It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swift Boat Vet Gets 40M$ From Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Oh come on. Kerry has never said he would go to Paris for permission, you are just spouting out Republican talking points.

I am sorry if the thought of a president focused on world affairs scares you but historically we are safer if we have the majority of the world behind us. The US is not the only country in the world as so many Americans seem to think. There are actually other people outside our borders (something I bet you did not even know).

Kerry's point is that he would work to find out what the differences are and try to bring everyone together. Not walk out of his ranch with a swagger and slam another nation and then do something that he could not even get half of his own country to support. But then I guess you don't feel that a divided country means much as long as your side is in power.

The RNC last night slammed the rest of the world by demeaning the UN. If the UN is broken (which I think it might be) a good leader would work to fix the problems instead of simply bitching about it. It is obvious why Bush has failed to succesfully run a company, he doesn't understand the basics of business and negotiation.

Maybe one day one of the republicans will talk about something other than terror and how "near to god" GWB is. Of course I am not holding my breath, although I would love to be in DC next January when Bush packs up and goes to his ranch for good. Of course he will barely notice the change since he spends so much time there anyway.

Funny, I thought you liberals lived and died for Ivy league grads. Bush has a MBA from Havard, as well as an undergratuate degree from Yale. Kerry was a polysci major at Yale and a lawyer. so how has the better head for business? gotta go with someone who has run a company. What has Kerry ran? Career politician who only knows how to get people to send him money. Kerry was AWOL for 20 years in the Senate, the man wants to be commander in chief, but he doesn't want to pay his troops. I quess that's because they are not his kind of people.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Rant don't waste your breath, this forum tells you why the US political structure is going down the gutters, the political candidates are in race a race paid by the elite, they have them in chest board and they are the ones to move the pieces at will.

They buy and sell politicians to the highest bidder, and they put in the white house the candidate that will serve them better went it comes to make their coffers fatter, and they will use any thing available to burn the candidate they don't want.

Do you think they care for the citizens of this country? Why we are nothing than sheep in their eyes and nothing more than slaves.

Keep us happy with a few crumbs of "sense of democracy" let us go to the polls and lets us think that we are making a decision and making a diference and that will keep us happy and satisfy for another 4 years.

The citizens of this country have lost their ability of grasping reality a long time ago.

The more you try to show the true the more you get bash for it.

We are nothing, anymore to the two main political parties in this country.

By the time this country wakes up most of the potential leaders will be gone on in jail for seen the truth and rest of the nation will be under control.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Rant don't waste your breath, this forum tells you why the US political structure is going down the gutters, the political candidates are in race a race paid by the elite, they have them in chest board and they are the ones to move the pieces at will.

They buy and sell politicians to the highest bidder, and they put in the white house the candidate that will serve them better went it comes to make their coffers fatter, and they will use any thing available to burn the candidate they don't want.

Do you think they care for the citizens of this country? Why we are nothing than sheep in their eyes and nothing more than slaves.

Keep us happy with a few crumbs of "sense of democracy" let us go to the polls and lets us think that we are making a decision and making a diference and that will keep us happy and satisfy for another 4 years.

The citizens of this country have lost their ability of grasping reality a long time ago.

The more you try to show the true the more you get bash for it.

We are nothing, anymore to the two main political parties in this country.

By the time this country wakes up most of the potential leaders will be gone on in jail for seen the truth and rest of the nation will be under control.

Marg, both Kerry and Bush are elitist, Both are Bonemen, and both come from New England area, historically. One maybe more conservative but both are cut from the same cloth. be afraid, very afraid.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls

Marg, both Kerry and Bush are elitist, Both are Bonemen, and both come from New England area, historically. One maybe more conservative but both are cut from the same cloth. be afraid, very afraid.

finally we agree on something, but because I know already who bush is been favor by and is the big oil companies, I will like a change and see how Kerry is going to take this country away from the dependency of it, is just game, and I am just a spectator just like most of us the citizens of this country.

I wonder how can you tried to take away a power and substitute with another power, and if Kerry gets away with taking the dependency of oil I wonder how long will the powerful will let him get away with it.

Like I said is just a game.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Marg, You are right it is a game. I do know that Kerry while being a left wing liberal is not as "green" as one would think. He and his wife have a lot of stock and financial interest in several Oil companies including Haliburton. Believe it or not I am socially more liberal than you think, But I am very conservative financially. I believe in empowering the individual where the Democrats believe in empowering the government.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
jrsdls,

You have to understand that oil is one of the hottest chips to buy if you belong to the elite, so imagine everybody that can afford it will have it.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree, but why viserate Bush and Cheney over it, when Kerry has the same holdings? I really see the hypocracy in the Democrats when they claim that Bush is an Elitist so vote for Kerry. just another example of fear-mongering and demogoary used by the Democrats. Fear is a powerfull force. If you shout long enough and loud enough people will believe that you speak the truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
jrs- perhaps its the way Bush went to get the oil that's disturbing. While its true Kerry is a bonesman, and may be after oil, he hasnt Done anything to be judged on. For that matter, I'm a murderer who has never killed. Would that make me a criminal? I dont think so. I have never acted on this.(Thank God)

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This boy is hyperbole central!!

