It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swift Boat Vet Gets 40M$ From Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Arlan Spectre and the HOUSE awarded this contract folks NOT the Whitehouse... Try again...

DENY IGNORANCE.

m...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
"You did it." "No, you did it." "It's your fault." "No, it's yours." "MOM!" Damn I can't wait for this election to be done, maybe we can get so intelligence back on the board.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

Originally posted by dgtempe
DC, it was a bible thumping, satanic ritual followed by the drinking of blood by all present. Cheers!

So it was similar to the DNC?

Just joking. I think we can all agree both parties will say just about anything to win over the majority as they see it.

With regards to the RNC, I was actually looking for some more specifics.

The differences: While the DNC went out of it's way to present a positive vision for America and not mention Bush...at least as little as possible in any bashing sense... And asked all it's delegates to not wear bush bashing items (and were MOCKED by Republican pundits for trying to not look mean (whatever that means in RNC evil)...the RNC took another tact.

They trash Kerry by name at every opportunity when not whoring the 9/11 tragedy (sometimes fusing both 9/11 and Kerry mocking) while their delegates wear band-aids and mock purple hearts belittling Kerry's service in Vietnam and tonight they had flip flop shoes on their hands as Cheney mentioned Kerry...singing flip flop flip flop.

Cheney also pulled out the old "sentive war" mangling of Kerry's speech from over two weeks ago despite being shown Cheney was wrong and even Bush uses that word.

Just standard Republican hate fest. You know the drill by now.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Arlan Spectre and the HOUSE awarded this contract folks NOT the Whitehouse... Try again...

DENY IGNORANCE.

m...

That makes as much sense as saying Halliburton is non partisan because their no bid contracts come from tax payers.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Grady, with all due respect, are you also paid by Bush?
Its out in the open. This administration LIED again. This was a bribe. This was all set to tarnish Kerry.
You have to deal with this bit of news, just like we deal with all the tricks and lies to our side. Only, THIS is going to skim off points in the polls for Mr. Bush.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Only, THIS is going to skim off points in the polls for Mr. Bush.

I wish. But it'll never make air play. The truth isn't newsworthy.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

DC, I cant give you word for word, but Bush was hailed as Jesus on earth.
I was laying in a fetal position, thumb in my mouth and crying for mommy most of the time, and by the time Cheney spoke, of how true, patriotic and how much this administration will take care of us, I crawled to the bathroom so I wouldnt go on myself. All this while the house cried out "4 more years, 4more years!!!!!
Please tell me why I shouldnt go up on my roof!

Jump!...Do it!

You claim that the RNC is both satanic and bible thumping. Which one is it? Just like Kerry, you say one thing and you say the exact opposite just a few moments later.

Those are not ties at all. As was mentioned previously, George Bush does not write defense contract checks. Those are approved through elected committees.

Interesting that you dont mention the ties between KErry/Edwards to moveon.org and their anti-bush hitler ads. Nor do you mention the money Kerry's wife gives to violent liberal groups that are on the FBI watchlist. None of it matters though, Kerry is on a downward spiral and is going to lose this election.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by fawlty]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So you are saying Rant, that back in February, Carl Rove or somebody went to Congress and said "We need to give these guys a contract cause if Kerry gets the nom, he will run on his war record and this guy will form an org to slam him in the media."

Or just maybe, a retired Admiral works for a defense industries company that bid on military hardware and won a contract.

Hmmm. Which one sounds more plausible...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by fawlty

DC, I cant give you word for word, but Bush was hailed as Jesus on earth.
I was laying in a fetal position, thumb in my mouth and crying for mommy most of the time, and by the time Cheney spoke, of how true, patriotic and how much this administration will take care of us, I crawled to the bathroom so I wouldnt go on myself. All this while the house cried out "4 more years, 4more years!!!!!
Please tell me why I shouldnt go up on my roof!

Jump!...Do it!

You claim that the RNC is both satanic and bible thumping. Which one is it? Just like Kerry, you say one thing and you say the exact opposite just a few moments later.

Those are not ties at all. As was mentioned previously, George Bush does not write defense contract checks. Those are approved through elected committees.

