It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the hell are we all going??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I mean, when I look around myself I see we are all continuosly falling down a big endless hole. Our civil rights are been torn and trepped upon, information is controlled and is deviated by the PTB, the government continues to LIE and control us using terrible tactics such as TERROR FOR TERRORISM, books like "The Big Lie" by Meyssan Thierry and movies like Michael Moore's Farehneit 9/11 reach the public but are mostly ignored, no action is taken...I mean, we all speak so much about it, all of us realizes most of this, possibly less and possibly more, but how many are doing something constructive against it? I mean, we all discuss all this stuff, I see the most constructive posts here on ATS, and well, I really think all of us, and when I say ALL I mean ALL of us should do something about it. I really think it's time to "react", to stop being afraid and start really going out there and shouting this to people. I mean, I'm sick of realizing, day after day, that we're all in the hands of smart bastards who do their interests at the cost of HUMAN LIVES, at the cost of OUR LIVES. It just drives me up the wall. Sorry to everyone if I sound too harsh or mad, but I really think all of this must stop.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I would really like to read the interpretation of what you said. Could you do it again and this time try to make sense out of what you are implying?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
I mean, when I look around at myself I see that we are all continuosly falling down a big endless hole.

Our civil rights are been torn apart and trampled upon; information is controlled and revised by the PTB.

The government continues to LIE and control us using terrible tactics such as TERROR FOR TERRORISM, books like "The Big Lie" by Meyssan Thierry. movies like Michael Moore's Farehneit 9/11 reach the public but are mostly ignored, no action is taken...I mean, we all speak so much about it, all of us realizes most of this, possibly less and possibly more, but how many are doing something constructive against it? I mean, we all discuss all this stuff, I see the most constructive posts here on ATS, and well, I really think all of us, and when I say ALL I mean ALL of us should do something about it. I really think it's time to "react", to stop being afraid and start really going out there and shouting this to people. I mean, I'm sick of realizing, day after day, that we're all in the hands of smart bastards who do their interests at the cost of HUMAN LIVES, at the cost of OUR LIVES. It just drives me up the wall. Sorry to everyone if I sound too harsh or mad, but I really think all of this must stop.

I was going to revise this so that it could be understood. BUT .... as I was reading this I disagreed with it so much I could not finish I am Sorry ... the government is trying to make books like "The Big Lie" by Meyssan Thierry .....

I have never read that and I have never seen Farehnhite 9/11 ... but I can tell you for sure that I know that whatever you read in those books scared the .... heck outta of you .... so ... I am not going to read them.

I just read the news and what actually happens maybe everyone else should try that. Try looking at the news and stuff that is going on right now the only thing that you lern from books is the past or laws .... even if it is laws of math ... PEACE

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
I mean, when I look around myself I see we are all continuosly falling down a big endless hole. Our civil rights are been torn and trepped upon, information is controlled and is deviated by the PTB, the government continues to LIE and control us using terrible tactics such as TERROR FOR TERRORISM, books like "The Big Lie" by Meyssan Thierry and movies like Michael Moore's Farehneit 9/11 reach the public but are mostly ignored, no action is taken...I mean, we all speak so much about it, all of us realizes most of this, possibly less and possibly more, but how many are doing something constructive against it? I mean, we all discuss all this stuff, I see the most constructive posts here on ATS, and well, I really think all of us, and when I say ALL I mean ALL of us should do something about it. I really think it's time to "react", to stop being afraid and start really going out there and shouting this to people. I mean, I'm sick of realizing, day after day, that we're all in the hands of smart bastards who do their interests at the cost of HUMAN LIVES, at the cost of OUR LIVES. It just drives me up the wall. Sorry to everyone if I sound too harsh or mad, but I really think all of this must stop.

There's nothing wrong with feeling the way you do. Things are bad, bad, bad in this country. Look into organizations which attempt to
combat the wrongs you addressed. The best way to fight apathy is to
hook up with others who share the same passion as you.

Americans, on the whole, aren't passionate people. We are known
throughout the globe as being robotic and shallow. Are all Americans
spoiled ding-dongs? No. Are most nowadays? IMO "yes."

You have to remember - most modern Americans know nothing about history. Nor do they care to learn. Their biggest woe is bill-paying. They
haven't suffered much.

They aren't a family oriented lot, either; the number one goal is sitting in the office - not spending quality time with the wife and kids.

Most modern Americans have never been outside of the country. They
are extremely sheltered people.

I'm telling you this so you realize our society isn't an impassioned one.
It takes conviction, passion and courage to take a stand beyond the computer. Most importantly, it takes *EMPATHY* to feel badly about
people dying. Spoiled people are all about ME, ME, ME - they aren't raised
to fret for others.

Either hook up with an organization you approve of or relocate to another country. The latter is possible. I've lived in both europe and the US
and assure you europeans - on the whole - are more passionate about
life then we are here.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
I was going to revise this so that it could be understood. BUT .... as I was reading this I disagreed with it so much I could not finish I am Sorry ... the government is trying to make books like "The Big Lie" by Meyssan Thierry .....

I have never read that and I have never seen Farehnhite 9/11 ... but I can tell you for sure that I know that whatever you read in those books scared the .... heck outta of you .... so ... I am not going to read them.

I just read the news and what actually happens maybe everyone else should try that. Try looking at the news and stuff that is going on right now the only thing that you lern from books is the past or laws .... even if it is laws of math ... PEACE

What I'm basically saying is NOT that books like The Big Lie or Moore's Fahrehneit 9/11 scare me, but it is the situation we all currently live in that does. I have re-read what I wrote, and I'm sorry but I really wasn't able to understand what exactly is so obscure about it, please point out the points you do not understand and I will try to explain them better. I was also wondering for which reason you disagreed so much with what I said, I'd be more than interested in reading it.
"the only thing that you lern from books is the past" It seriously hurts to listen to such phrases. That reminds me so much of Fran�ois Truffaut's Fahrenheit 451... also please consider that who does not know the past, is destined to commit the same mistakes over and over again.

top topics

join