It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what'd you do to my recent posts button!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
it's not in the center anymore. Now I have to drag my mouse all the way to the right. Unbelievable. THis violates every UI rule I can think of. I think it should be retreived and placed smack dab in the middle.

If you wanted to make it more obvious then just change the color to off white or something.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I liked it better in the middle, too.
Right next to My ATS button. Now I have to navigate all the way over to the right, then to the middle, then to the right.

I don't like this change at all. I've been a good ATSer and never complained, but ....
please put it back in the middle

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think it was moved when they took out the recent posts sidebar earlier today. So that it would be easier to find with the lack of the sidebar

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
it's not in the center anymore. Now I have to drag my mouse all the way to the right. Unbelievable. THis violates every UI rule I can think of. I think it should be retreived and placed smack dab in the middle.

If you wanted to make it more obvious then just change the color to off white or something.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Yeah now I have to move the mouse all to the right.
SO if I get RSI I am holding you responsible!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I also noticed something flaky with the "Subscribed Threads" button in your Control Panel, it like, doesn't work right anymore :@

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I preferred it in the middle as well but, if forced, I suppose I can handle it if you insist on keeping it where it is.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I preferred it in the middle too it took me ages to find it.

I cant handle change

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I feel like a wronged Pavlovian dog. *sniffles*

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
its gone again

*Cries*

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
its gone again

*Cries*

I still want the recent-posts-sidebar back!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
WOW :bow: to SO. This is probably the only time I've ever lain prostate to the SO, my quivering soul and beating heat ripe for taking. The buttongs ... my eyes, ... so pretty ....

[edit on 2-9-2004 by ktprktpr]

EDIT- Butt tongs should be buttons. Don't ask.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I did'nt like it either, but we have new buttons now

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
WOW
how cool and pretty

Thank you SO

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i say we call back the recent posts bar, i had no troubles with it before, dont know why it was reduced to a click and load, uggh how annoying!

jra

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
i say we call back the recent posts bar, i had no troubles with it before, dont know why it was reduced to a click and load, uggh how annoying!

Agreed. Like i said in another thread. It's nice to have it on the side. That way when i'm in the main forum page i can just glance to the side and see the top 10 or 20 latest posts (or how ever many it was) and see if there is anything of interest. I don't like having to click to go to another page and scroll through the whole thing. It's not that i'm lazy, it's just that the old way was much more convenient.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I feel like a wronged Pavlovian dog. *sniffles*

DING DING !!! (sound of a bell for those unfamiliar with pavlovs dogs)

I keep going to My ATS because as a creature of habit who fears change , my autopilot is refusing to give up the centerclick for new post coordinates , and may need a reboot .

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I also notice there's no "All" button any more when you enter the Recent Posts page, but I imagine that 300-500 is the last lot of "recent" posts you would see when previously clicking "All". I prefer less button pushes in my infrequent catchup sessions and I guess it is a tradeoff against other parameters like refresh times or memory or those subtle things that a friendly propellerhead might follow that I do not.

new topics

top topics

join