It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting near Occupy Oakland....man down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

You don't have to tell me about shootings happening in Oakland. I have been working in Oakland twice when people were shot just outside the building I was in.

This shooting does have something to do with the Occupy movement because many of the witness's are the Occupiers and it happened only a few yards away from the encampment.

I understand that the main people involved may not be associated with the movement. But I have already said that and I am only relaying what information is available to me right now.

I support the Occupy movement and I hope that this does not cause the City or police to crack down on the occupiers.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Shooting Near Occupy Oakland
By BAY CITIZEN STAFF|November 10, 2011 5:29 p.m.
www.baycitizen.org...

Updated November 10, 2011 at 6:00 p.m.| A man was shot near the Occupy Oakland encampment on 14th and Broadway at about 5 p.m.

The 12th Street BART station was closed for about half-an-hour but is now open. BART says there's a major delay systemwide due to an earlier problem. Meanwhile, The Examiner is tweeting that the police are now searching the BART station. KTVU says that police also appear to be searching the scene of the shooting.

On Twttier, Occupy Oakland has said the shooting was "related ot the occupation. Please keep this man in your thoughts." Of course, this hasn't been officially confirmed and police are still at the scene.

Twitter user "tyska" says that an ABC cameraman was attacked by the crowd shortly after the shooting.

Video Here:
Shooting at #occupyoakland, looks like fatal CPR being given. Crowd attacks...
www.twitvid.com...
edit on 11/10/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Person on video : "They're doing CPR on a dummy. That's a dummy."
reply to post by Momus

The sound on my headphones is messed up
for some reason. Just wanted to verify this
is what you heard a person say on the
video? How close did they seem to be to
where the CPR was taking place?
Why would this be?

Im watching the local Oakland news. It happened at the OWS in Oakland and the man is DEAD. Its not a dummy. There were saying that to hide the fact that someone got shot at there protest.
edit on 10-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Sorry and I do not mean to LOL at anyone for being shot but,...
This is Oakland, it is just as bad in Oakland as any other bad "hood" in the country.
People get shot as a matter of course.
I used to make regular trips down there through some of the projects, and was extremely armed in an armored vehicle and still did not feel safe.
So, a shooting in Oakland does not surprise me, it was just fate that it happened near the protest.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yes as more details about this shooting are coming out It appears that the location of the shooting was just bad luck for the occupiers.

It is awful that this happened at all but I am glad that it was not an occupy member or a shooting involving police.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

That was a suicide apparently..

I'm thinking cities will start using the violence as an excuse soon to shut these camps down. Occupy Portland was given till Midnight Saturday to clear out before police shut it down due to violence (there was a recent firebombing among other incidents such as fights, stabbings and harassment..)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Fishticon84

That was a suicide apparently..

I'm thinking cities will start using the violence as an excuse soon to shut these camps down. Occupy Portland was given till Midnight Saturday to clear out before police shut it down due to violence (there was a recent firebombing among other incidents such as fights, stabbings and harassment..)

no the suicide was in another city. this was a murder at OWS. Reports are people are packing up and leaving.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

no the suicide was in another city. this was a murder at OWS. Reports are people are packing up and leaving.

This was a murder in Oakland - near OWS. There is nothing to indicate that OWS was involved in any way other than their medical folks were the first to try to help the victim. And I'm watching the chat on their livestream page and I've seen nothing to indicate people are packing and leaving.

How did you come to believe your summary of events?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Via Alice Mechler: A 35-year-old military veteran has died at a hospital after shooting himself Thursday in an Occupy Wall Street encampment in Vermont's largest city, a spokesman said. The public was not believed to be at risk after the afternoon shooting at City Hall Park in Burlington, but the circumstances were still being investigated, said Burlington Police Deputy Chief Andi Higbee. Police would not confirm that the shooting was a suicide, but witnesses said the man shot himself.

Another military vet... Makes you wonder how many we'll end up losing going at this rate.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Not sure what's happening in Oakland, but it's Oakland... Perhaps Raiders gear was involved or some Air Jordans.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Y'all, I have to say....there were 3 murders in Dallas today; therefore, they are attributed to OWS

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Really who did not see this coming?

Shooting and Oakland? Go figure.

Waiting for the defenders to place the blame and go into their denial routines.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Y'all, I have to say....there were 3 murders in Dallas today; therefore, they are attributed to OWS

Also 140 + cases of TB at two local high schools plus a father gunned down most of his family at a skating rink. I bet there's an Occupy Camp nearby.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Momus

Originally posted by camaro68ss

This was a murder in Oakland - near OWS. There is nothing to indicate that OWS was involved in any way other than their medical folks were the first to try to help the victim. And I'm watching the chat on their livestream page and I've seen nothing to indicate people are packing and leaving.

How did you come to believe your summary of events?

your right, it was only 12 feet from the camp......

and i came to the summary by watching it LIVE on my local news

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

no no ..

Originally posted by Fishticon84
This is very strange because there was a shooting today at Occupy Burlington.

www.foxnews.com...

That was a suicide .. the one in Oakland is a murder.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Shootings happen every day in every city.
Nothing special to see here, move along.

On second thought, these occupiers are stealing from one another on a rampage, so it doesn't suprise me one bit if they start shooting each other also.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
To say that the shooting had something to do with OWS just because it happened nearby is ludicrous! Does that mean then that the two shootings which happened right outside your job were related to either your place of work or you? According to your own logic you were within the vicinity of the shootings and were a witness. So clearly you had something to do with this..... Sound crazy? I bet it does and yet you assume that just because someone was shot by the camp that means OWS is in someway responsible. This is idiocy, plain and simple. I lived in East Oakland on 73rd and E 14th for many years and I can tell you that people get shot in Oakland all the time for no other reason than it was a Tuesday afternoon. There is no rhyme or reason to the violence that plagues Oakland's streets on a daily basis, violence that was happening long before OWS ever arrived. And if the Police Officers feel that there are things they could be doing elsewhere then by all means go do those things. We could use a whole lot less of the police abusing innocent civil protesters and whole lot more of them doing their jobs. Or better yet when are the boys in blue going to drop their batons and join the movement? After all its their rights that are being protested for as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join