It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

hyp·o·crite noun \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\ Definition of HYPOCRITE 1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion 2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings — hypocrite adjective See hypocrite defined for English-language learners » See hypocrite defined for kids » Examples of HYPOCRITE the hypocrites who criticize other people for not voting but who don't always vote themselves We can learn a good deal about the manners and morals of the times from Lautrec, for he was neither a hypocrite nor a sentimentalist, and there is a matter-of-fact-ness about his vision … that precludes both nostalgia and prurience. —Elizabeth Cowling, Times Literary Supplement, 8 Nov. 1991 [+]more Origin of HYPOCRITE Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritēs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai First Known Use: 13th century

www.merriam-webster.com...
I submit to you that i have found no human alive to be without hipocrisy.
It seems that we have been brainwashed to pass judgement rather than to pass truth and strive for better lives.
My point being that the only way to have a moral compass is for someone usually through hypocrisy to instill in you a sense of wrong and right.

One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others. ~Moliere
Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all. ~William Shakespeare, Henry VI

That which we call sin in others is experiment for us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Experience," Essays, 1844
All of us are experts at practicing virtue at a distance. ~Theodore M. Hesburgh

If it were not for the intellectual snobs who pay, the arts would perish with their starving practitioners - let us thank heaven for hypocrisy. ~Aldous Huxley

Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. ~H.G. Wells

The injury we do and the one we suffer are not weighed in the same scales. ~Aesop, Fables

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar for 1894

The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide

Almost all of us long for peace and freedom; but very few of us have much enthusiasm for the thoughts, feelings, and actions that make for peace and freedom. ~Aldous Huxley

The devil loves nothing better than the intolerance of reformers. ~James Russell Lowell

A world without hypocrisy is not worth living and is inconceivable to me. deadeyedick

I am searching for truth in the matter so don't hold back.
Mods.,I'm not sure if this is the right forum.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I disagree with Deadeyedick. We CAN live in a world without Hypocrisy, but see, we can't now, because the people that lead us are so full of it, we have been spoon fed it, little by little. Since we were in first grade in school. My teacher would say "Do as I say, not as I do." My parents would say the same thing. Good post though.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Your point is valid except when it effects other people monies.

AKA Nancy Pelosi. It's NOT ok to say "do as I say,not as I do" when your in charge of the American peoples money.

Not cool.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

We CAN live in a world without Hypocrisy, but see, we can't now, because the people that lead us are so full of it, we have been spoon fed it, little by little
reply to post by Mythfury

The reason i can't conceive a world without hypocrisy is i feel is that it has never happened in history.
I have thoughts of heaven and maybe there will be no hypocrisy there but it sounds boring.
Now don't get me wrong i have faith but there is truth to what i'm saying and if we ever want to get to that place i think we must all envision something greater than hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Without hypocrisy, people would never find others wrong and therefore we'd be in a boring, clinical society and I don't think I could cope with having to agree with others about things. It's bad enough I have to put up with people telling me which music, tv, movies, trends and videogames are popular and fashionable to like and enjoy but at least with hypocrisy I get to tell them how unrealistic that is and how in one sentence they say something I like is bad but then enjoy something which claims to be what I like.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

edit on 4-11-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

top topics

join