It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear - New biometrics security card to get you through airport security quicker...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I just randomy stumbled across this company's website.. Thought it was a bit bizarre. Got a deal invitation from LivingSocial and thought I'd look into it some..

Anyway, I'm just about to go to bed, but maybe some of you folks can let me know what you think about this...

Basically, the gist of it, is that you pay to get a 'card' then you 'scan in' through a kiosk using biometrics to somehow save time getting through airport security...

Currently at the Denver airport and in Orlando...

How it works:
clearme.com...

What you guys think of this? I want to look deeper into who's funding it and who's really behind it all.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

Source - Denver Post
Text come from article, i take no credits

New York-based company Alclear LLC is behind Clear Pass.

Alclear LLC in New York, NY is a private company categorized under Travel Agencies. Our records show it was established in 2010 and incorporated in New York. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $190,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1. Companies like Alclear LLC usually offer: Travel Cancellation Insurance, Global Travel Agency, Carlson Wagonlit Travel Agency, Korean Travel Agency and China Travel Agency.

Manta business Infos

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thanks for that overview..

I do want to dig a little deeper into this...

I just find it very unusual that people would be dumb enough to 'pay' to give out their finger prints and biometrics all in the name of... convenience.. Then again, people do anything for convenience these days...

I'm also trying to figure how on earth they somehow 'pass by' the regular security in the airport...

Here is an article showing this thing in action... (Note that blog post is from 2008 so it could be diff now)
www.somewhatfrank.com...

Here is another article talking about class action lawsuits... (From 2009)
www.lawyersandsettlements.com...

More pics..
farm3.static.flickr.com...
images.nymag.com...
msnbcmedia4.msn.com...
1.bp.blogspot.com...
www.wtop.com...

Another more recent blog post... (Nov 5)
themammamiablog.com...

And according to the end of her post.. Members who sign up, are put into an affiliate system.. Seeing as she's giving out promo codes for the service.

Something about this whole thing just doesn't seem right to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
I just randomy stumbled across this company's website.. Thought it was a bit bizarre. Got a deal invitation from LivingSocial and thought I'd look into it some..

Anyway, I'm just about to go to bed, but maybe some of you folks can let me know what you think about this...

Basically, the gist of it, is that you pay to get a 'card' then you 'scan in' through a kiosk using biometrics to somehow save time getting through airport security...

Currently at the Denver airport and in Orlando...

How it works:
clearme.com...

What you guys think of this? I want to look deeper into who's funding it and who's really behind it all.

I think this is already in Australia. I know each time i come though customs i can goto the new shiney gates, throw in my passport it flashes a bit, gives me a receipt and lets me back into my home country. Its certainly faster if there are lines at the manual checking queues.

new topics

top topics

join