It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Legalistic Theories About Christianity Debunked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

This is the product of a few years of answering questions from legalism of all shapes and sizes. I hope it helps.
Basically its shows how if you understand the old testament prophecies of the new covenant, you can understand Jesus and the new covenant. I also talk in depth about 1John and other passages usually sited in support of types of legalism.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just watched the whole video, good stuff.

Jim Staley with Passion for Truth might interest you. He's got 100's of sermons/videos on Youtube.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
"Keeping the law is the evidence of the Spirit, not the requirement for it." Well said brother, I myself have only just begun to see the the fruits of the Spirit in my own life, and that conviction of sin has come about recently through a slow process of about 2 years. Though I consider myself to be a knowledgeable Christian, this was still very informative and helpful to me. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

This is a really amazingly thorough video of salvation through the law of love. WOW! Good stuff. What a great witness to truth.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

Wow.. all it does is explain normal things with a fictional view.

A lot of fluff in the bible. Like all things, it`s easier to be diffuse if you want the masses of people to believe it.

It`s the same principle as the horoscope. If you generalize it enough and put enough fluff around it, then people will see themselves in the text or find meaning in it. It also -in that way- works as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If God descends from heaven or the end is upon us I will be happy to come to terms with my self and how I have not lived in belief of the bible.

Until then I will live my life upon the basis of moral, kindness and love, as these are the things I have found to cherish, makes my life complete and makes ME feel good about my self. Like everyone else I am not perfect, but as I get older, my intelligence and understanding of people and the world grows - especially my understanding about how I want my legacy and final days to be.
edit on 8-11-2011 by br0ker because: spelling

top topics

join