It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret nuclear plant found in Syria – IAEA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Secret nuclear plant found in Syria – IAEA

rt.com

International Atomic Energy Agency investigators say they’ve discovered a secret nuclear plant in north-western Syria. They claim the complex has a similar design to a uranium enrichment plant Muammar Gaddafi tried to build in Libya.

However, there is apparently no evidence of nuclear production at the site, which is currently used as a cotton-spinning plant.

UN investigators say the previously unknown complex in Syria adds to suspicions that the regime worked with A.Q. Khan, the father of Pakistan’s atomic bomb, to acquire technology that could make nuclear weapons.

Correspondenc
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Fantastic. Is yet another war brewing? How many are we fighting now? I don't want any nation to have nuclear weapons. I certainly don't want to see Syria with them but at this point I'm having trouble believing anything the govt. or watchdog groups say.

Before we start saying Syria has every right to have nuclear weapons/energy really think about it. There is already too much crazy and we really don't need more.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's a cotton spinning factory, but with sufficient upgrades or modifications it could be a nuclear weapons production plant?

Well let's bomb those evil Syrians into the stone age!

What a bunch of garbage propaganda. It isn't even crafted correctly.

No offense to the OP, just criticizing the reports.
edit on 1-11-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Appart from the obvious propaganda agenda, I fail to see why this even made the news? Then again it IS the MSM...

It's a cotton spinning plant with the potential (post-upgrades) to operate as a nuclear facility. Maybe they started down that path and thought that there were potentially more peaceful and revenue generating uses for the facility.

to this article and the idiot who wrote it (not the OP)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think we all know whats coming next..

..will it be Israel or US that attacks ?

The steamroller propaganda machine will be telling us all to be very afraid of big bad Assad real soon..

Cosmic...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The only nation that cannot be trusted with nukes is....the USA. They are the ONLY people to ever drop a bomb like that on a populated area....propaganda dude, plain and simple!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

The only nation that cannot be trusted with nukes is....the USA. They are the ONLY people to ever drop a bomb like that on a populated area

To be fair we are part of a VERY select few nations that has had the bomb, and we've had it the longest. I don't trust ANY nation with nukes.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city,
And it will be a ruinous heap.
2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken;[a]
They will be for flocks
Which lie down, and no one will make them afraid.
3 The fortress also will cease from Ephraim,
The kingdom from Damascus,
And the remnant of Syria;
They will be as the glory of the children of Israel,”
Says the LORD of hosts."

...Isaiah 17:1-3.

I've always taken this verse to indicate that Israel will strike against Syria, but...
perhaps not. Perhaps it indicates a nuclear accident instead?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I have a feeling that Israel will someday strike itself in order to carry out a nuclear war in the region. The whole area is so damn unstable.

new topics

top topics

join