It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greeks claim having found Alexander the Great’s tomb, Ark of the Covenant any info?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
09 November 2011
source

Athens. It is believed that the tomb of Alexander the Great and the Ark of the Covenant have been found on the Greek Island of Thasos, announced Russian Grekomania.ru, which is information partner of the Greek Minister of Culture and Tourism. Head of the research group Pitia Nikolaos Kumardzis announced that the findings emerged during amateur excavations. According to him, some unexpected results were reported during the excavations on Thasos Island. Greek researchers are convinced that the findings really are the tomb of Alexander the Great and the Ark of the Covenant.

that the only rumor I have anyone have any information on this?

thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
wow, wouldent that be something.

I never knew Alexander the great even found the ark, but by bible history is rusty

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

edit on 9-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: nm

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
A well,thats fine,alex might be a bit miffed at the unannounced house call, but at least the natives will have something to take their minds off all the future monetary woes

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well this could pull the Greeks out of debt.

Very fortuitous...or a scam?

Not that they'd be able to sell the Ark if it turns out to be true, but the tourism alone would make them rich.

Peace

edit on 9-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Possible because Alexander the Great took over what is now Israel so wouldn't be far fetch if he found the Ark

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I really hope it turns out to be a rumor on this. Finding the tomb is fine and dandy. Another archaeological site. More power to them on that part of it.

However, I can't think of a worse time since it disappeared from the world for the Ark of the Covenant to be located. This week, of all weeks, no less. That part is what I really hope with all my being is strictly rumor.

Wars could start over nothing more than possession of that artifact....IF it's the real deal.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I would be astounded to see Alexander's Tomb. Who knows what artifacts could be buried within him, setting aside the Ark for arguments sake.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yup i agree with to posts here..

it seems an almost perfect time for Greece to find the tomb and the Ark.. like tooo perfect!

and if "Gods choosen people" get the Ark (if it was infact real) im pretty certain Iran would have trumpets of jericho blasting down the nuclear production facilities within days

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Isn't the ark of the covenant somewhere in Ethiopia?

www.sacred-destinations.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Yeah far fetched yet remotely plausible which is why I posted it here. The only place I see the "Head Researchers" name on the net is at the start of this article.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That is exactly what I was thinking. It is pretty convenient that with all the financial problems Greece is going through that they would "find" 2 archeological gold mines.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow, thats scary news. I have just finished the book Armageddon conspiracy. ( Great book.) All about secret groups un earthing the Ark plus others. While all hell is breaking loose on earth. Reminds me what im seeing this year really.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They could make a fortune off that Ark if they let the compassionate care folks touch it.

Just saying.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

National Geographic in 2008 posted an article about artifacts etc. that they think may have belonged to Alexander the Greats ....Father and brother.

So...it seems to me...they may have found his remains.

edit on 9-11-2011 by caladonea because: correction

edit on 9-11-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
[align=right]
[/align]

Prehistory[align=center].spear-top....
[/align]

[align=[ats]

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
can you do anything about thouse....now
[alignments]

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Have you ever questioned if they found these discoveries and told MSM and the governments. If the other governments did not want this information out.......do you think they would announce it from the rooftops? Serious question.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'd be very surprised if this discovery were legitimate. Finding Alexander's tomb, I could... POSSIBLY understand (though why he'd be buried in Greece, I don't know. Babylon would make sense... there are some sketchy stories that would suggest Egypt, and/or later Rome, but... Greece?). I seriously doubt they've found the Ark of the Covenant though. I think there's a convincing case to be made that the Ark is in Ethiopia. Not airtight, but convincing.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
curious to the reliability of that website..... I couldn't seem to find any info on it

it is a little creepy though

doesn't Revelations say the ark is in heaven?

looks it up real fast - 11:19

Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant.

Does that mean Greece is Heaven?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join