It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina State Dept Health forcibly STERILIZED 7,600 minority patients: Depop Pgms to Return?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com... -and-blacks

how and why did they get away with sterilizing almost 8 thousand North Carolinans and what else don't we know about that has happened elsewhere?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

sorry, but i find your thread title misleading. this was almost 40 years ago, and this "law" was repealed in 2003. when i read your title, i thought they are still practising it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I thought this was old news.

But, yes, many, many, too many people don't know about this.

And I know too many people who just accept this sort of thing as being, "okay".

They will rationalize it, they will ignore it, and say it can't happen again.

Like a friend of mine in Israel says, this is just bullsh*t. Democracies don't do such things. This is what dictators do..............

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I live in NC.... 8,000, huh, by looking around I wouldn't have guessed it. I am sure this is an isolated incident, no way anything like this ever happened more than once. Sheep.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Majority were not minority (60%).

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

The fact that it happened at all means it will happen again. It's only a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by kyred

The fact that it happened at all means it will happen again. It's only a matter of time.

So you believe in capital punishment or do you think it should simply be life in prison for all jailable offenses? If it happened once it will happen again, right? Personally I am for capital punishment for shoplifters, I don't want my tax dollars going towards life in prison.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
So you believe in capital punishment or do you think it should simply be life in prison for all jailable offenses? If it happened once it will happen again, right? Personally I am for capital punishment for shoplifters, I don't want my tax dollars going towards life in prison.

Neither. Nobody has any right to take a life unless it's direct and immediate defense of another life.

Life in prison is for jailable offenses? Well, what's a jailable offense? What's the cost/benefit of time v crime? If you want to get into this sham of a "justice" system we can in another thread. Lets not derail this one.

Regardless of my feelings about crime and punishment your point isnt relevant here since executing or imprisoning a murderer, for example, for life may prevent that specific murderer from murdering again (though prison security or lack of would change that) this is no way would prevent murder from happening.

Perhaps if we abolished departments with such clout and power to execute a massive scale violation such as this we could reasonably believe no other massive violation such as this would ever occur again but in a world where tyranny is so beloved I have my doubts of much support existing for the eradication of criminal tyrant organizations who manipulate general populations for grins and giggles.
edit on 9-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

top topics

join