It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bull on Wall street is actually the Hebrew Golden Calf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

According to the Hebrew Bible, the golden calf (עֵגֶּל הַזָהָב ‘ēggel hazâhâḇ) was an idol (a cult image) made by Aaron to satisfy the Israelites during Moses' absence, when he went up to Mount Sinai. The calf was intended to be a physical representation of the God of Israel, and therefore was doubly wrong for involving Israel in idolatry and for ascribing physicality to God.

en.wikipedia.org...

Charging Bull, which is sometimes referred to as the Wall Street Bull or the Bowling Green Bull, is a 3,200-kilogram (7,100 lb) bronze sculpture by Arturo Di Modica that stands in Bowling Green Park near Wall Street in Manhattan, New York City. Standing 11 feet (3.4 m) tall[1] and measuring 16 feet (4.9 m) long,[2] the oversize sculpture depicts a bull, the symbol of aggressive financial optimism and prosperity, leaning back on its haunches and with its head lowered as if ready to charge. The sculpture is both a popular tourist destination which draws thousands of people a day, as well as "one of the most iconic images of New York"[3] and a "Wall Street icon"[4] symbolizing "Wall Street" and the Financial District.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here's The Bull getting violated!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-11-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

So what is the Bear?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

So what is the Bear?

edit on 10-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Israel:

Isis, Ra, El

~Collapses from genius~

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Wow, good catch!

And while I am not a religious person (I am spiritual) this significance is staggering............sort of like, in "They Live" when the hero puts on the sun glasses and looks at money, "this is your god".

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Israel:

Isis, Ra, El

~Collapses from genius~

You should link your findings

ISIS

Ra

EL

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hey I'm really not taking away from your thread, just adding a little related info:

The bull also represents the age of Taurus in Astrology.
Roughly, around 4500 BC we stepped into the age of Taurus.
Around 2000 BC we moved into the Age of Aries, then in about 100 BC we moved into the Age in which we still reside, the Age of Pisces.

I believe that what was spoken about in the bible was in refeence to praising old 'gods' of the ages of astrology. Something which was well developed before the writters of the bible by the ancient Sumerians

The oldest undisputed evidence of the use of astrology as an integrated system of knowledge is therefore attributed to the records that emerge from the first dynasty of Mesopotamia (1950-1651 BC

link

The first five books - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, book of Numbers and Deuteronomy - make up the Pentateuch, the story of Israel from the Creation to the death of Moses. Few scholars today doubt that it reached its present form in the Persian period (538-332 BCE), and that its authors were the elite of exilic returnees who controlled the Temple at that time.

link

(please excuse my lame wiki linkies)

It is my belief that the writters of the early bible where addressing their personal need to separate from the beliefs of their forefathers in the quest of what seems to be a grand sociobiological experiment... isn't that what most paths or religions are? An attempt at ordering and evolving a people socially.
edit on 2011/11/11 by Jimjolnir because: bad grammar

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir

The bull also represents the age of Taurus in Astrology.

Roughly, around 4500 BC we stepped into the age of Taurus.

Around 2000 BC we moved into the Age of Aries, then in about 100 BC we moved into the Age in which we still reside, the Age of Pisces.

The age of Pisces - It kind of makes one wonder if the jews made up jesus to mislead the gentiles into following jewish mysticism.
edit on 11-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

The calf was intended to be a physical representation of the God of Israel...

Golden Calf - Wiki

Why would anyone put this at Wall Street, I wonder?

By the way, it's Molech.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
One wonders whether anyone would try to give the bull a Tauroctony.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
"The age of Pisces - It kind of makes one wonder if the jews made up jesus to mislead the gentiles into following jewish mysticism"

Sure, made up..... from the same modern day Pharisee Jews who state that Jesus is being punsished in a pit of excrement. They know He existed, they simply refused to accept Him as their Messiah because they still worship these Babylonian and Egyptian gods. They prefer to believe lies than the truth.

Let's face it, these same Pharisees now own and control the world. They gave the world this golden calf as the new god - if you value anything material and money, it is your god. You cannot worship both money and the Almighty God. And as long as mankind worships the calf, we spiral further away from the love of God.

As far as Pisces and Aquarius, God is, was and always will be:

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the AGE. (Matt. 28:20)

Anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this AGE or in the AGE to come. (Matt. 12:32)

The harvest is the end of the AGE, and the harvesters are angels. As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the AGE. (Matt. 13:39-40)

What will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the AGE? (Matt. 24:3)

Just and true are your ways, King of the AGES. (Rev. 15:3)

The heavens were created by God "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard." Why else have humans looked to the heavens throughout the ages? The Bible clearly acknowledges this correlation beautifully.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

So what is the Bear?

edit on 10-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

Are you saying in a round about way that the old USSR is only in hibernation right now...?

Bulls symbolize rampant testosterone energy
Bears symbolize both a dormant state and when awake & active an omnivorous diet

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Just because completely different cultures, seperated by thousands of years, use similar animals to represent entirely different and unconnected things, does not mean that they are both the same

Or are you saying that back in the bronze age, the ancestors of the jews worshipped optimistic investment and confidence of a surging economy?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I dont know what kind of calfs you been around but i've never seen any with horns

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
isn't that what most paths or religions are? An attempt at ordering and evolving a people socially.
edit on 2011/11/11 by Jimjolnir because: bad grammar

how about control? Since it's written in the Bible that questioning authority is a sin. And oh, those donations.
Gotta give to Ceasar what is to Ceasar, and to the Vatican, I mean God, what is to God.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I thought the golden calf represented the age of Taurus which ended and the next age Aries began which was followed by Pisces and now Aquarius.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Many of us are held under the belief that we are in the age of aquarius, which to me just ain't true. (at least, not too true.) Throughout the history of astrology the plane of the Ecliptic, (the path the stars travel from our view point on Earth) and the line of the Equator have been utilized as a marking point for watching the Preccession of the Equinoxes, or, the movement of these Ages.

If you extend the Equator line outward and meet it with the the Ecliptic Plane, you will be viewing our current 'position' on our journey through the Ages.
If I'm not mistaken, it was normal practise to face east in June, at midnight as the day clocks over from the 20th to the 21st. The first constellation that rises at this time reflects our current age.
Although, as stated above, it can be viewed at any time (or at least, discerned), as long as you know the projection of the Ecliptic and the Equator.

Personally, from what I discern, we are exiting the age of Pisces. The rough 'middle' between Pisces and Aquarius will only be reached around 2600 AD, 588 years from now. To me, if there is any great spiritual, or God forbid, doomsday-style-event, we are meerly within the build-up to it, and many generations will follow towards the true transition into the Age of Aquarius.
If Pisces is 1 and Aquarius is 2, we are at about 1.8

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
figures, even the tauran bull is a false flag for the Zionists!! (not to be confused with Jews)

by the way, calves horns start emerging at 3 weeks of age. (late veal time!)

new topics

top topics

join