It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or what to believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I've been on this site for a while now, and have also watched many videos on various conspiratorial topics. All the while, the conspiracy theorists say the the governments are lying, that NASA is lying, etc. They explain what is actually happening and/or what will probably happen. Looking back, I can't think of one time that the conspiracy theorists have turned out to be right. Everytime NASA has said that such and such asteroid will not impact the earth, conspiracy theorists say it is a lie, etc. Then we find out NASA is correct.

Same thing with religious announcements, such as prophecies and "words of the lord". Have those ever turned out right? The end of the world has never came when predicted.

When BP had their big spill in the gulf, this site was flooded with what the "truth" was, and how the whole gulf area was going to have to be evacuated, etc. Did anything major ever happen there?

Many have claimed that alien disclosure is going to happen at certain times. It never happens.

People here have shown how earthquakes are going to happen because of certain astronomical alignments, and then....nothing.

The governments and space agencies are called liars, what should we call those who make these claims against them that don't come true? Aren't they just as guilty?

edit on 10-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am learning to treat most of the stuff I read on ATs as entertainment.

There is truth, and mystery and amazement- but I do enjoy a good doomsday thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
I am learning to treat most of the stuff I read on ATs as entertainment.

There is truth, and mystery and amazement- but I do enjoy a good doomsday thread.

Well, I adimt, I enjoy it too or I wouldn't be here. But, it amazes me how some call NASA liars, then NASA turns out to be absolutely correct in what they said, while the accuser's theories are shown to be absolutely wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You are totally right and as just one example let's look at your reference to NASA. It was founded by a NAZI SS officer. Now, that just makes the CT nuts go nuts, but what ever happened? That's right, absolutely nothing. Nothing to see here. The world is totally at peace. Move along folks.

Originally posted by Hydroman
I've been on this site for a while now, and have also watched many videos on various conspiratorial topics. All the while, the conspiracy theorists say the the governments are lying, that NASA is lying, etc. They explain what is actually happening and/or what will probably happen. Looking back, I can't think of one time that the conspiracy theorists have turned out to be right. Everytime NASA has said that such and such asteroid will not impact the earth, conspiracy theorists say it is a lie, etc. Then we find out NASA is correct.

Same thing with religious announcements, such as prophecies and "words of the lord". Have those ever turned out right? The end of the world has never came when predicted.

When BP had their big spill in the gulf, this site was flooded with what the "truth" was, and how the whole gulf area was going to have to be evacuated, etc. Did anything major ever happen there?

Many have claimed that alien disclosure is going to happen at certain times. It never happens.

People here have shown how earthquakes are going to happen because of certain astronomical alignments, and then....nothing.

The governments and space agencies are called liars, what should we call those who make these claims against them that don't come true? Aren't they just as guilty?

edit on 10-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The amazing thing is not that people come up with this dribble, it's that so many others fan the fire and actually believe it. Half the stories are just created out of thin air by posters who misquote headlines or reword what they have read to sensationalize the otherwise mundane curiosity. Like the eating fetus thing. The article clearly states the use of cells in testing, and that gets changed to fetus in your food. However, I do come to ATS for a good read every day, and if it weren't for all the death, doom and gloom you read about, it would be boring. My main gripe is that it seems a lot of individuals don't bother to read the whole thread. I mean 6 or 8 pages into the fetus post, people are still saying they are going to quit eating and drinking those products... baaaaaaa.... sheep!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There is a lot of crazy sometimes
But there are also some realy good threads and interesting stuff from time to time. Just filter out the things you think are a little too far fetched.

Oh and NASA are awesome, nothing will ever change my opinion of that

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There is truth on ATS it's just gotten a little harder to find recently with all the doomsday posts. Just do your research and if something doesn't seem right, it most likely wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
yeah i would really like to know the Truth about the Norway spiral.
Still waiting

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Believe me. I won't lead you astray. I've been around long enough and have done enough research on any number of topics that you can pretty much take what I say straight to the bank.

Hope this helps!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

You are totally right and as just one example let's look at your reference to NASA. It was founded by a NAZI SS officer. Now, that just makes the CT nuts go nuts, but what ever happened? That's right, absolutely nothing. Nothing to see here. The world is totally at peace. Move along folks.

many of the "strange, insane, and senseless " experiments following the common theme of exposing humans to all manner of extremes such as heat, cold,radiation,sudden and abrupt acceleration, sudden drops in air pressure to near vacuum, etc: carried out in the nazi death camps; provided "valuable" and necessary data from which nasa's success derived. it is also obvious you've never heard of the black space programs: or you'd be aware of the fact that there are cosmonauts and possibly astronauts [the american black space prog has managed to keep its secrets better hidden than than the soviet] on one-way journeys to infinity, forever lost in space.

so much for "nuts" and nothing ever happened as for:

The world is totally at peace. Move along folks.

don't drink the kool-aid, and just say no to drugs

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

search is your friend

The Boy who cried Wolf – and how it applies to EVERY failed prediction and prophecy
it seems the disinfo is working

think for yourself, and reject authority.
edit on 11-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

join