It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Guy just keeps hanging in there.

Could be a surprise.

Strong debate last night.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
he's got my vote and i have never heard of him,Just going on your info

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Yeah - been a Newt fan, still a Newt fan. Don't like the other guys except I do like Ron Paul. Either one would make a great President. If you love the constitution, you have to love Newt.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Guy just keeps hanging in there.

Could be a surprise.

Strong debate last night.

I have to agree...not sure how his fundraising is lately, but that notwithstanding I could otherwise see him being in until Super Tuesday, if not beyond. He's quick, sharp and knowledgeable. My manager/friend is firmly of the belief that he's made entirely too many enemies in entirely too many circles to win the presidency, though.

Granted, I don't like his personal history and can't get behind some of his views (or his lack of interest in some of mine), but I do certainly enjoy watching him in the debates as I can appreciate the mind and the things I do agree with him on.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If he would apologize for being taken in by the Global Warming scam, I would be with him 100%.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sorry, but no. He said would place FDR on Mt. Rushmore, he is a true RINO.

2nd line same as first!
edit on 10/11/11 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
He's easily the most intelligent candidate running. However, I prefer Paul's economic policies. Either one would make a great president, better than anyone else running.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Newt is a sold out globalist tool, has been, will be. It needs to be stated, the obvious, sometimes. He's in bed with the two party system of lies, like everyone but Paul. At least that's the way it looks to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

It seems you know very little of Gingrich to make such a statement.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So it's Gingrich or Paul now?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Newt Gingrich committed over 80 ethics violations while on capital hill. How could anybody ever respect or want him as president?

I'd choose Huntsman over Gingrich and I don't even like the guy.

btw, anybody remember the name of the book on tearing down the Constitution and implementing fascist world government, which he wrote the foreword for?
edit on 13-11-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
he's got my vote and i have never heard of him,Just going on your info

Newt Gingrich is a well known pro war monger and a flip flooper.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I think he was just recently cleared of all ethics violations. I still wouldn't vote for him...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The violations were in regards to using a religious-political charitable organization contributions as tax deductions.

It was a big deal long ago, but in the current socio-political climate its nothing and can be completely avoided now by the systems set in place in the past few years. Its never brought up in the debates most likely due to these changes in the political environment.

Even though its partly comedy, I would recommend people watch the Colbert Report in regards to the state of ethics in current American politics. Most people simply don't care now about the kind of violations Newt was implicated in.

edit on 13/11/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Personally I believe he will go down in flames like the rest of them are. He has more baggage than the rest of the candidates combined.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Gingrich was indicted in an ethics investigation which basically showed him doing the same thing everyone else did... and far far less than is done today. There were no charges filed outside Congress, and the IRS has cleared the foundation that was involved with the 'scandal'. He also paid off the unprecedented fine of $300,000 with his own personal funds.

I remember his term as Speaker. Newt was solid and steadfast on his conservative positions, the exact opposite of a flip-flopper. He stood for less government (although admittedly to a lesser extent than Ron Paul) and more power to the states. He also stood for increased financial responsibility. Remember how great Clinton did with balancing the budget? Newt was in control of the House.

The ethics probe was nothing more than an underhanded way for Democrats to remove Newt. He was a thorn in their progressive sides. All of the ethics charges except one, a minor one at that, were dropped:

The House ethics committee dropped the three remaining ethics charges against Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) yesterday, despite finding that Gingrich repeatedly violated one rule by using a political consultant to develop the Republican legislative agenda.
Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

Although I was originally a Herman Cain supporter, I will vote for Speaker Gingrich in the primaries as it stands now. He is a true leader, a true conservative, and extremely intelligent. I believe he might have a chance, and if he does, maybe America has a chance.

Oh, and Paul is now my second choice. Up from third since Cain washed out.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Even conservative women hate Newt's guts for what he did to his first wife.

www.gainesvilletimes.com...
powerwall.msnbc.msn.com...

And without the ladies votes; you ain't got jack!
edit on 14-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Here is one lady that is for Newt!!!!
Even with two divorces he is a LOT better than what we have.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Don't forget Newt loves those Carbon Taxes! Mmmmmm mmmmm good. That's like the number one tip off for sold out globalist trash. Not to mention that he has supported any globalist agenda laid before him. He's a no go.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Simple thing he's too old. Old in age and old school. I'm 50 and I don't think I could support someone much over that. We need younger ideas and thinking not OLD OLD OLD!!

<<   2 >>

join