It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mediatation and obe's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I have always been interested in these sort of things and I want to start learning how to meditate and eventaully astro project. The thing is that I am scarred to do this or even attempt it. I have been told by several different people that doing this opens certain doorways that should not be opened. I am just wondering what your general thoughts are on this and how safe is it to do this?? As you can probaly tell I am a novice when it comes to this. I do think that I have come close to an obe on several occasions. I saw a post on here a while back about sleep paraylzes (sp?) is that the begining steps to projecting? Any help with this would be greatl appreciated.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I'fe read a ot about this subject and the only dangerous thing is you own mind. I'fe you are stable than there is nothing to fear, but if you have fears, are unstable, some kind of mind disease, then there can be trouble if you cant handle the impact of this kind of travel...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Check out these recent posts on meditation and OOBEs: ATS Search Results

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan
I'fe read a ot about this subject and the only dangerous thing is you own mind. I'fe you are stable than there is nothing to fear, but if you have fears, are unstable, some kind of mind disease, then there can be trouble if you cant handle the impact of this kind of travel...

I am very stable. I guess what I am reffering to and please correct me if I am wrong, from what I understand when you astro project your in the spirit world, and its my understanding that you at the point are visible to everything out there as they are to you and this could open a doorway to allow things in.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Go for it. The worst that can happen is that you'll die.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Being scared wont help you meditate or attempt to obe. You have to have a clear mind. If your thinking how are you going to meditate? Your physical body and your spiritual body are as one. When you have an obe.. your spritiual body is "seperated" from your physical body. Seperated is not the best word but your "soul" and body are 2 different things. They are one when in physical and 2 when in an obe. There are many astral websites that can help you learn to relax and concentrate. I suggest reading some experiences from ATS members and not other website exp. But thats my opionion. Yes, I have tried and tried again to have an obe. I have not successfully had one (with my own effort, had them when i was 7 yrs. old). Over the past few months, I have learned many new things and reconized the signs. In my exp. it is not something you can do right away. I beleive it takes time. How safe?? Trust in God. The only things to fear is what you create to fear. simple as that.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hi Creek : I have the same concerns as you about astral travel, I have had some experience getting out of body but i quickly snap back into place after getting scared. I have done a great deal of reading on the subject and there are alot of how to books out there on this as well. One time i had the most Lucid Dream about this i woke up in my dream and could control my movements, I was flying everywhere and trying to talk to people that i saw in my dream travels.When i noticed everywhere i went there was this one person following me, keeping a close eye on me. I was affraid if he caught up to me he would stop me from flying so i tried to ditch him. Im not sure if there are people who monitor the travels of lucid dreamers but this guy stuck to me like glue.
Parker

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
mediatation and obe's-
so what can you do if you meditate?
Can someone fill me in on this?

AK

new topics

top topics

join