The argument now is that the Republican House and the Republican Senate DON'T TAKE cues from the Republican White House!?! Did I see a disclaimer attached to Haliburton's no bid no accounting War of First Resort contracts? You boys really expect to stretch that rubberband, don't ya?
Damn, I mean I've fudged deliverables on a couple projects but COME ON NOW!!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
democrats, republicans - 2 wings of the same bird.
probably a phoenix.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by fawlty

DC, I cant give you word for word, but Bush was hailed as Jesus on earth.
I was laying in a fetal position, thumb in my mouth and crying for mommy most of the time, and by the time Cheney spoke, of how true, patriotic and how much this administration will take care of us, I crawled to the bathroom so I wouldnt go on myself. All this while the house cried out "4 more years, 4more years!!!!!
Please tell me why I shouldnt go up on my roof!

Jump!...Do it!

You claim that the RNC is both satanic and bible thumping. Which one is it? Just like Kerry, you say one thing and you say the exact opposite just a few moments later.

Those are not ties at all. As was mentioned previously, George Bush does not write defense contract checks. Those are approved through elected committees.

Interesting that you dont mention the ties between KErry/Edwards to moveon.org and their anti-bush hitler ads. Nor do you mention the money Kerry's wife gives to violent liberal groups that are on the FBI watchlist. None of it matters though, Kerry is on a downward spiral and is going to lose this election.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by fawlty]
Satanic and bible thumping all in the same breath! YES. All in the same breath! Anti Bush Hitler ads? But, dear, its true.... This man is Hitler personified, and its time to wake up!
As far as for me flipflopping, I dont think so. You mean I was sarcastic? Yes. I'm at a loss for words when it comes to this administration. As a true patriot, I wish only to preserve this nation and what we've always stood for. This SATANIC man in the white house is working very hard to strip us of our freedoms, and his ambition is to be dictator. If you cant see this, then so be it. ** heads for the roof**

Just a question, not an attack here. Since you say the Anit-Bush Hitler ads are ok because they are "true", wouldn't that mean that the Kerry Swift Boat ads would be ok if they are true?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
A man receives a government contract. Do you know how many Democrats receive government contracts? Are the recipients of government contract to be silenced from political speech? Does anyone know the about all the regulations that go into the awarding of government contracts. My guess is that this contract went to the lowest bidder, just as all contracts go the lowest bidder.

Uh, According to the Washington Post article it was not a contract, but a grant. THose are two different creatures, entirely.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Just a question, not an attack here. Since you say the Anit-Bush Hitler ads are ok because they are "true", wouldn't that mean that the Kerry Swift Boat ads would be ok if they are true?
Well, as it happens, if you look at the new postings, you will see that the Bush administration is behind paying swift boat vet $40m $$$$. Need I say more?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Well, as it happens, if you look at the new postings, you will see that the Bush administration is behind paying swift boat vet $40m $$$$. Need I say more?

Acutally, yes, you need to say more. In one of my earlier posts I mentioned that the Admiral was not involved in the ads, he just backed them up. The vets in the ads were not paid 40 million dollars (neither was the Admiral for that matter).

My question was since you implied the Kerry connection to the Bush-Hitler ads (not that I've seen a connection) was justified because it is "true" wouldn't it be ok for the Swift Boat ads? I'm not arguing sides, just looking for consistancy.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There are some very obvious resemblances between Bush and Hitler. To say that they are is not quite what I meant. First of all, Hitler did his damnest to do all he could for the people at the beginning. Bush has done nothing for the people of this land. Hitler had a mind(perverse that it was) and Mr. Bush's mind is mush. Their agenda has many similarities however. A little google search of this will get you much on this subject.
No, Bush isnt Hitler. yet.
Kerry, my opinion, is a blah personality, is not quite the "dream president" and I never said he was. He's also a bonesman and his agenda is no much different than Bushe's. However, I dont think he has the immediate need to make a drastic change and therefore I would say he's safer to vote for than Bush. On the matter of his war "lies" I say that's silly, he at least WENT into harms way to fight for his country and if he didnt bleed enough, or if he shot himself in the foot, or whatever the lies to discredit him are, are exactly that. Just lies to discredit him and favor Bush's sagging polls.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join