this is hell", while you are free to choose it, may not be congruent with the truth the life and the reality as it really and truly is.

Maybe we are deluded?

Maybe what's UNREAL is all that nonsense..

If so, then why is it so persistent? Answer that, and pose a solution to it, by reframing it as insignificant in the light of truth and understanding, and then by then simply ignoring it altogether, while working to generate a better and happier world, both for yourself and all those with whom you interact, and there it is - the great work. It doesn't matter how big or small the ultimate effect, just so long as we are engaged in it, as the free will agents and active hsitorical participants that we really are by neccessity, the neccessity of choice.

Who would choose still more sorrow and suffering in the face of sorrow and suffering, and close that circle in the domain of their own hopelessness and despair, when the other choice is still freely available as a possibility, and as an opportunity, to contribute something of value, in the process of being and becoming more fully alive and self expressed, even in the face of adversity, perhaps even in spite of it - now that's power, the power to ultimately move mountains of historical causation, but in ways that we cannot begin to fathom, only realize, and experience, as we gain the other half of the light cone, containing at it's peak a faith and hope (and reason and truth) the size of a tiny seed (or smaller).

We can still choose, still choose life as it is, instead of that other bullshiit world of absurd, ridiculous nonsense, and maybe even have a positive impact on the whole affair, in the process of simply having the courage to be happy in the face of it all, as the only reasonable and rational response ie: not apathetic and nihilistic, faithless and without hope for something better by an infinite degree.

I think we need to have more faith in creation, than in destruction, and that in this way, we can please God as a God of both peace (infinite beingness) and love as love in action in the form of grace and life shared with one and all for the greatest possible good made manifest in the fullness of time and history.

Then again, I've learned these things from God who doesn't think like most people think (not a cynic).

And in the final analysis, I've concluded that nothing else makes any reasonable sense at all. It's all I'm left with when all ignorance is denied; Faith, as the hope in infinitely better things, both seen and unseen, faith in the power of love to change the world, and bring us all back into alignment with truth and life as it is. Someday... can't not happen eventually, and then all of heaven will erupt in celebration, when the sons of God made known, and the whole of creation is redeemed, a new earth and a new heaven reborn again as new. It's a day that's fast approaching, even now. Get thee behind us satan.

edit on 12-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Things, the things that we call matter are really not objective 'things'; since God is being the Light, the Mind, the Awareness within which all 'things' appear. God made 'everything' our Self is Light and Life of His Light. Today we know that Infinite Light, and all limited light (appearances of matter) is actually information. God's Unseen Light is faster than limited light, It is Infinite and includes 'everything' that is or ever was or will be. Understanding the Truth of God's Being we can see that God really is Love.

Now if Light belongs to Godhead, and This God is The Only One Cause of all light and all we see (holographic images) and all that we call matter is Within This Light of God, then all things are perfect and taken good care of and That God is not Self destructive...This is Love.

If this Ineffable is All, and this very Self-Life-Identity we are is made in His image, then our Identity is made of God's Eternal Beingness, and I would say That is Love, That is Real Love. To know the Truth is to know freedom from fear... That is Knowing Is Love.

Knowing God is All of "who we are", what more Love could want than that. We are Love, we are the Light Eternal, eve if we do not know it; That is Real Love. It is a matter of accepting our True Selfhood is not apart from Godhead All and Its Infinite manifestations...This is Love.

Knowing All That is Real includes even the images of unreal and This Whole experience we call life is made of Ever Lasting Light; That alone would mean that God is Love.

Such Love This Ever Present Goodness Is, for despite what seems or appears to be, nothing ever dies, nothing can be harmed.

And we do not have to even know all this, or any of this, for It to be so; that is Love.

Since in fact we are really one with God's Being, then we are eternal, we are pristine and pure and immutable and in perfect health and ageless...even if we do not believe it or accept it; That is Real Love!

Our real Identity cannot ever die, or be lost, or suffer, even we do not understand how this can be True; It is True.... Now, that is Love. And one day will see it is True, and That is Love also.

God is Love because God never dies, God is Perfect, Total and Is The Complete "Isness" of all that is. That is Love.

How much Love Infinite Being Is that no one in Reality is unharmed. Though the 'things' may appear to deteriorate, or die, when we awaken to the Truth, the Reality of God which is what we are actually made of, we will know That Reality can never change or come to and end. That is Love.

Love that is not the shadow, not images, but includes the shadow, and images and That is Love. The Wonder is That Every thing that seems to be real is Really caused by this Uncaused Unseen Light that is Godhead-All and so we can say God is Love, no matter what we think.

And someday, when we brake out of our limited mistaken view of our self...then we will all know who we are at the very essence of our being, at the very soul and heart of our real self, and we will then know for certain that God Really is Love...

Love to you, SweetMystery

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
when universal LAW is enacted it can not be changed by the Creator, it is in motion, What we experience as evil, the lower carnal desires is MAN acting on his impulses and emotions with Ego and self preservation only in mind. ALL Things are ruled by universal / Natural / Divine Laws. It is up to man, to rise from the darkness and lowered consciousness to a self governing, personally responsible enlightened Being, this is a life time of work, to transmute the lower desires / energies / evil etc into Higher Consciousness. LOVE is the strongest power of all, and I do not speak of the human emotion we claim to call Love. It is ignorance to deny this, it is Mans birthright to awaken, in this day and age it is something far and few between. Break free from Dogma, Superstition, belief, and mere faith in the opinions and pre-convceived notions and ideas of others. Wisdom can only be found when Knowledge is used and the experience is direct, then knowledge transmutes and no longer becomes a belief in something, it is KNOWN.

Change comes from within, it can not be forced by others or come from outside of ourselves. The Source, the ALL, the ONE, GOD, whatever you choose to call it, is LOVE.

The knowledge to make humanity Free is available to all. Those with eyes will see, those with ears may hear.

Veritas Vos Liberabit

edit on 12-11-2011 by awakened1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
our minds can reason, and create things like love and peace. But everything outside of our minds is chaos. simple as that, the universe has no feelings or emotions, it just is.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God is love, But God is not everything. God created everything, this is quite fundamentally different. Without God there would be no love, but there would be nothing without God. So everything you know or feel is a creation of God. And all of God’s creation leads to love. This message is written on your heart if you are willing to listen.

top topics

join