Interesting that you dont mention the ties between KErry/Edwards to moveon.org and their anti-bush hitler ads. Nor do you mention the money Kerry's wife gives to violent liberal groups that are on the FBI watchlist. None of it matters though, Kerry is on a downward spiral and is going to lose this election.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by fawlty]
Satanic and bible thumping all in the same breath! YES. All in the same breath! Anti Bush Hitler ads? But, dear, its true.... This man is Hitler personified, and its time to wake up!
As far as for me flipflopping, I dont think so. You mean I was sarcastic? Yes. I'm at a loss for words when it comes to this administration. As a true patriot, I wish only to preserve this nation and what we've always stood for. This SATANIC man in the white house is working very hard to strip us of our freedoms, and his ambition is to be dictator. If you cant see this, then so be it. ** heads for the roof**

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
So you are saying Rant, that back in February, Carl Rove or somebody went to Congress and said "We need to give these guys a contract cause if Kerry gets the nom, he will run on his war record and this guy will form an org to slam him in the media."

Or just maybe, a retired Admiral works for a defense industries company that bid on military hardware and won a contract.

I'm saying the ONLY saving graze this Kerry detractor had over all the others that were decimated and discredited not only as proven liars but intimately linked to the Rove/Bush camp, was that his supporters were claiming this one was finally...

UNPARTISAN

All of which just got revealed as pure crap. All these influences (see entire list of associations in first page link) are worthy of consideration in evaluating the man's sudden change of heart about speaking out (which he didn't for years). Why not? Why change now? It's highly suspect if not damning. All I'm saying.

I also never implied he got the contract for his later allegations. Just it's an influence in his "coming out" and warrants the removal of the "non partisan" label ENTIRELY. It's no longer viable.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
All of which just got revealed as pure crap. All these influences (see entire list of associations in first page link) are worthy of consideration in evaluating the man's sudden change of heart about speaking out (which he didn't for years). Why not? Why change now? It's highly suspect if not damning. All I'm saying.

OR...

We could take a retired Admiral at his word and beleive that he simply couldn't stand by and allow Kerry to spread his BS anymore.

I am utterly torn up over this miserable election. Shrub and Bull#ter, HOW do we win in this deal?!

m...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

That makes as much sense as saying Halliburton is non partisan because their no bid contracts come from tax payers.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by RANT]

You obvisouly haven't done your homework on those contracts, they were bid on and WON by Big Red back in 1991...

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY...

m...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Rant, the real point here is not the this guy or whether or not what he says is true. The real issue is whether we should listen to the 527 groups on either side at all. The political process in the U.S. is complex enough without external bulls**t fom either side.

It is my hope that intelligent voters on both sides have ignored these ads from Swift Vets and Moveon and done ther own research to come to their own conclusions.

You want to help the country have a more informed opinion, put the word out... 527 organizations are PARTISAN!!! Don't believe everything they say!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Satanic and bible thumping all in the same breath! YES. All in the same breath! Anti Bush Hitler ads? But, dear, its true.... This man is Hitler personified, and its time to wake up!
As far as for me flipflopping, I dont think so. You mean I was sarcastic? Yes. I'm at a loss for words when it comes to this administration. As a true patriot, I wish only to preserve this nation and what we've always stood for. This SATANIC man in the white house is working very hard to strip us of our freedoms, and his ambition is to be dictator. If you cant see this, then so be it. ** heads for the roof**

Calling Bush a satanist and saying he is like Hitler is going way overboard. When nutcases like you say those things it only turns away normal people from your candidate. They dont want to be associated with people like you. You are helping George Bush win another term...so thank you.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fawlty

I would have said he was no good, but I wouldnt have gotten my point across. HE IS EVIL. Most of us think this way. Its nothing new. What else would you call a war criminal?

Calling Bush a satanist and saying he is like Hitler is going way overboard. When nutcases like you say those things it only turns away normal people from your candidate. They dont want to be associated with people like you. You are helping George Bush win another term...so thank you.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Continue bashing the messenger. I've yet to hear about the real subject in this post. The fact that Bu#es paid vets to undermine and BAD-mouth Kerry. Where are your opinions?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Continue bashing the messenger. I've yet to hear about the real subject in this post. The fact that Bu#es paid vets to undermine and BAD-mouth Kerry. Where are your opinions?

