It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian spacecraft failed in attempt to return to Phobos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I didn't open this thread in the Space Exploration topic because I think there's something going on. Some strange coincidences and odd timing between the rendezvous of the asteroid 2005 YU55, the launch of a NASA rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California on Oct. 28, allegedly carrying a weather satellite and the launch of a Russian Zenit-2SB rocket, allegedly carrying a new probe for Mars' moon, Phobos and a Chinese probe for Mars itself.
Before I go into the conspiracy, the Russian space agency reported a failure in the rocket system that compromised the whole mission:

Moscow, we have a problem -- again.

The Russian space program, already embarrassed by failed rocket tests that have delayed trips to the International Space Station, was dealt another blow Wednesday when its much heralded mission to Mars was revealed to be a dud.
The launch went off as planned, but the unmanned probe failed to follow the intended course, Interfax reported, citing the head of Russia's space agency. An engine failure reportedly was to blame.
The probe had been sent on a daring mission to reach Phobos, a moon of Mars, and to fly samples of its soil back to Earth.
The Phobos-Grunt (Phobos-Soil) craft was successfully launched by a Zenit-2 booster rocket at 12:16 a.m. Moscow time Wednesday from the Russian-leased Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
The $170 million endeavor was to be Russia's first interplanetary mission since Soviet times. A previous 1996 robotic mission to Mars ended in failure when the probe crashed in the Pacific following an engine failure.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Last night I saw a couple of threads here and in other forums, reporting that Richard Hoagland said on C2C, that the USAF launched a rocket from Vandenberg base, to intercept the YU55.
Actually they launched a rocket in Oct. 28.

Any chance of a joint USA-Russia to carry out a secret mission to YU55??

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
so you say

1. the russians sent a probe to mars which failed
2. the chinese sent a probe to mars
3. the US started a new weather satellite

correct ?

so from which drawer you now pulled the idea that a weather satellite is meant to intercept YU55 ?

they just launch out of Vandenberg for putting satellites in a polar orbit (nortpole-southpole). Such a trajectory being achieved starting southbound may not reach a high enough orbit to come even near YU55, cause the rocket needs much more speed in order to be able to get beyond the stationary orbit.

besides i heard nothing about a probe being about to be sent to YU55, they just wanted to make photos and do some radar imaging with earthbound equipment.

join