It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspirational - George the Jack Russel Terrier (OLD NEWS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Greetings all,

I know this is very old news (ca. 2007) but I found it so heartwarming and Inspirational I thought to share it with the members of ATS, for some feel-good vibes...

From Wikipedia:

George, (died 29 April 2007), was a Jack Russell Terrier from New Zealand who was posthumously awarded a PDSA Gold Medal in February 2009. He defended children from an attack by two Pit Bulls but subsequently died of his injuries.

George (Dog) - Wikipedia

As the owner of two Jack Russels, I have come to understand the determination and drive that these little guys have. They're veritable geniuses, with plenty of intelligence, compassion without limits, and cahones the size of Texas - looking into a mirror, im sure they see a bulldog instead of a mere Jack...

...Jack Russells tend to be extremely intelligent, athletic, fearless, and vocal dogs.[8] It is not uncommon for these dogs to become moody or destructive if not properly stimulated and exercised, as they have a tendency to bore easily and will often create their own fun when left alone to entertain themselves.[

Jack Russell Terrier

LINKS:

Tiny terrier sacrifices its life to save five children from pitbulls

One U.S. Vietnam Veteran who had heard the story, even went so far as to posthumously bestow his own Purple Heard on George, who he called "a little warrior" :

Purple Heart for brave George

I hope that this brings a spot of warmth and fuzziness to all, something other than OWS, recessions, asteroids and other gloominess...

~Havoc40k

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havoc40k
They're veritable geniuses, with plenty of intelligence, compassion without limits, and cahones the size of Texas - looking into a mirror, im sure they see a bulldog instead of a mere Jack...

That description really does sum up the breed.
They are great little dogs,I had one years back and she was such a tenacious,loyal clever little girl.
That story does not surprise me,my little Chloe would have stood up against a pack of lions to protect my little brother.

What a tear jerking story though...Poor creature deserved the honor and medal IMO.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Agreed, really is tear-jerking... Knowing how much I love my own two boys, I really could feel the emotions warming up when I read the story.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Sad story, but what a great dog.

I used to have a beautiful inteilligent Jack Russel terrier when I was younger until I came home from school one day to be told by my neighbor that my school bus driver swerved towards her and hit her!
My neighbor rung up the company and the driver lost his job! Was the one and only time she went out by the road aswell.. A**hole old man busdriver.

Anyway how does the owner manage to let his two Pit Bulls roam around?

Cases like this happen too often, uncontrolled viscious dogs with useless owners. They view their dog more as a trophy or a weapon rather than a pet!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Havoc40k

They may be small but they are mighty.These breeds are extremely loyal and have no fear,I have a Rat terrier(cousin to the Jack Russel) who shadows me everywhere I go,and would defend me to the death.

top topics

join