It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remarkable Starlin Murmurmation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I came across this video. I thought it was pretty neat to watch.

It's Starlin Murmurmation ( A collection of Starlins)..

It's really beautiful, and kinda crazy. This video has been getting alot of attention on youtube and around the Net

www.youtube.com...

Here is a related news article
www.wired.com...

Here is another video I found that was posted a few years ago
in Denmark.

www.youtube.com...

I just thought it pretty cool to share.

Edit: Embed not working I have posted full links
edit on 9-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Being raised on farms and ranches that sends a chill up my spine. Starlings were imported to the US for their feathers for ladies hats and as pets. Now in the US we have horrible problems with them. I've seen them take out an entire orchard of Cherries. Once they roost in the trees they keep coming back every evening until they destroy the orchard.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I wanna fly too...

Lovely, just lovely.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

its an amazing sight isnt it,

there was a series on the BBC not too long ago about natures swarms - everything from birds, fish and insects..truly amazing look it up!

stu

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

A star and flag for you posting this, OP. The video was amazing (and I love the look on the girl's face at the very end), but the Wired Science article from the link you posted was just as amazing. It said

"Starling flocks, it turns out, are best described with equations of “critical transitions” — systems that are poised to tip, to be almost instantly and completely transformed, like metals becoming magnetized or liquid turning to gas. Each starling in a flock is connected to every other. When a flock turns in unison, it’s a phase transition."

Uhhhhh - they what? They behave like metals becoming magnetized?? Liquid turning to gas??

I went back and re-watched the video after reading the article - made it even more amazing.

Thanks again OP - I love this kind of stuff!

new topics

top topics

join