It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammonia leak at San Onofre nuclear plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I hope its just something small and not something they don't want us to know.

Posted on latimesblogs.latimes.com...

" An ammonia leak prompted officials to declare a Level-Two emergency at the San Onofre nuclear power plant and evacuate some workers, officials said.

The leak posed no danger to the public, and no radiation was released during the emergency, said Lauren Bartlett, a spokeswoman for Southern California Edison.

Under federal regulations, there are four emergency levels, depending on the severity of the situation. Level Two involves any "potential substandard degradation in the level of safety of the plant."

The leak was detected about 3 p.m in the steam system used to drive the plant's turbines, Bartlett told The Times. The leak was confined to Unit Three.

Employees in the area of the leak were evacuated. Other plant employees remained at their workstations. Units One and Two were operating normally, Bartlett said."

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by dreamfox1

Reported as a level 3 here.

San Onofre Power Plant Emergency: Level 3 Alert

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

They just found a thirty foot crack at the Perry Nuclear plant here in Ohio...with further cracks elsewhere.

Scary stuff.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think we'd get that same precanned response even with a blinding mushroom cloud behind the reporter, as he/she is reading it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed
I think we'd get that same precanned response even with a blinding mushroom cloud behind the reporter, as he/she is reading it.

"That sun rising in the west is nothing. It happens from time to time."

top topics

join