It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zell Miller, everyone will find this interesting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Democracy doesn't matter to this Democrat, read the article about Zell Miller in this link below:
www.worldnetdaily.com...

_P.S. I'm sure the NWO believers will be interest in this also.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yeah, I do find that kind of interesting.

Although I think it is just another crazy Democrat trying to get more power in the hands of the government and away from the peopel.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, i find interesting he endorses Bush. What's he getting from it?
He's obviously not a democrat. Just registered as one.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Let me just chime in to say that our form of govenment is not a pure democracy. We are a representative republic. The senate was formed to be a stabilizing body on the often eratic and fickle house. It was to be made up of statesmen who had distinguished themselves in the service of their country and in the political arena. General public elections exclude some of the best legislators because they are far too influenced by appearances and do an attrocious job of evaluating a candidates actual ability and qualifications. The senate was intended to be a body of legislators that were the cream of the crop when it came to good judgement and sound decision making. That will never be the case so long as they are elected by the (I will get flamed for this but it is all too true) ignorant masses who look at hair color and demeanor more than principles and good decision making.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Zell is a CONSERVATIVE democrat. The Democratic party has jumped so far to the left that they have lost focus about what the ideals of America are. There are many Democratic Senators and COngressman that do NOT want Kerry to be elected. They know he is just a liberal as Teddy Kennedy. YOu ask why then do they not speak out? Simple, Zell is NOT running for reelection and therefore doesnt need his party's support to continue the free ride.

worldnetdaily.com...

NEW YORK � Sen. Zell Miller, a Democrat from Georgia, delivered a blistering attack on his own party tonight at the Republican convention here.

The man who delivered a keynote address for his own party in 1992, tonight indicted the Democrats as a party that has been hijacked by leadership that cannot be trusted with American security.

"Like you, I ask which leader it is today that has the vision, the will power and, yes, the backbone to best protect my family?" he asked. "The clear answer to that question has placed me in this hall with you tonight. For my family is more important than my party."

While noting that the two parties have worked together in the past to ensure freedom would not falter, he said Democratic Party presidential nominee John Kerry could not be trusted to continue that tradition.

"Motivated more by partisan politics than by national security, today's Democratic leaders see America as an occupier, not a liberator," he said. "They don't believe there is any real danger in the world except that which America brings upon itself through our clumsy and misguided foreign policy. It is not their patriotism - it is their judgment that has been so sorely lacking."

He continued: "John Kerry wants to re-fight yesterday's war. George Bush believes we have to fight today's war and be ready for tomorrow's challenges. George Bush is committed to providing the kind of forces it takes to root out terrorists."

Miller decried the lack of bipartisanship in American leadership � particularly when it comes to foreign affairs.

"Now, while young Americans are dying in the sands of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan, our nation is being torn apart and made weaker because of the Democrat's manic obsession to bring down our commander in chief," he said. "What has happened to the party I've spent my life working in? I can remember when Democrats believed that it was the duty of America to fight for freedom over tyranny."

Miller, a Marine, said nothing makes him madder than when American troops are called "occupiers" rather than "liberators."

"Tell that to the one-half of Europe that was freed because Franklin Roosevelt led an army of liberators, not occupiers," he said. "Tell that to the lower half of the Korean Peninsula that is free because Dwight Eisenhower commanded an army of liberators, not occupiers. Tell that to the half a billion men, women and children who are free today from the Baltics to the Crimea, from Poland to Siberia, because Ronald Reagan rebuilt a military of liberators, not occupiers."

Miller reminded Americans that "it is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives that protester the freedom to abuse and burn that flag."

"But don't waste your breath telling that to the leaders of my party today," he said. "In their warped way of thinking America is the problem, not the solution."

Miller singled out for special criticism the two senators from Massachusetts � Kerry and Ted Kennedy.

"Together, Kennedy-Kerry have opposed the very weapons system that won the Cold War and that is now winning the War on Terror," said Miller. "Listing all the weapon systems that Senator Kerry tried his best to shut down sounds like an auctioneer selling off our national security but Americans need to know the facts."

He listed:

The B-1 bomber that dropped 40 percent of the bombs in the first six months of Operation Enduring Freedom.

The B-2 bomber that delivered air strikes against the Taliban in Afghanistan and Hussein's command post in Iraq.

The F-14A Tomcats that shot down Gadhafy's Libyan MIGs over the Gulf of Sidra and the modernized version that delivered missile strikes against Tora Bora.

The Apache helicopter that took out those Republican Guard tanks in Kuwait in the Gulf War.

The F-15 Eagles that flew cover over our Nation's Capital and this very city after 9/11.
"I could go on and on and on -- against the Patriot Missile that shot down Saddam Hussein's scud missiles over Israel; against the Aegis air-defense cruiser; against the Strategic Defense Initiative; against the Trident missile; against, against, against," continued Miller. "This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of our U.S. Armed Forces? U.S. forces armed with what? Spitballs?"

Miller said Kerry has made it clear that he would use military force only if approved by the United Nations.

"Kerry would let Paris decide when America needs defending," he said. "I want Bush to decide."

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
Let me just chime in to say that our form of govenment is not a pure democracy. We are a representative republic. The senate was formed to be a stabilizing body on the often eratic and fickle house. It was to be made up of statesmen who had distinguished themselves in the service of their country and in the political arena. General public elections exclude some of the best legislators because they are far too influenced by appearances and do an attrocious job of evaluating a candidates actual ability and qualifications. The senate was intended to be a body of legislators that were the cream of the crop when it came to good judgement and sound decision making. That will never be the case so long as they are elected by the (I will get flamed for this but it is all too true) ignorant masses who look at hair color and demeanor more than principles and good decision making.

How true it is, that is why they dont want term limits....

new topics

top topics

join