It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St. McCain- is he really 'pure?'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
�Mr. Clean� or Prisoner Songbird?

About 300 guests turned out Saturday night to celebrate the 90th birthday of Joseph 'Joe
Bananas' Bonanno, retired boss of New York's Bonanno crime family. He retired to Tucson in 1968 . . . John McCain, R-Ariz., and Gov. Fife Symington sent their regards by telegram."

McCain was one of the "Keating Five,"
congressmen investigated on ethics charges for strenuously helping convicted racketeer Charles Keating after he gave them large campaign contributions and vacation trips.
Charles Keating was convicted of racketeering and fraud in both state and federal court after his Lincoln Savings & Loan collapsed, costing the taxpayers $3.4 billion. His convictions were overturned on technicalities.

McCain intervened
on behalf of Charles Keating after Keating gave McCain at least $112,00 in contributions. In the mid-1980s, McCain made at least nine trips on Keating's airplanes, and three of those were to Keating's luxurious retreat in the Bahamas. McCain's wife and father-in-law also were the largest investors (at $350,000) in a Keating shopping center; the Phoenix New Times called it a "sweetheart deal."

fig leaf or respectabily? where did it go?

Was this part of a much larger scandal? A cover-up to provide a smoke screen for yet even more government misdeeds? S&L laws passed to remove government oversite

This case was made almost invisible at the time due to the onset of the 1991 invasion of Iraq.

Duck and cover - - - -

He said she (Alfond) was accusing him and others of "some conspiracy without proof, and some cover-up."
McCain, as a member of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, took the lead in demanding a U.S. Justice Department investigation of POW/MIA families and activists accusing them of fraud because in some of their fund-raising literature they claimed the U.S. government knowingly left U.S. POWs behind after the Vietnam War and that some remain alive today.
- - - -
After being periodically slapped around for "three or four days" by his captors who wanted military information from him, McCain called for an officer on his fourth day of captivity.
He told the officer, "O.K., I'll give you military information if you will take me to the
hospital."
-U.S. News and World Report, May 14, 1973 article written by former POW John McCain

His father is none other than Admiral Edmond John McCain, commander in chief of U.S. Naval forces in Europe." Written by "prominent" French television reporter Francois Chalais - January 1968

Reds Say PW Songbird Is Pilot Son of Admiral . . . Hanoi has aired a broadcast in which the pilot son of United States Commander in the Pacific, Adm. John McCain, purportedly admits to having bombed civilian targets in North Vietnam and praises medical treatment he has received since being taken prisoner." Saigon-UPI, June 4, 1969

July 11, 1995,

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass. gave President Bill Clinton, the valuable political cover he needed to remove the U.S. imposed trade embargo against communist Vietnam. All major U.S. veterans organizations, the two POW/MIA family groups, and the majority of Vietnamese Americans in this country opposed Clinton's lifting of the embargo.

MIA disinfo

chirp . . .chirp . . .chirp

What happens to ALL the �other� POW/MIAs?.

Do YOU think any of these guys would vote for McCain?

Not in THIS century!

Just a 'little' about ghaud McCain.
as the chorus sings "to kill a mockingbird"

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I really don't understand. I mean I do understand the allegations, but what's your take? Are you exposing smear or attacking McCain...or just putting her out there for us?

Only reason I ask is the whole MCain thing is really confusing me lately.

I know everybody claims him, and the RNC loves the little guy to death when they do his bidding... but even Rove's RNC henchmen like Ted Sampley are still attacking McCain while he's pro-Bush!

I have no explanation but somebody is insane, and I don't think it's McCain. So it must be www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.org... because just look at what they say about McCain!!!

www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.com...

E-mail alert synopsis on attacks on McCain:

This new round of attacks comes from a familiar name -- Ted Sampley -- who has a long history of irrational public attacks against both John McCain and John Kerry. In 1992 Sampley created a fake photo of John Kerry shooting an American MIA. He has been jailed for starting a fight with John McCain's staff, and has called McCain the Manchurian Candidate, accusing him of being "brainwashed by the Vietnamese" and being a "KGB spy."

Ted Sampley is now the head of "Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry" and a supporter of "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth." He has been telling lies about John Kerry, and today he launched an extraordinarily false ad smearing John Kerry's military service.

To view this ad click here:

www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnkerry.org...

And this is from the guy/group that Republicans believe about Kerry, while they applaud McCain who they also call a traitor.

It's sheer madness. And kind of sad.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
McCain is a Republican puppet. While these are not some of the greatest sources, most of the information contained therein is true. I have seen this same information in other credible sources, but I cannot remember where, so when I find it I will post it too, but it says the same things that these do:

www.realchange.org...

www.usvetdsp.com...

www.toad.net...

John McCain does not make sense. For one he wants to ban flag burning, but then says that displaying the Confederate flag should be up to the states. WTF is that? Just read his voting records and quotes on this website. Read through his issues here:

www.issues2000.org...

Here is some more:

www.nationalreview.com...

schillerinstitute.org...

slate.msn.com...

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
McCain is evil Bushpusher as he's always been. I'm nauseated. The entire Republican convention is nauseating to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
HOORAY-
3 for 3

I bow to you three posters.

These are exactly the points. It isn't just McCain it is ' ' ' something ' ' ' is going on that reaches across American political spectrum that affects everyone on the planet.

McCain and Kerry were buds not too far back-
They both let the POW/MIA thing become political then crushed it.

Keating five I believe was a 'whoops' kind of accident. The outing of McCain was not supposed to happen. The S&L collapse just took on a mind of its own and was quickly beyond control.

Remember Silverado?
Jeb Bush!

The entire world paid Bush/McCain and others for this planetary rape.

Yet- daddy Bush went on to be president and Jr. is now president. Two of the Bush boys became governors in states that had a big impact on the 2000 election.

The only thing that busted Lincoln (Keating) and Silverado were whistleblowers! The same bane of Enron, WorldCom and others.

Now Bush has Homeland Security with NO whistleblower protection-

Back to McCain- what was the real story he wanted hidden in the POW/MIA exposure? Was it that he 'broke ranks' and sold out to the enemy? Or is/was there something more?

McCain is the classic con-man. Whatever political wind needs tested he will test it. He apparently has no loyalty to the Republicans as he had no loyalty to his fellow prisoners. A real live opportunist.

(btw- excellent links, thanks)

new topics

top topics

join