It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Sentient Species After Humans...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
DODO BIRDS!!!

Oh, wait...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Assuming evolution is correct, it would obviously be primates that evolve into.... more humans.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Assuming evolution is correct, it would obviously be primates that evolve into.... more humans.

i dont think it works like that.

chimps wont evolve into gorillas.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

Im sure he doesnt necessarily mean "humans" as they exist today. Probably more like... another member of the homo-sapien species.

Given enough time, I'm sure prime-apes will out-evolve cockroaches.

Well, im not so sure... but id like to think I am.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I agree with the answer Cats as well.

People seem to really really underestimate the intelligence, compassion, problem-solving skills, etc. that cats and other animals possess.

I believe cats have there own consciousness that is no less than that of humans.

A 1-2 year old human baby can't take care of themselves; A 1-2 year old can fend for themselves.

The reason why humans rule the planet is cause of the opposable thumb, language, bi-pedal, etc... But, if the Dinosaurs had better luck and weren't ripped out we wouldn't be here.

I'd also make the case that if humans where ripped out, monkeys would indeed replace us; Within a million years (Conservative estimate) they'd become just like us now. Or basically history would repeat

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Sea Otters, without a doubt!

And as you can see, they shall be the death of us all...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Religious fanatics, I think eventually they will evolve into intelligent species.

Oh..not what you meant.
Dolphins have proven very high IQ levels.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Religious fanatics, I think eventually they will evolve into intelligent species.

Oh..not what you meant.
Dolphins have proven very high IQ levels.

In some, actually most, ways dolphins have it better than humans.

They are intelligent with there own biological communications system, they roam the ocean and inhabit the true biggest territory; They have sex for fun and play; Except for the sick humans that hunt them Dolphines in many ways are above us. No war, no politics, etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It takes more than just intelligence. Crows, dolphins and dogs already have the intelligence of a 7 - 10 year old child. You need the ability to manipulate objects and create complex tools. Which leaves chimps and cephalapods.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
my vote is the raccoon First they already have oposible THUMBS second they have been and will be in a environment that not only encourages the development of intelligence but REQUIRES IT in order to survive.
Take any city raccoon ALIVE today and test his hers smarts against a Country raccoon and you will alreday see a HUGE difference in learning ability's and intelligence.
And its simply because a city raccoon that wants to live is forced to learn MUCH MUCH more much faster .
in teh woods his bigest problem is food its not like they run across even a cycoty every day now is it.
But EVERY DAY the city raccooon must be able to cross the streets with cars everyware without being hit that alone forces him to be smarter .
But even getting food wile theres a lot more grante you is even more of a challange as the dogs cats rats and piss humans try and make it harder for him
. So he can grabe things with his hands now hes in a envirment were the MORE smart he is teh better his chances are of living and it will only get harder and he will only get smart .
so no planet of the apes more like ewaks lolololoolol

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Artificial intelligent life form. It is matter of century, tops. If we will start a nuclear war and manage not to blow the planet itself in the process people in the shelters will need artificial limbs and brain power increase to survive. With time it will be more machine and less Human until traces of Humanity will dissapear totally.
And if all will be peaceful - economical pressure will cause the same.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join