It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend suddenly passed out, like the other "sudden illnesses"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I was in school, senior in college. He came in late, he was still traumatized. He said he was driving in his jeep, i asked if he felt anything before, he didnt, he felt fine, i asked if he drank enough water, etc.

Passing out from dehydration is common without realizing it, happened to me once. He drinks water, ate fine, felt fine, all of a sudden passed out while driving for about 7 seconds, he went through peoples yard and almost hit a tree, if he did, he would have died.

I wasnt with him, but this is his story. When i saw on the news about the 6 different schools, i didnt think anything of it, none of that stuff actually happens to me or is related to me, but this is serious, we need to wake up. This can happen to anyone at any time. Do i think its a virus? No, why? The whole school would have been infected, i would have, i sit right by him in class. If it is a virus or some kind of disease it would have spread. So whoever thinks this is a "flu" Ive never heard of a flu suddenly causing passing out, and someone earlier stated "strept throat". That has NO symptoms of anything. Ive had that i dont know how many times, no where near passing out suddenly, just coughing, things like that.

Im starting to get worried!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

Do i think its a virus? No, why? The whole school would have been infected,

You know this because you're a virologist, right?
Do you study the spread of diseases? Are you an epidemiologist?

i'm not, so I'm not going to say you're wrong. But I have a feeling you aren't either of those things either.

edit on 7-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 7-11-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Has he gotten tested for narcolepsy by chance? That actually makes people fall asleep for no reason at all with no warning for a few seconds.

Look it up, have him look it up and ask a doctor. It's a good start, at least. Scary stuff to be driving and have that happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
And disregard ghost there. It's a well known fact viruses spread; how else to people catch flues from each other or TB or chickenpox or stomach sickness and the sort. Really. Don't let other people's piddle paddle chase ya off. You raised a very valid point and a scary one. I send hope to your friend that he figures this out fast!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
And disregard ghost there. It's a well known fact viruses spread; how else to people catch flues from each other or TB or chickenpox or stomach sickness and the sort. Really. Don't let other people's piddle paddle chase ya off. You raised a very valid point and a scary one. I send hope to your friend that he figures this out fast!

Yes, viruses spread...but they don't spread to everyone.
He was trying to use the fact that not everyone was infected to suggest that it isn't a virus.
Viruses don't spread to everyone; therefore, this doesn't mean it isn't a virus.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Thats the first time he has ever experienced that. so none of those diseases. That was just my opinion, if it was a super virus, it would have spread to me, and other people. Unless it stays in the body for only a day or two. dont know

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Syncope is defined as a transient, self-limited loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone that is followed by spontaneous recovery.

[color=dodgerblue]Your friend?

He fainted.

Source

top topics

join