It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd in the sky here in Louisville tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
One of kids called me outside to look at some thing in the sky about an hour or so ago....it was a very bright light in the west sky. I was very bright and every so often a red light would circle around. It was completely stationary...DH said perhaps a satellite? It's gone now, but my son said it was there also last night....

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Red light? As in laser-like red light, or red ball of light? Please give further info. Sounds like no satellite I've seen or heard of as of yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I couldn't really tell. I am assuming it was either circling around the bight light, or flashing on and off every few seconds as it was on continually. I'm going to check tonight and see if is there

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hard to say it could be a plane. I have often statd to a friend that the best night camo a UFO could have would be a blinking red light.

The light's I have seen dart left and right erradictly and appear to travel miles in seconds then vanish. The speed is so fast its like shining a laser pointer on the wall but the wall is the sky and shaking it all over the place.
Even if the objest were 10 feet in front of me it would seem impossible to cover the whole sky that fast. If they were miles away then the speed must be phenominal and the ability to turn instantly is incredible.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
ladyv it was likely a helicompter, your in Ky and tis the season to harvest our unofficial state cash crop, the choppers are out in full force lately with red night vision lighting looking foa few good buds.

Just a guess though......

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
ladyv it was likely a helicompter, your in Ky and tis the season to harvest our unofficial state cash crop, the choppers are out in full force lately with red night vision lighting looking foa few good buds.

Just a guess though......
Welllllllllllllll...I dunno...we watched it for a good half hour an it never moved...not an inch! Then it was just gone..I'd forgotten about, I'm gonna go look right now and see if it's there becsue it was there the night before last too.....if

EDIED: Raining........an't see a thing

[edit on 9/2/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
LadyV, i'm in cincinnati,oh and about 10 minutes ago my beau and i were sitting outside and saw a lovely light(definitely not a plane). it was white and red light and like you said...it didn't move. we live in the area of the greater cincinnati airport and see planes all the time. definitely not a plane. wonder what it was?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Dunno of it means anything, but I live in the UK, and recently i have seen something in the sky that sounds just like what lady V is describing... a very bright star, with an occasional red light....

Now, it could be a plane, as I live near Heathrow, but it doesn't move for ages, and then just vanishes...and i know what a plane looks like. Brightness wise, I would say it is the brightest thing in the sky apart from the moon, and the red flashy thing is odd...its like only part of it goes red, then blinks off after a while.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Dunno of it means anything, but I live in the UK, and recently i have seen something in the sky that sounds just like what lady V is describing... a very bright star, with an occasional red light....

Now, it could be a plane, as I live near Heathrow, but it doesn't move for ages, and then just vanishes...and i know what a plane looks like. Brightness wise, I would say it is the brightest thing in the sky apart from the moon, and the red flashy thing is odd...its like only part of it goes red, then blinks off after a while.

EXACTLY! I know it's not a plane....I live in the flight path and see planes a lot...this is no plain...it just sits...its odd.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
strange that peeps have seen it all over...wonder what it is, I might try and get some pics, if anyone else can too we could compare to see if they are the same?

top topics

join