Allow me to summarize for you...

mirthful me: Civics class please

Appropriations come from the House of Representatives, and typically contracts (Defense) go through a lengthy analysis. To read this, you would think old George W. whipped out his checkbook to scribble a quick $40 extra large to any taker that could drive a nail in the Kerry Campaign coffin.

dcgolf: Actually, Rear Adm. William L. Schachte Jr. was not part of the Swift Boat Ads. He did, however, back up their story. To claim that the ads were "bought " by the current administration is irresponsible.

Grady Philpott: A man receives a government contract. Do you know how many Democrats receive government contracts? Are the recipients of government contract to be silenced from political speech? Does anyone know the about all the regulations that go into the awarding of government contracts. My guess is that this contract went to the lowest bidder, just as all contracts go the lowest bidder.

Springer: Ummm...

DENY IGNORANCE.

Me: So you are saying Rant, that back in February, Carl Rove or somebody went to Congress and said "We need to give these guys a contract cause if Kerry gets the nom, he will run on his war record and this guy will form an org to slam him in the media."

So to answer your question... They didn't.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I believe you guys believe all that. I really do.

You must think close ties to an organization and huge boat loads of cash don't influence political opinion and decisions or you wouldn't defend any of these people or EVER allow Cheney near power.

But sadly belief does not make it true.

I don't know the man's a liar, but I do know he's tainted. If not by influence, then credibility. He was before this ever came up by his associations. So like we all do anyway, believe what you will. I said NOTHING in that ATSNN Admiral thread about him being wrong or right or anything, until this came up.

Now all I'm saying is hmmmmm. That is the only intellectually honest position one can take on him now in my opinion. He's moot.

And as long as the dreaded "H" word came up...just got this in a DNC press release today highlighting Cheneyfest tonight:

~Halliburton was awarded a no-bid contract worth more than $7 billion for the rebuilding of Iraq.
~This contract was "coordinated" by the vice president's own office. That same year, 2003, Dick Cheney received $178,437 in "deferred compensation" from Halliburton.
~Reports show that Halliburton drastically overcharged America for gas being imported into Iraq, and skimped on basic services to troops like providing clean working conditions and safe food.
~In all, Halliburton has overcharged the U.S. government $186 million. They even used tax dollars to pay an employee in Iraq $82,000 a year to "walk around and look busy."
~Dick Cheney is watching out for Halliburton, and Halliburton is watching out for Dick Cheney. A recently filed 2003 financial disclosure form reveals that Halliburton invoked an insurance policy last year to indemnify Cheney for what could be steep legal bills "arising from his service" at the company.

The example here being I'm sure you guys would defend (or try to refute) every one of these points refusing to believe Dick Cheney could ever be anything less than an upstanding member of the Republican party sworn to bipartisanly uphold the Constitution over all else and NEVER engage in these shenanigans.

Just like you think the good Admiral (and government contractor) must certainly be a stand up guy (though not the unpaid crew members of Kerry's boat). :shk:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
let me see, moveon.org website, Democrat attempt to smear the swifties and anyone else who challenges them. Pure Evil, I would suggest that having to go to France for permission to use our military is pure evil. I trust a man like Zell Miller who has seen Kerry first hand in action, more than i would some film-maker. Both are Democrats, this is what makes Millers attack much more stronger, he's seen the future with Kerry and has moved on.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Oh come on. Kerry has never said he would go to Paris for permission, you are just spouting out Republican talking points.

I am sorry if the thought of a president focused on world affairs scares you but historically we are safer if we have the majority of the world behind us. The US is not the only country in the world as so many Americans seem to think. There are actually other people outside our borders (something I bet you did not even know).

Kerry's point is that he would work to find out what the differences are and try to bring everyone together. Not walk out of his ranch with a swagger and slam another nation and then do something that he could not even get half of his own country to support. But then I guess you don't feel that a divided country means much as long as your side is in power.

The RNC last night slammed the rest of the world by demeaning the UN. If the UN is broken (which I think it might be) a good leader would work to fix the problems instead of simply bitching about it. It is obvious why Bush has failed to succesfully run a company, he doesn't understand the basics of business and negotiation.

Maybe one day one of the republicans will talk about something other than terror and how "near to god" GWB is. Of course I am not holding my breath, although I would love to be in DC next January when Bush packs up and goes to his ranch for good. Of course he will barely notice the change since he spends so much time there anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join