It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the fall of the USSR also the fall of the U.S.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I was thinking about this earlier and thought i'd make a post to see what you guys think.

When the USSR was around the U.S. had an equal competitor. Someone to balance the power. The USSR couldn't do anything without thinking of the reprocussions that the U.S. would inflict. Vietnam for example. The same goes for the United States. They had a balance. They would keep each other in line for the most part. Now the U.S. has no balance and no equal superpower to keep them in check. They can conquer entire countries for resources and nobody will stop them. (Iraq) Russia still has nukes but they aren't a real threat anymore. China is too underdeveloped and dependent on U.S. trade to stand up to the United States. Iran is standing up to the U.S. but they are too weak to prove a real threat unless they aquire nuclear weapons, plus they're leader alienates them with threats. The U.S. has free reign over the world and only time will tell if they can be stopped.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSandman
When the USSR was around the U.S. had an equal competitor. Someone to balance the power. The USSR couldn't do anything without thinking of the reprocussions that the U.S. would inflict. The same goes for the United States.

The same goes for its people.
I read something some time back about the way that the threat of invasion will unite the citizens to work together for the good of the country. Many examples exist. The British during WW2 to pick one famous one.
This was also the theme during JFK's "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You" speech. If you read it entirely, it is wholly based around the threat of the USSR and the dangers of communism. Thats why you have to do stuff for your country. Your country really really really needed you for its survival.

But nowdays, as you say, no real threat, the people dont need to think about the country and (citizens and leaders alike) can just gorge themselves on their own private pleasures. How much does that cost? Who cares, lets party!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

The fall of the u.s. was just after w.w.2, when the nazi officials became american citizens, via project paperclip and the likes. Thus the american adoption of the symbol of the fasces, and the bush family. But I do not doubt that your hypothesis is wrong, it most probably is true.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I posted this in another threat, but believe when the KGB's Putin moved in,
Bush Sr set up the same in the US.

"The CIA has a long history of destabilizing and overthrowing governments.
After Putin and his KGB cronies took over Russia and made $$$ taking over the Govt owned infrastructure,
G Busch Sr (CIA), did the same to the US. Why wouldn't they?

When taking control of foreign govt is your 'bread-and-butter', why just follow the requests of your own govt?
Replace the dip sticks at the top, and run the show yourself.
Left-Right appear to be no different? Well, its all part of the show."

new topics

top topics

join